Page 218 of 234 FirstFirst ... 118168208216217218219220228 ... LastLast
Results 2,171 to 2,180 of 2333

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: There Is No Matchmaking In CWL!

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2171
    Quote Originally Posted by Werevenge View Post
    Understood. I still find it unfortunate that SC will not invest in reducing the variance of clan strengths. It will make the event a lot more enjoyable.
    For some it would.

But it would destroy the whole concept of CWL being a performance based ladder system.

Any form of weight based matching would immediately mean it was no longer performance based.

There is regular clan wars for that. CWL is a different animal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Open 24 Hours
    Quote Originally Posted by Werevenge View Post
    Understood. I still find it unfortunate that SC will not invest in reducing the variance of clan strengths. It will make the event a lot more enjoyable.
    We very much enjoy cwl. but it is all about perspective. If you dont find cwl a positive experience stick to the weighted matchmaker.

If you decide to stick to cwl, perspective is important to enjoy the experience. Many clanmates go in with the preconception that they have to get 3 stars, or fears that they will be a weight to the team. Break those fears and expectations for your clanmates and let them have fun without feeling like they are being judged.

Quote Originally Posted by Circuitdude View Post
    Well then it needs to change. The matches we get make NO sence. The time before last we kicked smurf. Last time was a crazy mismatch in the other clan's favor and now it's anither crazy mismatch not in our favor. In the same league we kicked smurf in not long ago.
    No, it does not need to change. The only thing that needs to change is your attitude towards it or your participation in it. It is a LADDER system. If you don't understand what this means, google it.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH8-12
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH10 - Doctor Worm permamax (for now)
    TH11 - doug 50/50/20 heroes

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    For some it would.

But it would destroy the whole concept of CWL being a performance based ladder system.

Any form of weight based matching would immediately mean it was no longer performance based.

There is regular clan wars for that. CWL is a different animal.
    In my experience, the CWL leads to more and more rushing in the lower leagues. We are only Kristall 3 with a th13 and 2 x th12. We have some th9 that don't have a chance. The opponents have up to 12 x th13. The opponents are no better in attack, they win because of too strong defense and it is easy for them to face th9. We hold the league with 6th place, it is not fun and the lower town halls do not create 8 stars. Of course, we could do the math to descend, but maybe it's the same there or you get back up and the game starts again. The CWL will never be fair for lower leagues, as only for the CWL th13 and th12 go to other clans with a lower league. Of course you don't have to participate, but what sense does it make if the CWL is only for th13 or 12? I only see the one that everyone should level up as quickly as possible. It's no wonder when many clans break down or players become inactive. The CWL may be fair and fun for 15:15 th13, otherwise it is just unfair.
    I can't see skill/ performance if a th13 is better than a th9.
    Last edited by Tinkerbell66; January 6th, 2020 at 11:09 PM.

Its a mixed bag on first season.. Fortunate, because the weight of those 15 places you where you can get more medals.. Unfortunate, because the weighting system is out of date, so others have had up to a year to progress their accounts..

After that, its simply about looking at what you can get..
    Only difference between a 12/13, and any other hall, is extra consideration needs to be taken for the hall defence..

I carry 7x 9s into gold 1 each day.. I had only seen 4x9s and an 8 throughout the first 4 days.. Today I face 4x9s..
    just make sure you hit a triple on any base you can, and scrape whatever else you can..
    Hitting up becomes normal, if you can push your roster beyond its weight (or dont progress at an average rate)..

Just remember, its only cwl.. As others have said, its simply about medals..
    Weighted is for the rest of the month.. Its good to have a rest from war for the week..

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbell66 View Post
    In my experience, the CWL leads to more and more rushing in the lower leagues. We are only Kristall 3 with a th13 and 2 x th12. We have some th9 that don't have a chance. The opponents have up to 12 x th13. The opponents are no better in attack, they win because of too strong defense and it is easy for them to face th9. We hold the league with 6th place, it is not fun and the lower town halls do not create 8 stars. Of course, we could do the math to descend, but maybe it's the same there or you get back up and the game starts again. The CWL will never be fair for lower leagues, as only for the CWL th13 and th12 go to other clans with a lower league. Of course you don't have to participate, but what sense does it make if the CWL is only for th13 or 12? I only see the one that everyone should level up as quickly as possible. It's no wonder when many clans break down or players become inactive. The CWL may be fair and fun for 15:15 th13, otherwise it is just unfair.
    You can make the same choice as them, and take your accounts to 13 as well..
    Or you can simply shrug, and look for medals..
    CWL only lasts one week per month, after that you have 3 weeks of regular weighted war..
    Which accounts would you rather carry.. Rushed cwl bases, or balanced war bases?.

If you fall into a lower tier, it simply means less medals. Progression will be slowed a little, but so what..
    There is nothing unfair about it.. Everyone knows it is unweighted.. So everyone can choose..

Two choices for mixed hall clans.. Regular or CWL.. Cant have both till a clan wars heavy, due to having opposite optimums for the chosen system. (Sorry for the size of the text. I promise I'm not shouting)

PS.. Sorry for treading on your toes Puma.. I was editing as you posted.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; January 6th, 2020 at 11:21 PM.

In my experience, the CWL leads to more and more rushing in the lower leagues. We are only Kristall 3 with a th13 and 2 x th12. We have some th9 that don't have a chance. The opponents have up to 12 x th13. The opponents are no better in attack, they win because of too strong defense and it is easy for them to face th9. We hold the league with 6th place, it is not fun and the lower town halls do not create 8 stars. Off course, we could do the math to descend, but maybe it's the same there or you get back up and the game starts again. The CWL will never be fair for lower leagues, as only for the CWL th13 and th12 go to other clans with a lower league. Of course you don't have to participate, but what sense does it make if the CWL is only for th13 or 12? I only see the one that everyone should level up as quickly as possible. It's no wonder when many clans break down or players become inactive. The CWL may be fair and fun for 15:15 th13, otherwise it is just unfair.
    There is nothing unfair about cwl. there certainly are uneven individual wars, but everyone plays within the same set of rules so it's inherently fair.

if you don't like the clans you're facing you can either sandbag and drop lower intentionally to get more wins but costing you medals or fight for the most stars and hence the most medals to can get. I'll take the latter, but it's up to each individual clan.

one last thing... any mid level th9 should have no trouble getting 8* in Crystal 3.
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; January 6th, 2020 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleC View Post
    We very much enjoy cwl. but it is all about perspective. If you dont find cwl a positive experience stick to the weighted matchmaker.

If you decide to stick to cwl, perspective is important to enjoy the experience. Many clanmates go in with the preconception that they have to get 3 stars, or fears that they will be a weight to the team. Break those fears and expectations for your clanmates and let them have fun without feeling like they are being judged.
    I agree perspective it a huge factor. I know my own clan had to talk about it and get it clear to all that CWL is WAY different than how we approach regular war. Regular war it is all about the win. Nothing else matters. CWL we had to totally shift to understanding we are only going to win about 50% of the time. We also had to shift our perspective to understand the "war" was made up of 7 battles. Sure, any one battle is important for the extra 10 stars, but the key is the whole war of 10 battles. Our goal is to get as high as we can, knowing we will win less than 50% if we get promoted, more if we get demoted, etc.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here for how cc troops deploy ( it depends) and more here. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.

Quote Originally Posted by Circuitdude View Post
    Well then it needs to change. The matches we get make NO sence. The time before last we kicked smurf. Last time was a crazy mismatch in the other clan's favor and now it's anither crazy mismatch not in our favor. In the same league we kicked smurf in not long ago.
    They make sense, although I can understand why you might not like them. It would be more fun if they were all a little more even. My guess is you are not very high on the ladder? They get more even if you move up higher with less of the thing where you destroy one clan one war and get destroyed the next.

One thing that might help, though, is to keep in mind this is really one big war with 7 battles, not 7 individual wars. So, against that clan that you are beating easily, the point isn't to win the war, the point is to get as many stars as possible. The same thing against the clan you are losing to badly, the point still is to try to get as many stars as possible. What strategy can you employ to maximize your stars? Every one of the 7 battles the goal is to try to get as many stars as possible. Winning by 10 stars with only two attacks left? It doesn't matter, those two attacks are still really important. They count in the total stars for the week which is what decides what place you take in this one big war comprised of 7 battles. It is almost to the point of ignoring the total stars the other clan has, other than in very close wars where of course you may need to be more aggressive with a few attacks at the end to try to get the 10 star bonus for the win.
    Last edited by 2222; January 7th, 2020 at 03:06 AM.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here for how cc troops deploy ( it depends) and more here. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    There is nothing unfair about cwl. there certainly are uneven individual wars, but everyone plays within the same set of rules so it's inherently fair.

if you don't like the clans you're facing you can either sandbag and drop lower intentionally to get more wins but costing you medals or fight for the most stars and hence the most medals to can get. I'll take the latter, but it's up to each individual clan.

one last thing... any mid level th9 should have no trouble getting 8* in Crystal 3.
    That's how it should be. But there are only 7 fights. That would mean that a th9 would have to create 1 star 6 times against th13/12 and once even 2.
    Perhaps I am alone with my opinion, but if a clan is classified once according to its weight but it will be possible in the next CWL with much stronger accounts I still consider it unfair to compete because the classification no longer relates to the original level of war. I myself have a Th13 and no problems, but I will not advise any th9 to rush to th13. Then prefer no more CWL.

That's how it should be. But there are only 7 fights. That would mean that a th9 would have to create 1 star 6 times against th13/12 and once even 2.
    Perhaps I am alone with my opinion, but if a clan is classified once according to its weight but it will be possible in the next CWL with much stronger accounts I still consider it unfair to compete because the classification no longer relates to the original level of war. I myself have a Th13 and no problems, but I will not advise any th9 to rush to th13. Then prefer no more CWL.
    If cwl matching was weighted, even once, then there would be cause for complaint..

But matching isnt actually weighted, ever..
    The reason for the weight of the top 15 is simply to fast track a "new" clan into a tier more fitting for their size..
    Once they are placed in that tier, they are randomly matched against 7 clans from within the tier..

This is likely the reason it hasnt been updated since its release back in October 2018.. If they were to update it, that would prove difficult, due to the diversity of rosters contained within all but the higher tiers now..
    On release, it worked fine, because everyone was basically the same size for each tier.

SC try to make cwl inclusive of everyone, matterless of their size or make up.. The lack of a MMA is what makes this possible..
    Could you imagine the trouble of trying to match clans into groups of 8, with all the check boxes in place..
    It would require everyone to play mainstream bases, otherwise they could be excluded from cwl due to non matching.. Something that should not be forced on anyone..

As things stand, anybody that wishes to enter can.. Fair is simply to play by the rules.. And everybody should know the rules prior to signing up.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; January 7th, 2020 at 12:07 PM.