Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Warning L Bot and S bot on my farm

This bot business has reached almost endemic proportion, asking for help ? Got the same answer twice, SG is looking at the problem was the reply. Well looking wonít help us, we need action.Or many fellow farmers loose heart and just wonít play anymore, that would really hurt SG pocket.
    Kanga Downs WA

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post
    LOL, thank you Llaaadyel for the question. I wrote a FAQ last year and made various updates to it without giving the definition of a bot. I've added the following to the P Bot FAQ. Please provide suggestions if you think it needs more clarification. Thank you.

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post11230343

What is a bot?

The term "bot" comes from robot. A bot is an automated application used to perform simple and repetitive tasks that would be time-consuming, mundane, or impossible for a human to perform.

Why can't we use bots to save time by wheating nonstop to get expansion items while we're offlin
    Per the TOS, Supercell allows us a limited license to play the game. One of the limitations is agreeing not to "...use or take part (directly or indirectly) in the use of cheats, exploits, automation software, bots, hacks, mods or any unauthorized third-party software designed to modify or interfere with the Service, any Supercell game or any Supercell game experience."

https://supercell.com/en/terms-of-service/

Thank you you for this. It was very informative.
    I think it should be a permanent post on the top of this board. Iím sure there are people who are confused by bots and maybe afraid to ask..
    Farm tag: #8CCYGC8R Level 85 very active player
    NH Toronto maple laughs 2P9L8V9J

How to get rid of this L bot? I am robbed.. I can not take it anymore! I cannot trade! any idea? :'(

kik: sanjshaib
    fb: https://www.facebook.com/sanjana.shaibal
    Last edited by Ajax; November 20th, 2018 at 12:52 PM.
    Kik: sanjshaib
    I had L-bots,after update still now i got no problems while trading.. but to stay alert I post 5 tools per boxes and post any two types of bems at the same time. I keep full price..All the things I do only to stay away from L-bots... It doesn't mean I got L-bot again, but I just want to stay alert..After reading all these, if you want to trade, plz kik me!!

It is just annoying, all messages related to the "L" bot are ignored at Supercell support team.

Lots of bugs and glitches Supercell can fix, only the "L" bot seems not to be fixable.

There is nothing we can do as players to prevent the "L" bot visiting our shops. It is up to Supercell to free us from this bot!

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjanas View Post
    How to get rid of this L bot? I am robbed.. I can not take it anymore! I cannot trade! any idea? :'(

kik: sanjshaib
    fb: https://www.facebook.com/sanjana.shaibal
    The only thing you can actively do to avoid or rid yourself from any bot is limit your activity in your RSS for a time and see if it goes away.

Quote Originally Posted by venusioso View Post
    It is just annoying, all messages related to the "L" bot are ignored at Supercell support team.

Lots of bugs and glitches Supercell can fix, only the "L" bot seems not to be fixable.

There is nothing we can do as players to prevent the "L" bot visiting our shops. It is up to Supercell to free us from this bot!
    Please do not say that SC is ignoring this problem. That is simply not true. They do not, nor should they, tell you or anyone on the forum what they are doing to try to keep these bots from spreading.
    Last edited by Ajax; November 20th, 2018 at 12:53 PM.
    Level 153 (27 Jan 2019)
    Achievement 143/144
    Be kind. 🤗

Well, whatever they are doing, it is not working, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Momscar View Post
    The only thing you can actively do to avoid or rid yourself from any bot is limit your activity in your RSS for a time and see if it goes away.

Please do not say that SC is ignoring this problem. That is simply not true. They do not, nor should they, tell you or anyone on the forum what they are doing to try to keep these bots from spreading.
    Looking at what Nick posted in this thread nothing will be fixed soon related to the "L" bot. It is already in game several years and not fixed yet. Guess it will be in game another couple of years.

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post11957786

These threads always have me worried... what can and what cannot I not speak about. From someone who has a small knowledge of coding and how these essentially work, it is not an easy fix. It would require a significant change to the coding of the game and a level of encryption (dynamic farm ID's) to stop. For a mobile game, it's a significant amount of work. Unfortunately, it severely affects the day-to-day play by those who get tagged by them.

The easiest way to deter this, is to allow EM's to be transferred via the NH request - which is essentially a virtual protected pipeline. But, that doesn't seem to fit within the scope of that feature which I assume is because the devs worry that if that was allowed, players would almost never sell the EMs to the DD which could throw off the value of the DD to the overall game.

I feel bad for those that get tagged. I have fortunately never had that issue, but I could imagine it can be extremely frustrating knowing that our NH trades EM's all the time for a low cost through the RSS. It isn't easy to get EMs - and this just adds to the frustration.

As a leader, I would also be very careful about letting new players (or players trading to outside players) into your NH as that can be another way to infect an entire NH with the issue.
    Last edited by Spartan1; November 20th, 2018 at 05:14 PM.
    Level 113 Farm
    Barn: 5550 Silo: 5000
    12/12 Sanctuary Animals
    In that... 'What is there to do next?" mode.

9.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #39
    As has been pointed out on numerous occasions, Supercell is rigorous in dealing with bots; many have been - and continue to be - removed.

However, the team is unlikely to share information about the strategies involved on a public forum.

Thread closed

Hay Day level 168 (main farm) - I have several others