Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: How to get our forum back

Millennial Club

How to get our forum back

Since CWL was introduced the General forum is flodded with threads based on misunderstanding and wrong information.
    I know it's not nice to punish someone for not understanding, but do we really have to read the same nonsense over and over again? And with every new thread a bunch of others, who didn't understand are joining in and increase the level of wrong information.
    We have forum rules, let's use them!

Step one:
    Put all the relevant information in a sticky to explain CWL with a copious FAQ part.
    (Rule #15 "Always read stickies before posting. Always post in the proper sub forums. Not doing so can result in your post being trashed, moved or closed.")
    The posters will be still wrong, but this time it's their fault.

Step two:
    Close every thread that violates rule #21 (Do not create deliberately provocative or insincere posts, or use click-bait titles. Trolling is always prohibited.)
    Since they had to read the sticky, we can say posting wrong information was intended.

Problem solved.

...... I guess I will end up in Forum Talk with this
    I used to be sarcastic when I was younger ...... Now it turned to solid cynicism.

Pro Member
    Its new, its fresh and these things happen all the time. It will calm down eventually. I always compare the forum to the time when we had to start putting our th inside our base. This is mild compared to that and generally it hasn't been toxic. Mods will be aware and will handle the situation accordingly

Banned
    I believe sticky note for CWL FAQ will come in handy, hope somebody compile all the answers and sticky it.

But I don't think there is any breach of forum rule for posting thread regarding CWL. It happens all the time, and it's happenning more after an update or event, just have to endure it lol.

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #4
    The War Leagues are the new thing to talk about so it's natural there are multiple discussions with often times the same questions. This happens during every major update to the game and it eventually ripples back to normal after a spell.
    AKA

Tank Puppy

Ice skating is just walking in cursive.

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    The War Leagues are the new thing to talk about so it's natural there are multiple discussions with often times the same questions. This happens during every major update to the game and it eventually ripples back to normal after a spell.
    While I do agree on this, I do think it makes sense to properly explain to the community what exactly the CWL is about.

Most of the complaints are about unfair matches, which implicates to me that many people do not understand the mechanism behind the clan war league. Some kind of F.A.Q. would help with that. Like usual many will not read the F.A.Q. but everyone that does is a win. Plus, it helps them to enjoy this new cwl feature as much as I do!
    Sign up for the one and only Forum CWL event! Both a TH 12 only clan and a mixed clan, join us and let's rock!
    >>> Click for sign up thread <<<

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LordSk View Post
    While I do agree on this, I do think it makes sense to properly explain to the community what exactly the CWL is about.

Most of the complaints are about unfair matches, which implicates to me that many people do not understand the mechanism behind the clan war league. Some kind of F.A.Q. would help with that. Like usual many will not read the F.A.Q. but everyone that does is a win. Plus, it helps them to enjoy this new cwl feature as much as I do!
    Agree but pardon my cynicism. The information is already freely available but the following scenarios predominate at the moment when discussing CWL “matching”.

1/ People don’t read
    2/ People don’t believe what they read
    3/ People believe heresay

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    Nothing wrong with talking about. But now most of the threads are like that:

OP post a wrong assumption > poster #2-5 join in and add more nonsense > (maybe) #6 try to explain (and get ignored) > 8 pages of plain nonsense based on wrong information ......

....And with every new nonsense post, the people who still have the nerves to explain getting less.
    I used to be sarcastic when I was younger ...... Now it turned to solid cynicism.

Millennial Club
    with similar system

new thread regarding cwl is exactly similar to the old days when builder base launched

Take out every post about CWL, forum would be pretty bland with the remaining content.
    Level: 246 | TH12 | GG 2B
    Highest Trophy Count:5225 | Donations: 1.1 million | Hero Levels: 150
    Leader of Rogue Elite
    #8200L0UJ
    Retired League Clan and Players recruiting experienced attackers to play in a relaxed and fun environment.
    ​Our Discord link https://discord.gg/pwz4W2h

And yes forum talk is where this is supposed to go.....