Page 272 of 277 FirstFirst ... 172222262270271272273274 ... LastLast
Results 2,711 to 2,720 of 2763

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: There Is No Matchmaking In CWL!

The matchmaking in clan war league is based on clan league

It will be the weight of the giga inferno that is making that 13 heavier than the 11, along with the extra defences that he has dropped, rather than the hall number itself..
    The hall is of no real consequence so far as the war map goes, it goes from heaviest defensive weight at the top to lightest at the bottom.
    Sounds like that 13 is going to be rather rushed tho.
    In any case, if it bothers your clan members, why not simply remove the "hit your mirror" shackles, then it dont matter what is where.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    Hmm.. Interesting.
    Always 2 sides to everything, and both arguments have their merits.

Every cwl, clans that sign up for the first time arrive to complain about mismatch..
    Fair comment from them, since their heaviest 15 or 30 accounts place them within a tier..
    And the weighting scale to determine which tier is static and out of date..
    Given the fast pace placed on progression within the modern game, no wonder they gain a bad experience.

However, we regulars in the war sub forum are also fully aware that many clans simply like to win..
    They dont care about rewards, simply winning..
    So that lower placement would suit just fine, at least for a short while..
    And as 2222 says, those that naturally belong in those lower tiers will be experiencing an even tougher time of it..
    Not only would lower power/skill clans be faced with heavy inactive clans, but also those new spawns that are placed artificially low, with both the genuine new starters, and the win seekers.

I would guess the best way forward is as now, but with the entry weights adjusted regularly, so as to make the skill of the clan the early determining factor, as suggested.
    Nothing is perfect, as there will always be those looking for something extra..
    But a realistic, fluid entry weight criteria would at least be the fairest method for the biggest percentage of clans entering the arena for the first time.
    For a clan like ours that would take all benefits that we can, cwl is about farming medals. I understand that some clans might take advantage of winning, but I think my idea for balancing a page or two up would be more beneficial to the noob clans, even a bit detrimental to a clan that would seed every time since it would seed high for more medals. The reason for this is that CWL should cater to the noob clans, and let them win half or more if they are decent. You shouldn't go in and get demolished for 3 seasons, it's demoralizing when you don't have the strategy in place. It's most likely these clans will fight mirrors because it's what they think they need to do.
    Engineered for success---Engineered to win---Winning is life---Tiger Blood

Supercell enforcing fair play? Let's stop Self-Match Clans https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...left-unchecked

Ok, so I created a thread in the ideas section in regards to the initial seeding.

What do you think of it? For me CWL doesn't really matter so I think of it as a gameplay type of thing.

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...6#post12643096
    Engineered for success---Engineered to win---Winning is life---Tiger Blood

Supercell enforcing fair play? Let's stop Self-Match Clans https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...left-unchecked

Quote Originally Posted by louucypher View Post
    why can the creators not figure out and algorithm to use base upgrades rather than town hall upgrade. In cwl my top cm went against a th13 that had lvl 2 infernos and my 2nd cm had a th11 with lvl 5 infernos does not make fair matchups.
    You've mixed up quite a bit with your thread title and your short post.
    1) It isn't cheating.
    2) There is no matchmakingin CWL.
    3) Even in regular war and especially in CWL one account on your side isn't "against" any single account on the other side.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Fresh Spawn
    The problem for me are those who rush the TH, and upgrade troops and some specific builds. It's unfair a th12 with th10 defenses, but upgraded troops and eagle artillery level 3 be matched with a th10.

Quote Originally Posted by Thako View Post
    The problem for me are those who rush the TH, and upgrade troops and some specific builds. It's unfair a th12 with th10 defenses, but upgraded troops and eagle artillery level 3 be matched with a th10.
    If it happens in regular wars, you have an advantage elsewhere in the lineup. In cwl, they arent matched in any way other than the clan happens to be in the same league as you.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Forum Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Thako View Post
    You could do the same. Knowing the pros and cons of rushing are part of the game, and an advantage in 1 area of the game like CWL might be a disadvantage in another portion of the game, like multiplayer or regular war.
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

So, after finishing 6th in our first ever CWL in Gold League 1, last season we finished 5th.

This season thus far we have won 3 wars and lost 1. Looking like we might win the next 3.

So, Crystal League 3 beckons in October, we won't be warring in September due to too many players on holidays.

We've learned to adapt and use our weaker bases to try and get two stars against bases with the TH near the edge. Plus brought in a TH13 to replace the TH8.

Also this season the clans we're pitched against have awful attacking strategies even with strong troops. Seems like they just turn up to get badges I guess and some rewards.

GB

Quote Originally Posted by MrGreenbearUK View Post
    So, after finishing 6th in our first ever CWL in Gold League 1, last season we finished 5th.

This season thus far we have won 3 wars and lost 1. Looking like we might win the next 3.

So, Crystal League 3 beckons in October, we won't be warring in September due to too many players on holidays.

We've learned to adapt and use our weaker bases to try and get two stars against bases with the TH near the edge. Plus brought in a TH13 to replace the TH8.

Also this season the clans we're pitched against have awful attacking strategies even with strong troops. Seems like they just turn up to get badges I guess and some rewards.

GB
    One of the fantastic things about CWL is that even poor attackers can have success, whereas in traditional war they rarely win. This is good for the game.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH8-12
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH11 - Doctor Worm 48/50/18 heroes
    TH12 - doug 51/58/28 heroes