Thread: Town folk derby task

Town folk derby task

Why does it always seem like when i get this task to serve a specific person there never seems to be any around...like they rarely come to my town when i get the task but when i dont have one i have a ton of that person...this really should be fixed.

I had that same issue this week in the derby, I sat around for 2 days waiting for that specific person and couldnít find ANY or my train didnít bring him either! So of course I couldnít finish my task in time...

Centennial Club
    I have noticed this as well. I am in a tiny nh with only one other derby player so it is difficult to get specific visitors in time. I currently have this task and I was curious as to weather or not serving this visitors at someone else’s town would add to my count. It did not and I think this needs to be changed. I’m helping someone out and served that visitor same as if my hood mate had had that visitor for me to pick up. It was a single serve as a hood mate’s would be. Small hoods are handicapped enough, why make things impossible?

In our small NH if an individual townie task comes up we ask if the others to check their platforms to see if any are available or if anyone has any to put out. This way we can decide for someone to take the task or trash it.

As far as helping someone outside of your NH, the townie would not only need to be served but also finished and released. I think trying to make that work would be difficult. I see more problems with it. Such as, what if that townie isn’t released for days, or what if that player you helped also was doing some type of town task. Should both players get credit?? Nice thought, but I don’t see it happening.
    Level 150
    Achievement 143/144
    Be kind. 🤗

Quote Originally Posted by Momscar View Post
    In our small NH if an individual townie task comes up we ask if the others to check their platforms to see if any are available or if anyone has any to put out. This way we can decide for someone to take the task or trash it.

As far as helping someone outside of your NH, the townie would not only need to be served but also finished and released. I think trying to make that work would be difficult. I see more problems with it. Such as, what if that townie isn’t released for days, or what if that player you helped also was doing some type of town task. Should both players get credit?? Nice thought, but I don’t see it happening.
    Momscar, when I water a neighbor's plant, it isn't really watered until that neighbor tap on the plant and sends me a thank you card, however, it does count towards my help task immediately. So, you are saying this is not so for helping someone's town visitor? It doesn't count towards my help task until the person releases the visitor? It also would not count towards a Help Event until the helped visitor is released? Oh wow! I didn't know that!

I had a Help Task but I just watered my neighbor's plants as usual. Glad I didn't try to find town visitors to help!

Quote Originally Posted by Patty View Post
    I have noticed this as well. I am in a tiny nh with only one other derby player so it is difficult to get specific visitors in time. I currently have this task and I was curious as to weather or not serving this visitors at someone else’s town would add to my count. It did not and I think this needs to be changed. I’m helping someone out and served that visitor same as if my hood mate had had that visitor for me to pick up. It was a single serve as a hood mate’s would be. Small hoods are handicapped enough, why make things impossible?

Quote Originally Posted by Xtalline View Post
    Momscar, when I water a neighbor's plant, it isn't really watered until that neighbor tap on the plant and sends me a thank you card, however, it does count towards my help task immediately. So, you are saying this is not so for helping someone's town visitor? It doesn't count towards my help task until the person releases the visitor? It also would not count towards a Help Event until the helped visitor is released? Oh wow! I didn't know that!

I had a Help Task but I just watered my neighbor's plants as usual. Glad I didn't try to find town visitors to help!
    Xtalline, Patty was asking (if I understood correctly) why if she has a task to serve a particular town visitor and she helps that visitor in another town, it does not count toward her derby task. And then made the suggestion that maybe it should be changed to do so.

Fully served visitors not only need to have the goods given to them, but also wait out the time in the building and be released, to count for those tasks. A player gets credit for the help, but the townie whether in your town or someone else’s town, is not fully served until they are released.

If you are on a help task, I believe you get credit for it when you give the townie the goods.
    Level 150
    Achievement 143/144
    Be kind. 🤗

Xtalline, Patty was asking (if I understood correctly) why if she has a task to serve a particular town visitor and she helps that visitor in another town, it does not count toward her derby task. And then made the suggestion that maybe it should be changed to do so.

Fully served visitors not only need to have the goods given to them, but also wait out the time in the building and be released, to count for those tasks. A player gets credit for the help, but the townie whether in your town or someone else’s town, is not fully served until they are released.

If you are on a help task, I believe you get credit for it when you give the townie the goods.
    Oh! Momscar, I see now what you were responding to. Thanks for the clarification!

Centennial Club
    Momscar, thanks you the insightful reply! You understood my question correctly and your reply makes sense, I didn’t think of all involved with helping others town visitors. Especially the fact that they have to be served and wait the time period. It would be wonderful if there was a way to do this, the problems with the train and help “ !” have made the town task pretty miserable. Thank you