Thread: Sanctuary Animals?

Trainee

Sanctuary Animals?

Is there a way to restrict animals in the sanctuary? Was going to try fencing off an area for each group and only the giraffe stay in the part I fenced in. Did the same for elephants and hippos but they still wander around.
    Last edited by Rkirk54; 6 Days Ago at 09:44 PM.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkirk54 View Post
    Is there a way to restrict animals in the sanctuary? Was going to try fencing off an area for each group and only the giraffe stay in the part I fenced in. Did the same for elephants and hippos but they still wander around.
    No there isnít a way to restrict animals from walking around your sanctuary.

I'm guessing not then. They are meant to be free roaming, as per the info in the sanctuary book.

Trainee
    Quote Originally Posted by IceyStormAngel View Post
    No there isn’t a way to restrict animals from walking around your sanctuary.
    Interesting. Wonder why the giraffes stay in the fenced area?

Pro Member
    Interesting. Wonder why the giraffes stay in the fenced area?
    Well thatís for your distinction.. your choosing of the reason why. Not mine, I just stated my own answer to the OPís question.

If you put fences around pretty close to the animal house, they will be walk through the fence because they're programmed like that. Donkeys, horses, bunnies, kittens and puppies can be kept in fences if you put fences not too close to their house. However you can't put cats and dogs in the fences because they're programmed to wander far away from their houses.

I think it's the same for sanctuary animals. Maybe you put fences too close to their houses or maybe giraffes don't like walking far.

Trainee
    Quote Originally Posted by MaysCropsCartel View Post
    If you put fences around pretty close to the animal house, they will be walk through the fence because they're programmed like that. Donkeys, horses, bunnies, kittens and puppies can be kept in fences if you put fences not too close to their house. However you can't put cats and dogs in the fences because they're programmed to wander far away from their houses.

I think it's the same for sanctuary animals. Maybe you put fences too close to their houses or maybe giraffes don't like walking far.
    Thanks! Makes sense. But you would think that with their longer legs they would like to stretch them out a bit.

Will expand the area around the other houses to see if that works.

Thanks! Makes sense. But you would think that with their longer legs they would like to stretch them out a bit.

Will expand the area around the other houses to see if that works.
    If you want to put fences, make sure its a closed fences, because if the fences have hole/gap, they will pass through those gaps. I think its kinda hard to put sanctuary animals in fences since the area is not very large.

Or you can make a maze inside your sanctuary. I did that for my pets 2 years ago, they still know the way to wander around and go home. I made the maze with two entrance so my cats and dogs don't walk through the hedges (tried a closed maze and they still escaped so I gave up), and made sure I leave space in front of pets houses so they could eat and sleep there.

If you put fences or any obstacles like decorations/trees right on where they sleep, they will be walking through everything including machines, trees, animal pens.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MaysCropsCartel; 5 Days Ago at 03:16 AM.