Thread: Regular war and League war restrictions!!!!!

Regular war and League war restrictions!!!!!

Hello everyone. Iím writing this today because I want some change and you might also want the same. With the resent update to the game, supercell has decided to restrict users from being able to rush to a new town hall without having all of the structures built that come with that Town Hall. Now Iíve always liked the idea that someone could rush to th11 and max out a couple troops like balloons and lava hound and smash bases that weigh significantly more than them. But now supercell has made it impossible to do that unless you build all the structures which would increase war weight. This is all good but part of what made this ok in the past was the fact that anyone could do this if they wanted to. Now from what I have been told these recent updates have had ďfairnessĒ in mind. If that is true then we need to restrict users that are significantly rushed to the point they will not be allowed to war until their base is compliant. Itís frustrating to enter a war and have Th11s with the same weight as your Th9s. Thatís ridiculous to allow if you arenít going to let me rush my own base to th11. The huge margin should be restricted or open it back up to where anyone can do it. How fair is this really?

I see what you are getting at, what of those that engineered prior to the restriction. I asume that you contend that the engineered 11 could stay an Engineered 11, even possibly forever. There has been many discussions regarding use of engineered bases iŮ CWL. Many feel those bases are at a disadvantage within that scenario. Hopefully, once the negative impact is realized in CWL, those bases will rush up to snuff.

I myself believe that regular war matching is always on their watch list, they are constantly looking how to improve it. We still may see some matching algorithim changes in the future.
    Boom! Aimlessly adrift within the archapeligo
    Clash! ​Adult PuddleHop
    [#PR2P0R0C]
    And yes, that panda is indeed packing major heat! Visit my profile page
    /default photo album to see a larger image.

I believe the war match making algorithm still needs work. Engineered bases themselves arenít the issue. The issue is that the ones that have them are grand fathered in. So the only way to battle this is to restrict the things you can do with an engineered base.

Forum All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyalRenegade175 View Post
    I believe the war match making algorithm still needs work. Engineered bases themselves aren’t the issue. The issue is that the ones that have them are grand fathered in. So the only way to battle this is to restrict the things you can do with an engineered base.
    Supercell let engineering, rushing to a high town hall with little to no defense, go on for so long that to implement what you are asking for would hurt not only the game, but the income than SC makes. Penalizing a portion of players for upgrading their bases with in the rules that SC set doesn’t really make sense. As SC continues to adjust matchmaking and as CWL becomes more popular, engineered bases will cease to exist to any importance. They are already a handicap in CWL and, now, give little advantage in CW. Give it some time. Engineering was around for over 3 years in some form or another and, in a sense, always will be in the form of intelligent upgrading. I’m not going to drop my EA until I have a few troops and point defenses to help back up the weight it carries. I don’t think I should be penalized for this.

edit: I’d also add that SC can now adjust Matchmaking algorithm “on the fly” with out a server client update. Darian spoke a bit about this in the Reddit AMA.
    Last edited by Bigdome757; 4 Days Ago at 09:10 PM.

I agree with what you are saying. But it is not currently a disadvantage to have an engineered base. Iím seeing the proof every week during war. There is also a very distinct difference between being smart with your upgrades once moving to a new TH. Such as upgrading your army camps and CC as soon as possible as well as Barracks upgrades and Lab upgrades to give you an edge and full on engineering. But like I said when a th11 with lvl 50 heroes is pulling the defensive weight of a th9 then and we are still letting them participate because it would ruin the game to restrict them right? Well it needs to be changed so that I can engineer my mini account if I choose to do so. Itís ridiculous to allow this without allowing new clashers to do the same thing. Itís like saying hey these guys were here before the update and they have a max th11 offense and heroes with the number of defenses of a th9 but you canít do that because we donít allow it anymore. Itís a ♥♥♥♥ poor change to the game if you ask me. Iím going to continue to rant on the subject with hope for change but I realize that Iím fighting a losing battle.

I really enjoy playing the game and I want to see it continue to grow but from what I was told when I messaged SC, the change was made in the name of fairness and I just donít see where it is fair.

SC actually introduced the "no th upgrade until you build all available buildings" rule in the builder base first, presumably to stop no-holds-barred rushing.That's still not very effective because there is no loot penalty.But this opened up a possibility for the same feature in main base as well.
    When it was implemented in home village, there were protests that SC were forcing players who like rushing to quit their habit.
    SC did not have problems with players who rush but didn't want players to manipulate rushing for gaining advantage in war.

However if they made the rule retroactive in effect, there would be a lot of outrage from players who engineered their bases in the past. They will feel that they are punished too heavily for this. SC instead gives them a chance to stop this practice without twisting their arms by introduction of th12 and cwl.
    Basically their message is:"We will not prevent you from taking your previously engineered bases to war but if you want to be among the best then stop engineering for war."

Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    I see what you are getting at, what of those that engineered prior to the restriction. I asume that you contend that the engineered 11 could stay an Engineered 11, even possibly forever. There has been many discussions regarding use of engineered bases iŮ CWL. Many feel those bases are at a disadvantage within that scenario. Hopefully, once the negative impact is realized in CWL, those bases will rush up to snuff.

I myself believe that regular war matching is always on their watch list, they are constantly looking how to improve it. We still may see some matching algorithim changes in the future.
    Honestly if they're decent engineered at TH11 it's probably not the players main so I doubt they'd change it.

Ideally you'd run in a larger clan with a much heavier lineup for the CWL and only bring in your engineered accounts to regular wars.

That's basically what we're doing, lol.

Engineers still get to stockpile medals from war wins and some day if they ever want to drop more weight they'll have plenty of magic items and medals with which to do it.
    Last edited by BloodyIrishman; 3 Days Ago at 06:42 AM.

Level 16 - 7,690/17,100 | Master III
    BloodyIrishman - TH12 [Level 188] - #2 in TH12 Hall of Fame
    Follow this link if you're interested in joining!