Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Spying in new CWL system

Here's an issue with CWL not many know of

I'm hoping that the forum mods will let this be a thread of its own so it can have its own discussion.

There's an issue other than mismatching and "exclusion" in Clan War Leagues that I'd like to bring to light, and coin the term for: Super Spying.

It's like regular spying, but when done in Clan War Leagues, it's beyond regular spying.
    If you are clan A, and a spy from clan B joins clan C, that spy can see all war bases (depending on day) of clans A, C, D, E, F, G, and H in your war league.

We only have 3 slots for war bases. If the spy sees that our base changes every war, they will basically have all of our war bases.

What do you propose is a fix for this issue?
    Last edited by TheUnusualGuy; October 30th, 2018 at 03:04 AM.

Millennial Club RhaegarTargaryen's Avatar
    Maybe don't let random people into your clan during league wars if you didn't recruit them personally? But the people that do, good for them. Smart play.
    Last edited by RhaegarTargaryen; October 30th, 2018 at 03:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RhaegarTargaryen View Post
    Maybe don't let random people into your clan during league wars if you didn't recruit them personally? But the people that do, good for them. Smart play.
    Right, but the way that you've said it is a fix for just ONE clan. Don't you think that all 8 clans should be protected from this issue?
    Last edited by TheUnusualGuy; October 30th, 2018 at 03:06 AM.

Banned
    As Rhaegar said, during war do not take new recruits. We have this ongoing rule/

Quote Originally Posted by TheUnusualGuy View Post
    Right, but the way that you've said it is a fix for just ONE clan. Don't you think that all 8 clans should be protected from this issue?
    I get what you're saying, that they can spy on other clans. It's the same as before, if someone is that dedicated to do that over and over for a small chance to do better, then that is serious dedication. And sloppiness on the part of the other clans.

To answer your question, no I don't think anything needs to be done.
    Last edited by RhaegarTargaryen; October 30th, 2018 at 03:08 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUnusualGuy View Post

They don't even care about the clans matching weight wise. I doubt they have any plans on fixing super spying.

I get what you're saying, that they can spy on other clans. It's the same as before, if someone is that dedicated to do that over and over for a small chance to do better, then that is serious dedication. And sloppiness on the part of the other clans.

To answer your question, no I don't think anything needs to be done.
    not even close to same as before, a clan with a closed war log did not advertise who they last matched, so your point is not valid.
    Level: 250 | TH12 | GG 2B
    Highest Trophy Count:5225 | Donations: 1.1 million | Hero Levels: 150
    Leader of Rogue Elite
    #8200L0UJ
    Retired League Clan and Players recruiting experienced attackers to play in a relaxed and fun environment.
    ​Our Discord link https://discord.gg/pwz4W2h

Spying is annoying, as much as other ‘loopholes’ in the gameplay.
    Maybe something I proposed for a different purpose could help in this case too:
    - no spectating during cwl: only rostered can see the cwl window; others having no biz in it.

PS: having been spied on, and having spied other clans, this spying doesn’t mean much to me/most my mates... much less than more efficient ways of ‘exploiting’.-

Quote Originally Posted by Warios View Post
    not even close to same as before, a clan with a closed war log did not advertise who they last matched, so your point is not valid.
    Sure it is. War log has nothing to do with this...jumping clans to spy on a base during prep day. That hasn't changed with this.

Sure it is. War log has nothing to do with this...jumping clans to spy on a base during prep day. That hasn't changed with this.
    No, he is talking about opposing players going to the clans you have faced, 7 days of replays are stored in the logs, and they can watch your base defend, where traps are placed ect. like a scout hit in a normal war.
    Level: 250 | TH12 | GG 2B
    Highest Trophy Count:5225 | Donations: 1.1 million | Hero Levels: 150
    Leader of Rogue Elite
    #8200L0UJ
    Retired League Clan and Players recruiting experienced attackers to play in a relaxed and fun environment.
    ​Our Discord link https://discord.gg/pwz4W2h