Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Creating secondary clan for CWL

Forum Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by dmoore1998 View Post
    The most obvious argument is that resources are not infinite, and time spent developing this is time taken away from developing other things. The secondary argument would be that it is counterproductive to the entire purpose of this feature (which isn't to say you can't dislike the feature, it just seems to go against the purpose). What you're asking for is essentially the traditional Clan Wars. There seems to be little purpose in taking a new feature and simply making it more similar to an existing feature that you can already do these same things in.

There's no real reason to take CWL and make it more like Clan Wars just because people like the features of Clan Wars. Likewise there's no reason to take Clan Wars and make it more like CWL just because some people prefer CWL. Each group has something distinct that they can enjoy if they like...no reason to mash them together so that we have 2 features that are super similar.
    1 agree that their are tradeoffs, however this is a major feature, and the majority of clans Im in contact with have this issue and dont like it, so I think it clearly survives a trade of analysis, hopefully in the builders base.
    2 no Im not at all asking for tradiatiomal wars, allowing us to enter 2 teams, or to have an option to do 30v wars, doesnt change the underlying mechanics in any significant way.

Im not asking to make it more like normal wars, Im asking to allow everyone to participate in CWL without splitting the clan in 2 or 3.

your entire argument is based on a totally fallacious premis that allow more to participate in CWL, some how thhat means you want normal wars, when that in no way is the case.
    Clan - Highland chiefs, Highlandchiefs2, highlandrebels, CWSF xp grabbibg
    Accounts - 5 th12, 11 th11s. Fixing matchmaker :https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-and-onyzng%21 : how to migrate to supercell ID :https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...cell-ID-Thread

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by dmoore1998 View Post
    I don't see a need for specified rosters, that flies in the face of the goal.
    The goal of supercell and the goal of people wanting even matchups are different.

Even with 50 all can still participate, its 7 days of war and leadership has the ability to swap a different 15 players in each of the 7 days.

Its a chance of the clan from there to be inclusive and allow everyone to participate or to just run the top people.

Surely you wouldn't lose the whole thing if you decided to swap 1or2 th9/10 in every few days to give them a chance.

The very first cwl the person that earned the most stars in our clan was the th7.

Quote Originally Posted by DJluv2013 View Post
    Even with 50 all can still participate, its 7 days of war and leadership has the ability to swap a different 15 players in each of the 7 days.
    To me, the unstated gripe is that you earn medals for individual stars and someone who is in the league lineup all 7 days is eligible for a lot more medals that someone who was brought along on the bench.

There needs to be an extra prize for actually *winning* the league and it needs to be decent enough that players who don't get beaucoup medals for getting beaucoup stars by being in the roster beaucoup days at least don't get disgruntled at not being able to play.

Quote Originally Posted by CocEncyclopedia View Post
    15/15 is a bit ridiculous for a new feature on a 6 yr old game.

if it was a free and perfect world supercell would make the number higher as there is many established clans after 6yrs of the game.

but since it's not free and it's a business. Supercell needs to let the new players and clans participate so they stay playing the game,
    if new players don't stay the game ends. Therefor the low 15/15.

i don't think supercell realised the drama that would cause in established clans now having to split and ruin clans that have been together for yrs. but only time will tell if 30/30 or other option will happen

Thats just my common sense speaking. I could be completely wrong, but I doubt it lol
    I would have preferred a larger number. I think there are too many small clans and it would be better if they recruited some more players or merged. 20 or 25 would’ve been perfect in my opinion, but I understand why SC went with the most popular war number. What would be really awesome would be the chance to run two CWLs within one clan. One roster for each with no cross over allowed.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My legends hope: 14 hours daily search limit to reduce advantage of account sharing; black clouds screen; Legends3 5000-5499 cups, Legends2 5500-5999, Legends1 6000+ and titans/champs canít attack Legends1 or 2 players; while in clouds let us watch war, donate, do FCs, base design. Make a separate PvP trophy ladder option for all, others found here.

I have seen a recent rash of Clans merging at the lower levels, but it also occurred to me the top clans are in for a reckoning also. If your not in the top 15 will you be looking for a new home? I see a lot of 20-25 member clans being the new thing.
    Running 2 clans is a nightmare if you have a large clan, different time zones, or even International

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by superouno View Post
    I have seen a recent rash of Clans merging at the lower levels, but it also occurred to me the top clans are in for a reckoning also. If your not in the top 15 will you be looking for a new home? I see a lot of 20-25 member clans being the new thing.
    Running 2 clans is a nightmare if you have a large clan, different time zones, or even International
    Top clans have high social cohesion due to use of out of game communication like discord. Most top clans also have extensive networks of feeder clans, and have experience creating event clans for one-off events. I have heard of top clan families splitting up clans and having their 12s war in one clan, 11s war in another, 10s war in another, 9s war in another, etc.

We are trying to solve the problem by telling our 9s and below that there will not be room in the war map for them, and offering them guaranteed participation (we don't have a large number of them) in our secondary clan, or the chance to just sit in the roster and get passive trophies for our wins in the main clan.

Millennial Club
    Most of our 9s and a lot of our 10s get a large number of troops all the time as we only donate max troops. So they have no problem heading off to another clan for CWL. They will be in the main clan 90% of the time this week anyway. Just pop over to do the attack. But SC could make this easier by increasing the number to 20 or 25 or maybe even have locked in spots per TH. A war with 20 members having a mix of 8/5/4/3 would be a whole easier to manage! Plus that would be much more SKILL BASED. Even better, change the ratio depending on the league level. The higher you go, the more TH12s there are.
    Last edited by Uskrums; 4 Hours Ago at 03:04 AM.

Well I created a secondary clan just for this back in season 1. You need to be aware though that starting a new clan comes with its own downside. Going from a level 15 clan with all its perks to a level 1 clan with no perks can be annoying. 20 minute wait time for clan castle, max 5 troops, reduced treasury size and war loot. Fortunately in my case the secondary clan is all of my accounts. I left 2 accounts in main clan meaning everyone gets a crack instead of the top 15 only. Been building the clan I made up and now it is sitting at level 3 after 6 of 7 wins in season 1, a maxed clan games and 4 wins and a draw in regular wars. Made a brand new account to sit as caretaker/leader of that clan so I can move any account in and out that I want.
    Journey begun May 2017. Into my second year now.... Account 1 Account 2