Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: A way to benefit using CWL MM

  1. #11
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Druidia
    Posts
    702
    i struggle to believe that they would not adjust the tier matching as time goes on. that would solve this problem.

  2. #12
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,084
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    i struggle to believe that they would not adjust the tier matching as time goes on. that would solve this problem.
    The initial placement problem, or the randomly-assigned-to-clans-in-your-tier problem?

    If the latter, then yeah, that would basically kill almost all the medal farming strategies I have seen. I think the only surviving medal farming strategy is to win 5 and use FWA bases against the 2 clans that you think might win your division.

  3. #13
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Druidia
    Posts
    702
    The initial placement problem. I kind of assumed they would adjust the initial placement based on some sort of tier average or median. For instance, if there are no all maxed TH12 clans in M1, then you wouldn't add a new all maxed TH12 clan there even if it went there in the first "seeding". It just wouldn't make sense...although I can't say they always do what makes sense.
    Ancient Hunters War Clan Recruiting - TH8+
    TH10 - doug 30/38 heroes
    TMBG Low Level War Clan Recruiting - Wars with TH3-9
    TH10 - Doctor Worm 18/29 heroes

  4. #14
    SC may adjust the initial placement figures once the tiers expand up into champs to prevent this exact scenario from happening, but that is easily overcome by just starting it lower with some lower halls before moving the th12s into the clan the second season. The structure of the rewards will encourage some clans to farm. If the structure was set up such that losing in the top tiers was more rewarding than winning in the low tiers, this would not be the case. Of course, if that was how it was set up then lower hall players would complain that the rewards in the lower tiers aren’t good enough.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My legends hope: 14 hours daily search limit to reduce advantage of account sharing; black clouds screen; Legends3 5000-5499 cups, Legends2 5500-5999, Legends1 6000+ and titans/champs can’t attack Legends1 or 2 players; while in clouds let us watch war, donate, do FCs, base design. Make a separate PvP trophy ladder option for all, others found here.

  5. #15
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Druidia
    Posts
    702
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    SC may adjust the initial placement figures once the tiers expand up into champs to prevent this exact scenario from happening, but that is easily overcome by just starting it lower with some lower halls before moving the th12s into the clan the second season. The structure of the rewards will encourage some clans to farm. If the structure was set up such that losing in the top tiers was more rewarding than winning in the low tiers, this would not be the case. Of course, if that was how it was set up then lower hall players would complain that the rewards in the lower tiers aren’t good enough.
    To fix that complaint SC could adjust the rewards based on the strength of the clan vs. strength of the tier, kind of like the loot penalty. If there's a clan with top 15 averaging say TH11 in silver 2 where the average is TH8, then you penalize their medals. However, one problem with this would be clans that bring 15 TH11, but only start THs that average around 8.
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; 5 Days Ago at 04:23 PM.
    Ancient Hunters War Clan Recruiting - TH8+
    TH10 - doug 30/38 heroes
    TMBG Low Level War Clan Recruiting - Wars with TH3-9
    TH10 - Doctor Worm 18/29 heroes

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    To fix that complaint SC could adjust the rewards based on the strength of the clan vs. strength of the tier, kind of like the loot penalty. If there's a clan with top 15 averaging say TH11 in silver 2 where the average is TH8, then you penalize their medals. However, one problem with this would be clans that bring 15 TH11, but only start THs that average around 8.
    I had hoped SC would structure the rewards in a way that would make clans want to push as high as possible, including good rewards for the players in the clan that don’t make the top 15 so they also want the clan to push as high as possible.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My legends hope: 14 hours daily search limit to reduce advantage of account sharing; black clouds screen; Legends3 5000-5499 cups, Legends2 5500-5999, Legends1 6000+ and titans/champs can’t attack Legends1 or 2 players; while in clouds let us watch war, donate, do FCs, base design. Make a separate PvP trophy ladder option for all, others found here.

  7. #17
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    NE England, UK.
    Posts
    1,478
    Pretty much any system can be "engineered", if people are looking for the loop holes.
    Call it farming, optimising, whatever. It is engineering the system, and will affect any that are drawn against them, same as in regular war.
    But it will simply become part of the game. Engineering, whether by use of manipulated accounts or by tier adjustment/ new clan creation, is looking like it could become prolific, once the fire starts spreading, much as what happened with lop sided a couple of years or so ago.
    Shame really. SC put out a new system to allow people of any skill level to compete. Once again it is becoming apparent that it will be ruined by peoples desire to gain a prep day advantage before they are willing to compete. not that there will be much competition.
    It really makes a mockery of those that want some way of measuring clan performance in cwl.

  8. #18
    Forum Veteran RagnarFurias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    1,927
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    I had hoped SC would structure the rewards in a way that would make clans want to push as high as possible, including good rewards for the players in the clan that don’t make the top 15 so they also want the clan to push as high as possible.
    Agreed. People need more incentive to climb. The way things are, I really wouldn’t like my clan to climb from M2 to M1. Finishing on 3rd would be the best scenario. This is wrong.
    Nothing here stays the same forever. You must learn to change as the game changes, or clash will force you one way or another.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •