Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Spying in new CWL system

We are a causal clan, older adults, jobs, kids, and busy lives. We find a war base that works we keep it until it stops working. First war the enemy clan has "anyone can join" so any of our enemies from war 2 onward can go to our enemy clan from war 1 and see our war bases.

And if were required to spend more time on an aspect of the game most dont enjoy (build new war bases for every war". To get fair wars many would get fustrated and quit playing.

Thanks OP, Excellent idea!! The clan that's in 7th place right now is set to "Anyone can join". Our last two wars are against the 2nd & 3rd place clans (we're in 1st, toot toot), which have already battled this 7th place clan. I'm going to jump over there to watch some replays!!

Quote Originally Posted by AFRO View Post
    I put the kibosh on accepting any applicants that my team dosen't personally know. been rejecting left and right.. its a week. if they want in they will re-apply.

one hopped in and left after the first war while I was sleeping. it was one of those hop in, get briefed on the 'how to' in our clan..hop out. it smelled of Spy; so I Kibosh.

our normal wars I don't care, all they will see is some easy to best base layouts and empty CCs. lol: plus the sea of red in out log anyhow..

But this CLW is a splash back in to the competitive realm. cant be giving out any edges, we need all the help we can get!
    We closed our clan at the start but we have no control over what the other clans who we are match against do.

I agree with 2222 shouldn't be able to see other clans in clan war league. Not letting anyone, whos not in the roster, see replays would work to. Since we put everyone in the roster whos active, so most of our perment members would be able to watch and cheer us on.
    Last edited by Stormy90; October 30th, 2018 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Williams22803 View Post
    Let them spy. Your assuming the clans you are facing have good enough attackers to pull of a good attack. From what Iím seeing 90% of clash players struggle for 2 stars and the clans that are that good wonít waste time spying.
    We all learned from Friendly Challenges, that practicng for three stars is NOT as time consuming as we thought.
    And, yes, I agree, it will become a problem more and more and espescially in the high leagues, you can be 100% sure of that.

A quick solution:
    Have enough players to cycle through, with three bases each you can make sure of a different player/base every war.
    Downside:
    Your best base can only be used once every CWL, your best players canít be in every war.

Another quick solution:
    Change your trap positioning from war to war.
    Downside:
    The sensible placements are limited and you might run out of places to put them in.

Last quick solution:
    Change your saved bases regularly.
    Downside:
    Time consuming, you canít use your best base every war.

General solution:
    Replays only visible to folks on the roster, anyone else and visitors can see season standings and in-clan standings only, nothing more.
    Downside:
    None (other than it wonĎt be here any time soon, if ever)

Have Fun
    TS
    Last edited by TullSadum; October 30th, 2018 at 03:08 PM.

high end TH12, lvl 211 60/60/30
    2014 Review-Video , Free download, printable stats booklet

Quote Originally Posted by OnyxDS View Post
    The other suggestion that's often made is that members with the "new" tag should be unable to scout warbases or view replays. If a clan wants a new joiner to actually see the full map they would have to promote to elder and demote again.

That would pretty much kill spying, and would still let you see the rest of the info about your opponents.
    Yes, I always like that suggestion. It would help the spying issue a lot. It wouldn’t help the cooperation between known clans issue that will happen here in CWL since clan names are visible, but would end the spying.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Main clouds thread here. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My suggested legends changes found here. Although now I expect we will just wait for project blue skies. Fingers crossed.

Try to close entry and say everyone not to invite.

Forum Legend
    If someone has that much time on their hands, god bless them.
    If anyone is worried about it close your clan.
    Of course closing your clan doesn't help if they go to one of the other clans you've already warred and check out your base.
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

Millennial Club
    After a CWL war was done, I had a guy from one of the clans we faced wanting to join us. Seems innocent, but I'm sure the purpose was to get a look at the war bases form ALL the clans we have warred with to see exactly that. It was of no consequence to us as we had already warred then and won. This is a HUGE issue. And no, its not about who you let in, it's about who the other 7 clans let in to spy. You have no control over that.
    Leader of Fortress X
    https://www.clashofstats.com/clans/fortress-x-2QJ99CGP/members

"The value of a datum or a field of data is modified by the viewpoint of the observer."

Forum Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by iBork View Post
    After a CWL war was done, I had a guy from one of the clans we faced wanting to join us. Seems innocent, but I'm sure the purpose was to get a look at the war bases form ALL the clans we have warred with to see exactly that. It was of no consequence to us as we had already warred then and won. This is a HUGE issue. And no, its not about who you let in, it's about who the other 7 clans let in to spy. You have no control over that.
    I agree. For all those saying “just close your clan” you are completely missing the issue. It’s the other 7 clans you need to worry about. Members of those clans might have no idea that they are letting in players for nefarious motives or they might realize it immediately and help them out to ensure a tough time for your clan. Either way, if SC intends CWL to be truly competitive, especially at top leagues, they need to address this issue.

Spying is not an issue rather it's an "infamous" strategy in War/Strategy games to gain an advantage over the opponents.

One doesn't have to like it but I, personally, respect it for it requires "Wolf in a sheep clothing" like clan players and a fool target/clan to make it worthwhile.

Like stated by others don't let unknown players in during clan war and hope the other clans in your group are equally, if not more, smarter to do the same & don't let in unknown players in during Clan War League.
    Last edited by Sammydict; October 30th, 2018 at 05:27 PM.
    Looking 4 a Serious, Adult, Competitive clan? VM/PM me to Apply or Click at USAR

To read how a romantic night turned horrific click on the Doorbell
    SigPic Courtesy: DragonX101