Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: CWL Highly Unbalanced...

Centennial Club

CWL Highly Unbalanced...

I'm just going to take a minute and express my frustration with how CWL has progressed over the past year. When CWL first started, you could comfortably put most TH levels above 7 in war and have somewhat of a fairly good match-up, but not always. There were times where you would put th8's in and they would get matched up with th9s and so forth.. now, its become so highly unbalanced that if you put any of your members in lower than th10, they have absolutely no chance against their mirrored opponents.
    To me here lately, CWL has become geared more for the higher TH levels(10, 11, 12, and now TH13s), which gives no one with lower THs a chance to get their war stars up, war win bonuses and get a descent amount of metals, above the minimum you get for just being on the roster. I have seen these absolute terrible matchups creating alot of frustration with my own clan mates because they are constantly having to sit on the sidelines and spectate every cwl and can only imagine the frustration with others around the world that are having to do the same thing.
    CWL used to be fun and exciting, but now its no longer enjoyable to be apart of when you are constantly getting mis-matched with 1 or even 2 or 3 TH levels higher than you.. Im sure I'm blowing into the wind with thread but it would be nice to see SC revamp the whole CWL system somehow and bring back the fun and enjoyment of being in war with fair matchups for 7 days and not 7 days of pure disappointments..
    Yes we have dropped leagues to try to get more fair matchups, but unfortunately now you have all these top clan dropping to lower leagues to sandbag other clans in war, where instead they should be up in higher leagues where they belong, so dropping leagues isn't working either...

Ofc the game is going to be more geared towards th10+. We dont want people sitting around at lower townhalls forever and it doesn't take long to get to th10+ in the current state of the game.

Standing outside a broken Clan Castle with Gold in my hand
    I’ve actually considered recommending my th10 clanmates to just move up to th11 not only get more enjoyment from the game (having a Warden vs not having one) but also to help combat our CWL “mismatches”. Truth is, we’re trying to maintain a status quo with players at lower ths and power levels than what we used to get there, and it’s showing. I feel like that with changes SC has made to hasten the progression of lower ths and the benefit you get in CWL for slightly “rushing”, coupled with the stigma of “rushing” disappearing along with the cesspool of global chat, where players were taunted just for not maxing their walls, there isn’t any reason for a player to remain at a lower th just to finish up things that have no impact on their offensive capability.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by CupcakeCowboy View Post
    Ofc the game is going to be more geared towards th10+. We dont want people sitting around at lower townhalls forever and it doesn't take long to get to th10+ in the current state of the game.
    Ok that is understandable, but not everyone is going to rush to th10+ just so they can be in cwl.. its needs to be more balanced for lower TH levels as well and not just for 11s, 12s, and 13s like I've seen it here lately. Even our th10s get matched up against 11s and 12s so how is that fair for the game??

Forum Legend
    Takes well under a year to get to TH10, upgrade or skip CWL. You make the choice.
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

Quite simply, CWL was obviously designed with the top THs in mind. It's meant to be competitive, which in turn means that lower ths simply need to buckle up their bootstraps and start upgrading. There are plenty of options for lower ths, including doing regular wars and / or being in a sub clan for CWL where they are competing in a league which works better for them.

Part of the issue though is the mindset. Remember that you are competing as a clan, therefore the goals should be clan goals not individual lower th goals. If they don't feel like they can compete then the incentive is there to get bigger and stronger as it should be.

Now many people accuse people of sandbagging in lower leagues, which although is the case I'm sure occasionally, this isn't always true. Remember that the fastest jumps up can be made at lower ths. For example I made a brand new account less than a week ago, with a few dollars spent and some hard farming I've already got that account going to th8, is it maxed for that level, heck no, but I can crush any th7 already and and give it a month and see where it will be. Point being upgrades come fast at the lower levels, add a new recruit or two and the makeup of a clan can change pretty drastically at the lower levels.

CWL was meant for your clan to push as high as possible. If you use that as your goal instead of worrying about every match being even, you'll likely have way more fun.
    Signature provided by Terminus Prime

Forum Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by nighthawk34691 View Post
    Ok that is understandable, but not everyone is going to rush to th10+ just so they can be in cwl.. its needs to be more balanced for lower TH levels as well and not just for 11s, 12s, and 13s like I've seen it here lately. Even our th10s get matched up against 11s and 12s so how is that fair for the game??
    The fair is a place you go to buy deep fried twinkies.
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

Anything below crystal is a mess. I seriously doubt top clans are dropping to gold or silver anymore. If they are, its dumb as you get far more medals higher. Lower leagues are who actually attacks. However, it doesnt take long to get to th10 these days. I've done my th10 (nearly maxed) in a year. That's with mostly getting the sideline medals. Honestly, medals for hammers are wasted on anything below high 10 these days. Th9 and below have a ton of advantages compared to when old timers went through them. Super quick to go through. Downside is cwl is going to be tough. We only run 11 up.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by nighthawk34691 View Post
    You haven't said what league you are in. Have you had any promotions or demotions? Is your clan active or casual?

Something about this kind of triggers me. I co-lead a clan with half th12's/13's. The other half are 11's/10's. To adapt to CWL, we did a 15 man roster then made a feeder clan for the lowers just for the one week of cwl. Our main clan is in Masters 3 and the feeder is in Gold 3. Even in Gold 3, our #1 (a Th11) has to hit a th13. And guess what? She two starred it & it had scattershots and max infernos.

However, the game isn't supposed to be easy. You aren't owed medals, you aren't owed free loot. You have to compete for it like everyone else in the game. Can't compete? Try harder, learn new strats, farm more. With the cushion the lower level players have now in reduced costs, magic items, etc, it irks me to see people complain about it being "too hard". I've played for over 7 years, back in my day you weren't given anything for free.

It's a part of the process, take it as a chance to get better. There is a reason those clans are so low, we beat ours when having a TH disadvantage 13/15 of the match ups. It is possible, it just takes planning.
    IGN: BlackJack | Co-Leader of Reckoned Rebel | Level 216 | PB: 5821