Page 271 of 277 FirstFirst ... 171221261269270271272273 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,710 of 2763

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: There Is No Matchmaking In CWL!

Unfair clan war league

I have a clan clanlevel 5 with starting bases. How is it possible that we get such unfair war? All clans are higher niveau and each opponent is so much stonger then we. More correct can be only the same clan level but what we got now, its frustrating and not nice for playing

Quote Originally Posted by Filiptheking View Post
    I have a clan clanlevel 5 with starting bases. How is it possible that we get such unfair war? All clans are higher niveau and each opponent is so much stonger then we. More correct can be only the same clan level but what we got now, its frustrating and not nice for playing
    There is no matchmaking in clan war league. You are matched against 7 other clans within your league and that's it. There is no plans (and likely never will be any) to implement any kind of matchmaking.
    | BK 73 | AQ 75 | GW 50 | RC 20 |

Forum Superstar
    CWL does matchmaking on your clans first entry to CWL. It looks at your entered bases, and choose a CWL league for you. After that, every subsequent CWL season, whether you do them all or skip some, your CWL league only changes based on your results, winners go up, losers go down. Winners get higher harder level leagues next time, losers get lower easier leagues next time.

Somewhere, you can find the details.

That's how it is supposed to work. A flaw is that a clan can enter 15 low level bases to start, and then enter higher level bases next season. Also, the system can be abused by losing on purpose. Losing on purpose is trivially easy by not turning up, which can be guaranteed by the leader putting in the original 15 dummy bases that he controls.

You may be suffering from others abusing the spirit of the game as above. Alternatively, you may be just experiencing the chaotic environment at the bottom end of the CWL league system.

If you want to see the CWL game working well, you need to go to CWL crystal and above, and to do well there, you need to have all high level bases.

CWL is not for starting bases.

Clan level plays zero role in matchmaking, and CWL doesn't have matchmaking like Clan Wars.

Discussed previously here. Please refer to this thread , it will make the fog clear.

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...ht=matchmaking
    Last edited by drekdx; August 4th, 2020 at 05:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wachichi View Post
    Perhaps your right. I was thinking that people would be abusing the system in a different way. This system was addapted to be more beneficial being in higher teirs for medals. So not updating the matchmaker could lead to abuse by medal farming new clans.
    However some teams could just as easily do that by seeding a new league then NEXT league putting in low accounts to farm.(So updating the new cwl clan seed mechanics wouldn't stop that completely.) And diametrically the same happens at lower lower leagues when clans add in new high level accounts.
    The current system is seeding new clans way too high this must (at least a little) hurt the general competitiveness of semi high tiers.
    However you raise a good point about clans favouring the experience of winning a few leagues.
    I like this "better experience" for a genuinely new clan, but people repeating this could be detrimental to the lower leagues.
    In the end I agree with puma and 2222 that its most likely best to match new teams initially into a teir that's at least near where they would end up. Currently this is not the case from all reports.
    Hmm.. Interesting.
    Always 2 sides to everything, and both arguments have their merits.

Every cwl, clans that sign up for the first time arrive to complain about mismatch..
    Fair comment from them, since their heaviest 15 or 30 accounts place them within a tier..
    And the weighting scale to determine which tier is static and out of date..
    Given the fast pace placed on progression within the modern game, no wonder they gain a bad experience.

However, we regulars in the war sub forum are also fully aware that many clans simply like to win..
    They dont care about rewards, simply winning..
    So that lower placement would suit just fine, at least for a short while..
    And as 2222 says, those that naturally belong in those lower tiers will be experiencing an even tougher time of it..
    Not only would lower power/skill clans be faced with heavy inactive clans, but also those new spawns that are placed artificially low, with both the genuine new starters, and the win seekers.

I would guess the best way forward is as now, but with the entry weights adjusted regularly, so as to make the skill of the clan the early determining factor, as suggested.
    Nothing is perfect, as there will always be those looking for something extra..
    But a realistic, fluid entry weight criteria would at least be the fairest method for the biggest percentage of clans entering the arena for the first time.

Millennial Club <<GaMe ChAnGeR>>'s Avatar
    Making the minimum townhall to play CWL as 6 would be a good idea, I think. This would balance the lower leagues a bit, and decrease a lot of complaining about mismatches. Also, an option can be provided whereby the clans would be able to choose whether they want to play playing CWL or regular wars. Those who want to be competitive can play CWL, whereas the lower players can play Regular Wars.

Also, the number of CWL medals awarded in the lower leagues can be further lowered, to prevent high-level clans from artificially lowering their leagues for medal farming at lower leagues(thereby destroying the experience for the lower level clans) :-)
    Last edited by <<GaMe ChAnGeR>>; August 4th, 2020 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by <<GaMe ChAnGeR>> View Post
    Making the minimum townhall to play CWL as 6 would be a good idea, I think. This would balance the lower leagues a bit, and decrease a lot of complaining about mismatches. Also, an option can be provided whereby the clans would be able to choose whether they want to play playing CWL or regular wars. Those who want to be competitive can play CWL, whereas the lower players can play Regular Wars.

Also, the number of CWL medals awarded in the lower leagues can be further lowered, to prevent high-level clans from artificially lowering their leagues for medal farming at lower leagues(thereby destroying the experience for the lower level clans) :-)
    We don't have TH6s on here complaining about mismatches. It's usually 9/10/11s in gold that are complaining about being up against clans that are mostly 11+. Further, in the lower leagues I don't see heavy clans medal farming. If they are there they generally have only a small number of accounts attacking. Lowering medals even further is not going to change this.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH8-12
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH11 - Doctor Worm 48/50/18 heroes
    TH12 - doug 51/58/28 heroes

town hall cheats

why can the creators not figure out and algorithm to use base upgrades rather than town hall upgrade. In cwl my top cm went against a th13 that had lvl 2 infernos and my 2nd cm had a th11 with lvl 5 infernos does not make fair matchups.

There is no match making in cwl... we have been going against some old school bases.. I just had a guy go against a th11 with no xbows no infernos and no eagle.