Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A way to benefit using CWL MM

A way to benefit using CWL MM

Let’s say 6 months from now things will settle down and almost all clans of maxed out TH12s will be in champ1&2 tiers.

Then, let’s say a maxed out clan called “clan A” temporarily splits, creating a brand new lv1 clan (Clan B) full of maxed out th12s. When clan B goes to CWL, it will be placed in master 1. Then, it can easily win all the wars, get loads of rewards, then they can happily destroy “Clan B” and get all members back to “Clan A” till next CWL.

a way of preventing this would be either disallowing new clans to go to CWL or (in the future) allowing new clans to be placed in Champ1 if strong enough for it.

what do you think?
    Last edited by Cowslips; 1 Week Ago at 06:38 AM.
    Nothing here stays the same forever. You must learn to change as the game changes, or clash will force you one way or another.

from champs 1 to masters 1, 5 less medals a win, 2 less medals a star, 1 less bonus pack, is it really worth it?
    Level: 246 | TH12 | GG 2B
    Highest Trophy Count:5225 | Donations: 1.1 million | Hero Levels: 150
    Leader of Rogue Elite
    #8200L0UJ
    Retired League Clan and Players recruiting experienced attackers to play in a relaxed and fun environment.
    ​Our Discord link https://discord.gg/pwz4W2h

Quote Originally Posted by Warios View Post
    from champs 1 to masters 1, 5 less medals a win, 2 less medals a star, 1 less bonus pack, is it really worth it?
    I think it is. Let’s think about the 2 scenarios:
    1) you can win 3/7 wars in champ1 on average
    2) you can win 7/7 wars in master1

medals for wins:
    1) 3x30 = 90
    2) 7x25 = 175

Medals for stars:
    1) 14x12 = 168 - every attack being a 2-star
    2) 18x10 = 180 - some triples because of enemy clan having TH11 or lower

Tier bonus:
    1) 105
    2) 90

bonus medals:
    1) 4 + 3 = 7
    2) 3 + 7 = 10

total medals:
    1) 363 + bonus to 7 players
    2) 445 + bonus to 10 players

Difference may be higher or lower depending on your “luck” inside the tier, but number of wins do make a big difference
    Last edited by RagnarFurias; 1 Week Ago at 04:05 AM.
    Nothing here stays the same forever. You must learn to change as the game changes, or clash will force you one way or another.

BTW, would suggest you ask a mod to change the title, because what you are describing is not cheating in any way.
    Level: 246 | TH12 | GG 2B
    Highest Trophy Count:5225 | Donations: 1.1 million | Hero Levels: 150
    Leader of Rogue Elite
    #8200L0UJ
    Retired League Clan and Players recruiting experienced attackers to play in a relaxed and fun environment.
    ​Our Discord link https://discord.gg/pwz4W2h

Quote Originally Posted by Warios View Post
    BTW, would suggest you ask a mod to change the title, because what you are describing is not cheating in any way.
    Thats why I put it in double quotes... they would not cheat on TOS, but they would be actually taking advantage of the system for getting more medals in the expense of those clans which really “belong” to master1. For me, title is ok. If a mod thinks differently, they are more than welcome to change the title, of course...

Aim here is foreseeing a situation which may hurt the game
    Last edited by RagnarFurias; 1 Week Ago at 04:33 AM.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RagnarFurias View Post
    Thats why I put it in double quotes... they would not cheat on TOS, but they would be actually taking advantage of the system for getting more medals in the expense of those clans which really “belong” to master1. For me, title is ok. If a mod thinks differently, they are more than welcome to change the title, of course...

Aim here is foreseeing a situation which may hurt the game

So what is the big deal here? They get a couple more perks, big deal. If they use those perks to develop, sooner or later they stop being inM1 and get seeded to C1.Using the perks gets u higher where the rewards get tougher to achieve. Balance comes to all, some may avoid it for a short time but they will get there eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    So what is the big deal here? They get a couple more perks, big deal. If they use those perks to develop, sooner or later they stop being inM1 and get seeded to C1.Using the perks gets u higher where the rewards get tougher to achieve. Balance comes to all, some may avoid it for a short time but they will get there eventually.
    They won’t actually get promoted since they can re-create the clan every CWL for easy matches. If wouldn’t be a big deal if that wasn’t in the expense of clans that really belong to master 1

Centennial Club
    Let’s say 6 months from now things will settle down and almost all clans of maxed out TH12s will be in champ1&2 tiers.

Then, let’s say a maxed out clan called “clan A” temporarily splits, creating a brand new lv1 clan (Clan B) full of maxed out th12s. When clan B goes to CWL, it will be placed in master 1. Then, it can easily win all the wars, get loads of rewards, then they can happily destroy “Clan B” and get all members back to “Clan A” till next CWL.

a way of preventing this would be either disallowing new clans to go to CWL or (in the future) allowing new clans to be placed in Champ1 if strong enough for it.

what do you think?
    A few points,
    1) If they are maxed out, why do they need rewards?
    2) Are you sure a FULL TH12 MAXED lineup will always be seeded in M1? I was under the impression champs locked for initial seeding was only a 1 time thing for the first cwl.
    3) What makes you think M1 will be easy wins with th11 lineups in the future? What makes you think it won't be filled with full th12 clans albeit not maxed?

Quote Originally Posted by Plyc View Post
    A few points,
    1) If they are maxed out, why do they need rewards?
    2) Are you sure a FULL TH12 MAXED lineup will always be seeded in M1? I was under the impression champs locked for initial seeding was only a 1 time thing for the first cwl.
    3) What makes you think M1 will be easy wins with th11 lineups in the future? What makes you think it won't be filled with full th12 clans albeit not maxed?
    1) I agree with you about war loot, but medals are basically like gems. You can save up to 2500 to spend after next update drops
    2) what I heard in Update Video by Darian is that no clan would get a free ticket to champs, so they were leaving first 3 tiers empty. I don’t believe they would change that for future CWLs
    3) 6 months from now. Strongest clans will have already been promoted to champ 1, 2 and 3. Yes, a clan of TH12s very bad at attacking may stay there, but it will easily taken by a skilled clan which manage to stay in champ2 and champ1, so I believe a clan from champ1&2 will easily win 7 wars if put in master 1

Millennial Club
    I think it is. Let’s think about the 2 scenarios:
    1) you can win 3/7 wars in champ1 on average
    2) you can win 7/7 wars in master1

medals for wins:
    1) 3x30 = 90
    2) 7x25 = 175

Medals for stars:
    1) 14x12 = 168 - every attack being a 2-star
    2) 18x10 = 180 - some triples because of enemy clan having TH11 or lower

Tier bonus:
    1) 105
    2) 90

bonus medals:
    1) 4 + 3 = 7
    2) 3 + 7 = 10

total medals:
    1) 363 + bonus to 7 players
    2) 445 + bonus to 10 players

Difference may be higher or lower depending on your “luck” inside the tier, but number of wins do make a big difference
    Yup, your math works out.

This seems like a valid strategy. It works with other base sizes too, not just TH12. If you spin with all TH9s you'll likely have an advantage against many of the clans in your division.

In other threads people have been talking about doing this with engineered accounts but the accounts don't have to be engineered.

A similar strategy is to figure out at whatever point your clan wins all 7 wars, and then use 2 clans to hover at that point forever. As soon as you lose a war, go to your other (lower) clan and do CWL there, and use TH3s or whatever to lower the tier of the first clan by a notch. Or just leave it there for a couple months and then try again later when it's easier.

Example: the two clans I control are in masters 3 and gold 3. We won all 7 in crystal 1. If we lose, say, 4, but stay in m3, then that is a sign that we might not want to stay in m3. So we leave the m3 clan idle for a few seasons, go to the gold 3 clan (which will probably be gold 2 in season 3), and roflstomp our way back up to crystal 1 and masters 3. That'll take 5-6 months, and then we have two clans in m3. So then do an m3 war, and if we win 7 and get promoted, go to the other clan the next season and do another m3 war. Then do a pair of m2 wars, then a pair of m1 wars, and when we reach that point where we lose a bunch again, use scrub accounts to war in one of the clans and drop it a tier. Now we have two clans in adjacent tiers, where the lower one is a tier we've won 7 wars in. Send the accounts we care about there, and use the scrub accounts in the high clan to drop back one tier. Next season repeat: send the good accounts to the low clan, the scrub accounts to the high clan, and the low clan goes up one and the high clan goes down one.

Now in reality I don't expect it to be quite this clear cut. We're unlikely to go from 7 wins to 4 wins. I don't know what we'll actually do. But this seems like a good medal maximizing strategy.