Page 201 of 209 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 2090

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: There Is No Matchmaking In CWL!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPC View Post
    I put my newest mini into a random clan. The Sept CWL was similar for us. We placed only 15 bases on the roster knowing that the first CWL placement is based on weight - we ended up in Gold III. I don't recall our exact TH distribution, but my mini was in it as a TH5 (not the lowest) and a pretty even scattering of TH levels up to TH11. All of our opponents were much much heavier, like TH9-TH12. We ended up placing 5th purely because half the opponent clans didn't attack.

I'm wondering if SC has tweaked the initial placement weights over time or not, i.e. a year ago they determined how to distribute everyone joining CWL, but over the course of the year all clans have moved up or down, plus they've been upgrading their bases. You would think SC would have tweaked the initial placement rules, but based on my experience and OP's, I don't think they have. I really wonder if our clan's weight is similar to the average weight of today's Gold III clans.
    One side note is that you can include way more than 15, only the top 15 count. Anyway, it sounds like those much heavier clans have properly dropped down to that tier as would be expected in a ladder system as a result of their poor organization/participation. There are bound to be some of those in the low tiers. They can't climb higher because they aren't skilled or active enough.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! I'd start it at 5500 and let farmers play 5000-5500, but overall it is a great improvement.

Yea, supercell really needs to revisit and adjust the matching of first league for unranked clans. We did a new clan for our lower halls this cwl and we are completely outmatched.

I was expecting to match in crystal with 7 th12 ( 3 rushed) , 7 th11, 1 th10. However, we matched in masters 2! Facing all th12 lineup...completely ridiculous!

New Bloke/Chick
    We are in gold3. August silver 2. September silver 1. Lineup
    1 th 11
    2 th 10
    5 th 9
    4 th 8
    3 th 7 facing

8 th 11
    7 th 10

previous 2 cwl s we were outmatched but opposition didnít use attacks.
    we were promoted not because we were better but we used all out attacks. Now we face bases it is difficult for 3/4 of our roster to get a star on. Great matchmaking
    Last edited by Fiddlediddle; October 4th, 2019 at 02:27 AM.

War League Matchup RIDICULOUS

My first ClanWar league ever with my clan and all my town hall 7 and 6 guys get matched up with 10s and 9s??!!! What up with that?Feel like some work needs to be done with this system

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlediddle View Post
    We are in gold3. August silver 2. September silver 1. Lineup
    1 th 11
    2 th 10
    5 th 9
    4 th 8
    3 th 7 facing

8 th 11
    7 th 10

previous 2 cwl s we were outmatched but opposition didn’t use attacks.
    we were promoted not because we were better but we used all out attacks. Now we face bases it is difficult for 3/4 of our roster to get a star on. Great matchmaking
    There is no matchmaking in CWL, how could it be great or bad if there is none at all.

Your clan was promoted regardless of whether your clan was better or not, whether your opponent use all attacks or not, but it's still a promotion to higher league that merit higher level opponent, more skilled opponent, more active opponent, more organized opponent. It just means that CWL system is working well.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Russianmob305 View Post
    Yea, supercell really needs to revisit and adjust the matching of first league for unranked clans. We did a new clan for our lower halls this cwl and we are completely outmatched.

I was expecting to match in crystal with 7 th12 ( 3 rushed) , 7 th11, 1 th10. However, we matched in masters 2! Facing all th12 lineup...completely ridiculous!
    You will still get more medals as long as everyone gets 8 stars in 7 battles than 1st place in crystal 1.

Banned
    You do not fear...you should try your best and do work hard
    And upgrades you townhall lvl..and there no matchmaking...

CWL was designed so the best of the best could compete for the top league. Makes me wonder why anyone below th12 was included or encouraged to participate. Obviously any clan without a full th12 roster is not going to be competitive for that top of the leaderboard position anyways.
    Perhaps design an additional cwl for everyone that doesnít have a full th12 lineup that isnít as frustrating and is actually fun.
    This is just a game after all, shouldnít it be fun for everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    There is no matchmaking. However, what you were probably thinking of is when you put a clan into CWL for the first time, the 15 heaviest (most upgraded basically) bases in your clan determine which league you get placed in. There is no matchmaking within that league, you just randomly match with others in that league. What league are you in? Also, what bases are on your total roster (not just the 15 in this war)?
    Can you point us to the statement about 'the 15 strongest bases in the clan'?
    This has always been stated as the 15 strongest IN THE CWL ROSTER, not just in the clan... otherwise it would have been [and still would be] even easier to play the system...

Quote Originally Posted by Beefenclog42 View Post
    CWL was designed so the best of the best could compete for the top league. Makes me wonder why anyone below th12 was included or encouraged to participate. Obviously any clan without a full th12 roster is not going to be competitive for that top of the leaderboard position anyways.
    Perhaps design an additional cwl for everyone that doesn’t have a full th12 lineup that isn’t as frustrating and is actually fun.
    This is just a game after all, shouldn’t it be fun for everyone?
    The terrible truth about this is that one of my clannies ended up filing a support ticket when things went very bad in opponents for one of our clans, and the literal response they got from support was that everyone should basically shaadupp because the lower could piggyback with the higher ones and get medals for free they hadn't earned themselves.

Before this I had also made a ticket (a few CWLs earlier) and a support agent tried to sell me at that time on the idea that this was SO GREAT for EVERYONE in the clan because ALL of us would have equal opportunity to progress faster since we all could be in CWL, a new and great feature....

Truth is simply that after the ... let's say 'huge mistakes' they made on introducing CWL the feature has really only been good for that top part with the well equipped TH12s ... after that they have been working on cleaning up champs because that was needed for the newerly-added feature of ESL [new revenue stream - equals importance] and below that ... well we basically are on our own. The errors from the start have not been corrected by re-seeding or anything, and there's still a lot of farming going on, even though some keep on saying it's much much better...

OP got seeded according to their war weight, but the system just never checks anything after that first seeding - so all of the stuff that has been out of whack since that beginning is simply still there.... OP, let go of your ideas about ClanWar and 'fair' and being 'matched' .... it all is out the window with CWL. Try to get stars, try to win some wars, maybe by strategically attacking where possible, and sit it out until it's over. That's probably the best thing you can do. Don't let it ruin your experience ....