Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Matchmaking Algorithms reaching new lows

We win 10 streight and then we faced a clan with 3 closed to max th12 on top, we have 3 th12 mid level bases. They had th4-5 on bottom against are th7-8. We collected 3* total on those 3 bases, they collected 7, a real beating. If the match making is changing again I will load the clan with 1/2 th3's and just use 2 attacks each from the top bases. If you have a big advantage on top there is no way to win without spending $$$$. And the clan loves fortnite.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny1857 View Post
    We win 10 streight and then we faced a clan with 3 closed to max th12 on top, we have 3 th12 mid level bases. . We collected 3* total on those 3 bases, they collected 7, .
    While the third Inferno is certainly going to spice things up a bit for TH12 v TH12 attacks, getting 3 stars total on your opponents top 3 bases is an attacking problem, not a matchmaking issue.
    My own TH11 hit up for a safe 2 star on a very near max TH12 in our last war. If your mid TH12s are struggling to 2 star these bases, then I'd suggest this is the area for your concern.
    Good luck!
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 13 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...10-s-to-TH12-s My Spec : TH11, 50-49-20.

We win 10 streight and then we faced a clan with 3 closed to max th12 on top, we have 3 th12 mid level bases. They had th4-5 on bottom against are th7-8. We collected 3* total on those 3 bases, they collected 7, a real beating. If the match making is changing again I will load the clan with 1/2 th3's and just use 2 attacks each from the top bases. If you have a big advantage on top there is no way to win without spending $$$$. And the clan loves fortnite.
    If your th12s can’t manage to get 2 star attacks on the enemy th12s, it will be tough for you to win most wars that involve th12s. Yes, I realize you would perhaps have lost this one anyway since they 3 starred one of your th12s, but I just mean in general, getting 1 star on the three top bases is going to make it hard for you to win many wars. What is your clan tag?
    Last edited by 2222; 4 Days Ago at 04:52 PM.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My legends hope: 14 hours daily search limit to reduce advantage of account sharing; black clouds screen; Legends3 5000-5499 cups, Legends2 5500-5999, Legends1 6000+ and titans/champs canít attack Legends1 or 2 players; while in clouds let us watch war, donate, do FCs, base design. Make a separate PvP trophy ladder option for all, others found here.

There are a few truly bad matchups where the enemy has a decisive advantage at the top, but they're more the exception than the rule at this point. The exact effect of 'recent war record' is still an unknown, but if your clan is winning a large percentage of wars, you're more likely to get an occasional tough match. It's an intentional function of MM, imo. Absent any details, it's impossible for anyone on the forum to assess how big of a factor the extra TH12s will be, but my guess is it may not be as hopeless as you think. (See post from clan that can't 2 star enemy TH12s above).

There's a sticky thread above for posting what you feel like are bad matches. If you want to get SCs attention, better to use that or in game reporting than starting a new thread that provides little useful information. Sorry if you're not getting the response here that you wanted, but for most of us, the MM is working as well as it ever has.

I am curious to know what the result of the war is. Seems like a lot of this 'unwinnable' matchups turn out to be victorys.
    Leader of Bellum Tigers #2CR0QQC
    Expert Goblin Butterknife Attacker

I wouldn't advise loading the roster with fluff at the bottom. It's likely to give you more sure losses than sure wins. Like Skrags said: a lot of max TH12 bases can actually be 2 starred by TH11s. You'll be asking for matchups against engineered TH11s that will hit up against your TH12s & let the other TH12s pick off your weakest TH12s.

Copy the bases that you failed to 2 star & FC on how to get a surefire 2 star. From the sounds of this match, you should have had more TH12 attempts up top than they did. It might have still come down to that 3 star on your TH12 making the difference, but 3 starring any decent TH12 is no simple feat.
    Leader of Bellum Tigers #2CR0QQC
    Expert Goblin Butterknife Attacker