Thread: Folks on the hill

Folks on the hill

Well, for once I think I might have come up with a good idea, so I hope you are listening supercell!

Our nh has been in a state of flux, as you might say, for various reasons, so we decided to more or less start again. Part of the plan was to recruit new farmers and to help them grow.

The thing that surprised me was how many gave up at the point where they open the dock.

Wanting a better idea of why, I decided I would start a baby farm. I had forgotten how frustrating those early levels can be. You simply have difficulty producing enough of the basics.

I know people will say that this is the point of joining a nh, to get help, but my experience is, that many people want to do it independently and do not want to be seen as constantly begging from their neighbours.

I think an easy solution would be to offer the services of the folks on the hill at a much earlier level. This way they would have a supply of the basics which would enable them to produce more goods.

What happened to my baby farm? I gave up once I had opened the dock!
    Last edited by Llylis; November 18th, 2018 at 11:55 AM.

Rose and Ernie get 10 inventory slots per 10 levels. At the level where the docks open, they would only have 10 slots. Not very useful yet.

Perhaps people give up around dock level because that's when the barn and silo space get difficult to manage, because those levels are roughly when there's a sharp increase in product and crop types.

I hadn't thought of that, but maybe they (sc) could have a start level of 20 or 30 items? Then increase as normal after level 30.

Banned
    I am interested in this idea. It is not easy to get my vote on these kinds of ideas.. but for a rarity, you have mine.

- Storm

You don't have to fill boats. You can ignore them or send them off before you fill a crate. Just the same as you can ignore visitors & truck orders.