Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Spying in new CWL system

Millennial Club RhaegarTargaryen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Warios View Post
    No, he is talking about opposing players going to the clans you have faced, 7 days of replays are stored in the logs, and they can watch your base defend, where traps are placed ect. like a scout hit in a normal war.
    O well my mistake then. Either way it's only works so far. Spying on other clans during the last war wouldn't help very much as they already would have been matched against most. Besides, it still falls on the clans to not allow someone to spy.
    Last edited by RhaegarTargaryen; October 30th, 2018 at 03:27 AM.

This is a nonissue. Do a better job during recruiting and interviewing and you'll have nothing to worry about.

Merely check a players an history and if you see a clan from your league then you deny them. If you see a person that joins a ton of clans for a very low average number of days deny them.

Most clans, especially at higher tiers where people would even care about this, are just randomly letting anyone in their clan.

So even if they, by some miracle, do happen to get into one of your opponents clan they're not getting into multiple.
    Last edited by BloodyIrishman; October 30th, 2018 at 03:44 AM.

Level 17
    - 15,600/17,800 | Master II
    BloodyIrishman - TH12 [Level 201] - #2 in TH12 Hall of Fame
    Follow this link if you're interested in joining!

Or just close the clan... the clan I'm in, had opted to close til the CWL is over.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodyIrishman View Post
    This is a nonissue. Do a better job during recruiting and interviewing and you'll have nothing to worry about.

Merely check a players an history and if you see a clan from your league then you deny them. If you see a person that joins a ton of clans for a very low average number of days deny them.

Most clans, especially at higher tiers where people would even care about this, are just randomly letting anyone in their clan.

So even if they, by some miracle, do happen to get into one of your opponents clan they're not getting into multiple.
    this ^
    OP, there are reasons why clashofstats exist
    this is one of them

Quote Originally Posted by BloodyIrishman View Post

Quote Originally Posted by DEAN0 View Post
    Or just close the clan... the clan I'm in, had opted to close til the CWL is over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreyfish View Post
    this ^
    OP, there are reasons why clashofstats exist
    this is one of them
    Did any one of you actually read the OP? He is talking about the opposition joining a clans past opponent, all the searching, screening, closing of your own clan, can do nothing in this situation.
    Level: 250 | TH12 | GG 2B
    Highest Trophy Count:5225 | Donations: 1.1 million | Hero Levels: 150
    Leader of Rogue Elite
    #8200L0UJ
    Retired League Clan and Players recruiting experienced attackers to play in a relaxed and fun environment.
    ​Our Discord link https://discord.gg/pwz4W2h

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUnusualGuy View Post
    Right, but the way that you've said it is a fix for just ONE clan. Don't you think that all 8 clans should be protected from this issue?
    No.

Why should anybody be protected from it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    No.

It is the mechcanis of the CWL that allows the opposition to "spy" on your war bases, and you have no control over it.

I clicked your stats link, and looked at your clan, its war log is private, just wondering what is the purpose to have your log private other then to prevent clans the possibility of looking at your past 2 opponents, and having the chance to see your war bases in action.

The CWL and the way it is designed, does not allow this privacy.

Some might say that you have the option to do it as well, but for many this does not fit with the clans goals of keeping an even playing field.

Do I think there should be some mechanism to prevent this, like members with new tag can't see the map? Sure, but do I think it will be implemented, I doubt it. But there is an issue here, how big of one, I'm not sure.
    Level: 250 | TH12 | GG 2B
    Highest Trophy Count:5225 | Donations: 1.1 million | Hero Levels: 150
    Leader of Rogue Elite
    #8200L0UJ
    Retired League Clan and Players recruiting experienced attackers to play in a relaxed and fun environment.
    ​Our Discord link https://discord.gg/pwz4W2h

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    No.

Well, it might be rather a waste of my time designing a decent warbase if opponents 2-8 can view it by joining our first opponent, copy it, and practice until they can 3* it every time.

PS - and in our league our first opponent is currently anyone-can-join. So my warbase is on display entirely publicly for our opponents to practice on.
    Last edited by OnyxDS; October 30th, 2018 at 02:10 PM.
    For info on CWL see: CWL survival guide and data posts: 1 (stars), 2 (3* rates), 3 (rosters), 4 (start times and other)
    --------------------
    Forum cup organiser. The forum cup discord server is: https://discord.gg/KEUxV2e

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by OnyxDS View Post
    Well, it might be rather a waste of my time designing a decent warbase if opponents 2-8 can view it by joining our first opponent, copy it, and practice until they can 3* it every time.
    Exactly, I think the replays and layouts should be limited to only those who are in roster. And maybe only live attacks should be accessible for every one like now.

I might be missing something here but I am only able to see our current war. I canít look back at the previous was in CWL