Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Opt out question

Fresh Spawn

Opt out question

I just left my neighborhood because I was accused of opting out a neighbor from the current derby. I never have opted her or anyone out. My question, would it show on chat log that someone opted her out if she didn’t do it herself? I’ve seen things in red show on chat log when leader does something to affect a neighbor.
    This neighbor is shown as opted out of derby but when you click on her, the “opt out” option is still green and not shaded out.

Quote Originally Posted by Whodedo View Post
    I just left my neighborhood because I was accused of opting out a neighbor from the current derby. I never have opted her or anyone out. My question, would it show on chat log that someone opted her out if she didn’t do it herself? I’ve seen things in red show on chat log when leader does something to affect a neighbor.
    This neighbor is shown as opted out of derby but when you click on her, the “opt out” option is still green and not shaded out.

If you opt out someone from the derby, it is supposed to say “you have been opted out by_______” or something to that effect and not visible to the hood, only to the person who has been opted out
    Last edited by WussyPuss; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:04 PM.
    Farm 136
    CoC TH10 BhB8 AQ 39 BK 30
    established level 14 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts
    GASPs vs Forumers Scorecard
    Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

Fresh Spawn
    Thank you for the reply. Well she should know who opted her out of it. She’s trying to figure out who did it. We had a misunderstanding Saturday and she insinuated that I did. I have never opted a neighbor out. To me, it sounds like it is either a glitch or she inadvertently opted herself out and didn’t realize it.

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #4
    The member who has been opted out will see a message on the neighbourhood notification tab - the one with the envelope. No one else will see it.

Here's an example; as Leader I opted out my baby farm a while ago, but the message still shows. It gives the name of the person who opted out the player,

Hay Day level 166 (main farm) - Achievement 132/132 reached on 11 July 2017. Now 143/144.
    Android player who doesn't use Facebook
    Magic nets cast in all 12 fishing spots on 8 December, 16 January, 7 February, 12 April, 21 May and 21 June 2017 (Hay Day's 5th birthday), when I finally got the Pearl of the Sea!
    Anchor received on 20 March 2018. Still no cannon or wheel...

Fresh Spawn
    Thank you. I wish I knew this before I left neighborhood. I really hated leaving it. I could’ve told that neighbor to check the notification to see who opted her out

Often times, things end the same way they began
    Quote Originally Posted by Whodedo View Post
    Thank you. I wish I knew this before I left neighborhood. I really hated leaving it. I could’ve told that neighbor to check the notification to see who opted her out
    If you wanted to re-join and that nh is set to accept new members, you could do a search of the hoods name and then request to join perhaps? Or, if you are able to you contact them, you could ask that they send you an invite.
    Last edited by Tahoe; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:12 AM.

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe View Post
    If you wanted to re-join and that nh is set to accept new members, you could do a search of the hoods name and then request to join perhaps? Or, if you are able to you contact them, you could ask that they send you an invite.
    Thank you Tahoe. The leader sent me an invite soon after I left. But I didn’t know how to defend myself against the insinuation that I opted the neighbor out. Now I know how to tell who opts you out. I have a new neighborhood I just joined and it appears to be a friendly one.

It's quite likely it was a glitch. We certainly get the occasional person opted in to the Derby when they don't play the Derby at all. There's no reason it couldn't happen the other way too.