Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Spying in new CWL system

Quote Originally Posted by Williams22803 View Post
    I might be missing something here but I am only able to see our current war. I can’t look back at the previous was in CWL
    Just click the old day numbers at the bottom. I can still see replays from day 1
    For info on CWL see: CWL survival guide and data posts: 1 (stars), 2 (3* rates), 3 (rosters), 4 (start times and other)
    --------------------
    Forum cup organiser. The forum cup discord server is: https://discord.gg/KEUxV2e

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Warios View Post
    Did any one of you actually read the OP? He is talking about the opposition joining a clans past opponent, all the searching, screening, closing of your own clan, can do nothing in this situation.
    I don't think they did. I think they think he's talking about old-style spying where someone joins your clan to look at your war bases, but you're right, that's not it at all.

I have been a little worried about this because my clan, like most, does not create new war bases for every war, so we are vulnerable. Elite clans who do use new bases should be fine (other than having to endure the pain of making a pile of new bases, but presumably their base build teams enjoy that sort of thing, or are trying to punish themselves.)

Here's the nightmare scenario: during round 1, two clans who face each other complete their attacks and then exchange observers. Those observers then screenshot all the enemy bases that their partner clan faces, because they know that their home clan will, later in the season, face that same opponent. Then the home clan builds those bases and FC's against them.

Fortunately, in my league we're facing clans who still haven't mastered getting everyone to attack yet. But later on, when things get actually competitive? Oh yes.

Before CWL was released I thought the clans would be anonymous and still do. This problem OP mentioned is important, especially higher up in the tiers and it is only one of the problems. Clans cooperating together is another problem. Clans will get in the same tier and search at the exact same time, probably late in the search to limit the number of other clans searching at the same time, to try to get into the same league for the week of wars and at other times it will just randomly happen that clans that know each other will be in the same league. I think it should be anonymous until after the last war, then it should be revealed.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Main clouds thread here. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My suggested legends changes found here. Although now I expect we will just wait for project blue skies. Fingers crossed.

Let them spy. Your assuming the clans you are facing have good enough attackers to pull of a good attack. From what Iím seeing 90% of clash players struggle for 2 stars and the clans that are that good wonít waste time spying.

Let them spy. Your assuming the clans you are facing have good enough attackers to pull of a good attack. From what I’m seeing 90% of clash players struggle for 2 stars and the clans that are that good won’t waste time spying.
    That might be true in the low tiers, but this will be a problem in the upper tiers. The amount of time the highly competitive clans put into war attacks, planning, etc. is incredible and a little time spying is nothing.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Main clouds thread here. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My suggested legends changes found here. Although now I expect we will just wait for project blue skies. Fingers crossed.

Forum Veteran
    Let them spy. Your assuming the clans you are facing have good enough attackers to pull of a good attack. From what I’m seeing 90% of clash players struggle for 2 stars and the clans that are that good won’t waste time spying.
    We're assuming it's only a problem when the clans we face have good enough attackers, and it sounds like you agree.

WRT good clans wasting their time spying: there have been several scandals involving burned bases in the real CWL. It's clear that many good clans will do whatever it takes to get an advantage.
    Last edited by littledoctor; October 30th, 2018 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    That might be true in the low tiers, but this will be a problem in the upper tiers. The amount of time the highly competitive clans put into war attacks, planning, etc. is incredible and a little time spying is nothing.
    Well then itís on your clan to rotate players and build bases. If you want to beat the best you need to put the time in to prevent this. I have been in all the leagues and know the time spent. Itís an equal playing field and you have the same ability to spy as they do. People will find some workaround to anything that SC does as they always do

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Before CWL was released I thought the clans would be anonymous and still do. This problem OP mentioned is important, especially higher up in the tiers and it is only one of the problems. Clans cooperating together is another problem. Clans will get in the same tier and search at the exact same time, probably late in the search to limit the number of other clans searching at the same time, to try to get into the same league for the week of wars and at other times it will just randomly happen that clans that know each other will be in the same league. I think it should be anonymous until after the last war, then it should be revealed.
    There already is a "pot-luck" discord server for the sc-cwl wars, 6 days in and all ready 250+ members. There will be a lot of spinning at the same time for groups if clans in the future.
    Level: 250 | TH12 | GG 2B
    Highest Trophy Count:5225 | Donations: 1.1 million | Hero Levels: 150
    Leader of Rogue Elite
    #8200L0UJ
    Retired League Clan and Players recruiting experienced attackers to play in a relaxed and fun environment.
    ​Our Discord link https://discord.gg/pwz4W2h

Well then it’s on your clan to rotate players and build bases. If you want to beat the best you need to put the time in to prevent this. I have been in all the leagues and know the time spent. It’s an equal playing field and you have the same ability to spy as they do. People will find some workaround to anything that SC does as they always do
    Quick question, which community run leagues were/are you in, and did they have their own rules in place to deal with the issue of spying?
    Level: 250 | TH12 | GG 2B
    Highest Trophy Count:5225 | Donations: 1.1 million | Hero Levels: 150
    Leader of Rogue Elite
    #8200L0UJ
    Retired League Clan and Players recruiting experienced attackers to play in a relaxed and fun environment.
    ​Our Discord link https://discord.gg/pwz4W2h

Well then it’s on your clan to rotate players and build bases. If you want to beat the best you need to put the time in to prevent this. I have been in all the leagues and know the time spent. It’s an equal playing field and you have the same ability to spy as they do. People will find some workaround to anything that SC does as they always do
    If you think it is a good thing that players can spy on bases then that is your opinion and just state it. Nothing wrong with that opinion, I just disagree. For those of us who don’t think it is a good thing, it is reasonable for us to point it out here in the forums and note the problem.