Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Fixing the Friendly Challenge cooldown

Fixing the Friendly Challenge cooldown

This is just obnoxious, I think we can all agree there. When you modify a base, you want to see how your changes hold up, so you post a challenge... But wait! You have to wait 24 hours. First of all, I understand the basic thinking and reason behind this: so that (during clan wars) we cannot copy and practice on enemy bases. So the logic is sound, but the method is not, as this serves no purpose when we are not in war.
    Here's my solution:
    You can only see enemy bases during battle day, right? So you'd have to wait until battle day starts to copy the enemy bases, which is why the cool down time is 24 hours. But what if that weren't the way it worked? What if bases modified on battle day become "Locked" or so to speak until the war ends? That way we can't practice on enemy bases, and when we are not warring and during prep day, we can do whatever we want. The base would only become locked on the Battle Day of any war. (this would thereby include the whole CWL week) Any other time, you can post a base immediately after modifying it. I really hope this idea gets support, I've been sitting on this one for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by VynePa View Post
    This is just obnoxious, I think we can all agree there. When you modify a base, you want to see how your changes hold up, so you post a challenge... But wait! You have to wait 24 hours. First of all, I understand the basic thinking and reason behind this: so that (during clan wars) we cannot copy and practice on enemy bases. So the logic is sound, but the method is not, as this serves no purpose when we are not in war.
    Here's my solution:
    You can only see enemy bases during battle day, right? So you'd have to wait until battle day starts to copy the enemy bases, which is why the cool down time is 24 hours. But what if that weren't the way it worked? What if bases modified on battle day become "Locked" or so to speak until the war ends? That way we can't practice on enemy bases, and when we are not warring and during prep day, we can do whatever we want. The base would only become locked on the Battle Day of any war. (this would thereby include the whole CWL week) Any other time, you can post a base immediately after modifying it. I really hope this idea gets support, I've been sitting on this one for a while.
    So then you can just have someone not in the war build the enemy base and practice on it

So then you can just have someone not in the war build the enemy base and practice on it
    No, this would apply to everyone in the clan on battle day to prevent that. Whether you're in the war or not, the would apply to you.
    Last edited by VynePa; 3 Days Ago at 08:27 AM.

No, this would apply to everyone in the clan on battle day to prevent that. Whether you're in the war or not, the would apply to you.
    So you would have someone in a different clan build it for you.

This would be extremely easy to exploit especially in sister or alliance clan situations.

Level 16 - 7,690/17,100 | Master III
    BloodyIrishman - TH12 [Level 188] - #2 in TH12 Hall of Fame
    Follow this link if you're interested in joining!

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #5
    Here's my solution:
    This has been suggested iften. It will get little support and no chance if being implemented because it just wouldn't work. The clans who would exploit it directly would just do it indirectly by having the bases copied in a sister clan that wasn't as war.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)