Thread: Supercell ID making it impossible to purchase gems.

Fresh Spawn

Angry Supercell ID making it impossible to purchase gems.

This is an issue which I'm surprised I haven't seen other threads on, seeing as it immediately became a problem for me after I registered with SC ID.

I had never had problems making in-app purchases on Clash of Clans before I used SC ID, I was connected to my google play account directly through the app. After switching to SC ID, I noticed the Google Play connection button had disappeared. I soon after realized that I could no longer make any sort of in-app purchase. I now get the message "Purchases unavailable! Make sure that you are using a valid Google account and that your primary payment method is up to date". I suspect that seeing as I cannot connect directly to Google Play through CoC like I could previously, it does not recognize my google play account at all, and I see no way to link it again. I don't know how many other players are experiencing this issue, but I figure it's likely one that Supercell should be fixing as fast as they can.

And before someone links me another Android troubleshooting guide, yes I have ensured that my primary payment method is up to date, yes I have tried updating Play Store, yes I have tried re-downloading the game, yes I have made sure I have valid purchasing options on my account, and yes I am signed into a valid google play account.

Are you using the original CoC application from Google Play or are you using another version? Say a Cloned version...

P. S. You're not seeing a lot of people mentioning this because the rest of us using SID aren't having a problem with our store.
    Last edited by BloodyIrishman; 3 Days Ago at 03:18 AM.

Level 16 - 7,690/17,100 | Master III
    BloodyIrishman - TH12 [Level 188] - #2 in TH12 Hall of Fame
    Follow this link if you're interested in joining!

Quote Originally Posted by RawMercy View Post
    This is an issue which I'm surprised I haven't seen other threads on, seeing as it immediately became a problem for me after I registered with SC ID.

I had never had problems making in-app purchases on Clash of Clans before I used SC ID, I was connected to my google play account directly through the app. After switching to SC ID, I noticed the Google Play connection button had disappeared. I soon after realized that I could no longer make any sort of in-app purchase. I now get the message "Purchases unavailable! Make sure that you are using a valid Google account and that your primary payment method is up to date". I suspect that seeing as I cannot connect directly to Google Play through CoC like I could previously, it does not recognize my google play account at all, and I see no way to link it again. I don't know how many other players are experiencing this issue, but I figure it's likely one that Supercell should be fixing as fast as they can.

And before someone links me another Android troubleshooting guide, yes I have ensured that my primary payment method is up to date, yes I have tried updating Play Store, yes I have tried re-downloading the game, yes I have made sure I have valid purchasing options on my account, and yes I am signed into a valid google play account.
    Hey i have not experienced any problems .
    I know google play option disappears ahen we connect to supercell id but Purchase unavailable it happen only when u use cloned app i mean my experience says this.

Anyways try contacting SC from original game

Purchases have been acting up over the last few days for me.

I don't have SCID and I don't think that's your problem.

Make sure you have the latest version of Google apps. That could be it.

There was a day when I couldn't make a purchase but it cleared up. Again, last night, it wouldn't allow me to purchase but I think there had just been an auto update to Google. I restarted my device and it allowed me to purchase then.

Signature Banner from ClashofHolmes
    Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Player Tag: ​#20RRP9UQ8

So first, it is possible to be connected to both google play & scid at the same time:

And I have had the exact problem the OP is describing. It is only an issue on one of my tablets and I have yet to figure it out even with input from support. I used a different device and logged into the account I wanted to make a purchase on and that worked. If you find the cause OP, let me know!

in clash of clans the gplay button disappear after you connect your village with scid. you can set automated connection in the app "play games". this will allow the app to get connected by itself to the apps.
    maybe this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by wotanwaton View Post
    in clash of clans the gplay button disappear after you connect your village with scid. you can set automated connection in the app "play games". this will allow the app to get connected by itself to the apps.
    maybe this helps.
    I can connect to both scid & google play in Hayday and Boom Beach, but you're right, it doesn't seem to be an option in CoC. Wonder why...
    Last edited by Tahoe; 3 Days Ago at 09:54 AM.