Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SuperCell - Failed to deliver on the Fix the Clan War Matchups.

Centennial Club

SuperCell - Failed to deliver on the Fix the Clan War Matchups.

Supercell promised a matchmaking fix, based a new way to match in wars, but has (as usual) not delivered on their promise. Sure, we have the CWL and this does match differently, but now the the CWL is over, itís back to regular wars and rubbish matches.
    Not only is there no fix, but clearly they were never working on a fix. Just the CWL which is nothing to do with regular wars.
    I think the CWL has shown one change we need in regular wars, one hit per player. This will be a big step to fixing some of the problems. And the othe fix we must have is blocking all accounts without all buildings dropped being eligible for war.
    Time to deliver Supercell...

Clan:
    ClashAustralia! | Clan ID: #P0QG0C8J | IGN: VanSim (Clan Leader)
    Clan Lvl: 11
    TH: TH10 100% Maxed | AQ: L40 | BK: 40
    League: Titans II (Highest) | Max Tropies: 4500+
    Clan Formed: 16/03/2015

I don't understand why you are so negative.

Clearly, SC does listen and often does deliver on promises.

We have been getting worse match ups lately too. But, for a long time we got very good match ups. I tend to look at who's in our wars causing the bad matches. And, I've decided it's time to move our clan in a new direction. I'm not blaming the system, I'm looking to adapt to the system.

I think two things are causing our match ups to be somewhat unfair.

We recently started taking two 12s but have no TH11s. That's an unusual war lineup. We are usually evenly matched on th12s. Usually an exact match in regular wars. However, at TH10 through 8 things are not so great.

I will be taking fewer TH8s. Moving the clan toward TH10s 9s and higher for war.

I see a trend I don't like. First TH7s became useless for war and I enjoyed TH7 but it is what it is.

Or second issue is we have not lost a war in our last 32 outings. Recent war performance is a factor. I don't think the algorithm "likes" strong war win performance. That's just my way of saying it. We are going to get stronger clans because of our long time without a loss. That narrows the pool of potential matches. Which makes it more likely we will get slightly unfair wars.

In our current war, they have five TH10s were we have two. One is engineered. One is weakish, the other two rather strong.

Our TH spread is too wide with 12s to 8s. We need to go to 12s to 9s which we will start doing.

Figure out what's wrong with your roster.

Signature Banner from ClashofHolmes
    Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Player Tag: ​#20RRP9UQ8

Centennial Club
    Hi StormHeart.
    You are correct, running 12 and no 11 is a bad idea an we don’t skip a TH at any level.
    Also the spread doesn’t help, and I ha e just started a 2nd clan for TH8 down wars due to this.

Our war log sits at about 72/73% wins, which I think is fairly decent, and lost wars are almost always due to the engineering with clans pulling out a TH12/11 with near maxed troops/Heroes sitting at the bottom.
    We run no engineered bases, no rushed bases in our clan yet matchups still seem to like finding us engineered clans.

My point for this post isn’t really to complain about the match ups, but I guess I have done so, but more that supercell said they were fixing it. Yet, this was not the case, they just added a different war type that does nothing to fix current war issues.

Thanks for the post, and yes, my post does read with negative feelings, which I don’t like the feel of either.

Clan:
    ClashAustralia! | Clan ID: #P0QG0C8J | IGN: VanSim (Clan Leader)
    Clan Lvl: 11
    TH: TH10 100% Maxed | AQ: L40 | BK: 40
    League: Titans II (Highest) | Max Tropies: 4500+
    Clan Formed: 16/03/2015

Quote Originally Posted by vansimon View Post
    Supercell promised a matchmaking fix, based a new way to match in wars, but has (as usual) not delivered on their promise.
    Looking at your clan, I see 13 wins from the last 15 wars - Congrats!

In your war of 21st October - see you have 2 TH11's to your opponents zero.
    In your war of 30th September - I see an engineered TH11 called 'Hunter' in your roster.

Regardless of the above, and without specific info on Offensive strength, I'd suggest that the majority of your recent wars have been relatively well matched (not always perfect), which supports your 13 wins from 15.

I don't see anything ridiculous in your match ups to support this 'Failed to Deliver' generalisation about War matchups.
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 13 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...10-s-to-TH12-s My Spec : TH11, 50-49-20.

Millennial Club
    When assessing matching, I feel a "one mans junk is another mans treasure" approach has to be taken.
    Most people have a different method of "seeing" what the MM spat out. It can be General appearance, Top hall, Hall colours, Engineering.. the possibilities are endless. On top of that, it is usually harder to assess your own match up, than surveying someone else's, as you have an invested interest in what you are given.
    i dont personally think the matching isnt in any way bad at the moment, nor has it been for a while. We just simply took a hit whilst we adjusted slightly. But even with SC's move to narrow the goal posts with their "build all" policy, there are still so many variables built into the game. Ask 50 people to do a report on a match up, and you will get some colourful reports back, but many will be severely conflicting.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; 1 Week Ago at 06:42 PM.

Forum Veteran
    I have seen it time and time again being at a disadvantage on paper doesnt mean all is lost. Regular wars my clan is often at a disadvantage. In cwl we were at a disadvantage all 7 wars but won them all easily there too.
    There are plenty of good people on the forum that repeatedly point out flaws in people's thinking of what is a disadvantage. I just wish everyone could see it.
    Play the game and enjoy the game it's the challenge that's fun.
    If you're not smarter than the guy you're dealing with you lose.
    You failed to utilize the most effective strategy by not using the most available resources to affect your outcome.
    I play to win. You play to see how tough you are.
    Defeat the enemy anyway you can.

Pro Member
    You're scoring consistently between 98 and 100%, with 5 100%s in the data that's available on cocp.it. Your most recent loss was on a 5v5 with TH8s that had nothing to do with the MM (I can't see the detail on the other loss). So, I'm not sure what you're looking for. Maybe explain to me how the matchmaker is failing you?
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; 1 Week Ago at 04:37 PM.
    Ancient Hunters War Clan Recruiting - TH8+
    TH10 - doug 30/38 heroes
    TMBG Low Level War Clan Recruiting - Wars with TH3-9
    TH10 - Doctor Worm 18/29 heroes

I don't think I've ever had a complaint about matchups, we have enjoyed many long streaks in our clan and maintain 90% win rate over 500 wars, that's a long time and alot of change. For me the key is analyzing how you match, why do some clans do better than others? In a good system, some clans should be better than others but should be some skill in attaining advantage through base building.

If you are trying to gain an advantage through matching (engineering) and you are getting mismatches, you aren't blaming the system, you look inwards to your clan about what you need to change in order to fix the problem.

13 wins out of 15 is pretty good, seems there are also other good clans enjoying prosperity too so I do not think the matchmaking has failed you.

We have been phasing out the lower level Th's and moving into a lineup that consists of a TH range of 10-12. We moved our Th9's that want to war over to our feeder. Since doing this we've consistently had faster and fair matchups.
    Willie Nelson #2R2LJQGG
    AQ 60 BK 56 GW 30
    Bob Wills #9GCG9Q28
    TH 9.5 AQ 38 BK 32
    Xit Woundz #PYJRUJQL

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    You're scoring consistently between 98 and 100%, with 5 100%s in the data that's available on cocp.it. Your most recent loss was on a 5v5 with TH8s that had nothing to do with the MM (I can't see the detail on the other loss). So, I'm not sure what you're looking for. Maybe explain to me how the matchmaker is failing you?
    5v5? Seriously?
    This was a huge mistake on SC's part.
    It is too small to count as a war. It is small enough that a single anomaly can throw the whole match off balance. Small enough that the majority of 100% ties happen at this size.
    In short it causes more problems than any other war size. It is an insult to other clans that a "win" in a 5v5 counts the same as a 30v30 or 40v40 win that requires work and coordination.

That said, I am not so opposed to 5v5 that I would call for a reversal, only a limitation. Once a clan reaches level 5, tiny wars need to end. Time to step up to the big leagues. I would not mind seeing 10v10 end at clan level 10. Clans should grow and merge. SC should do more to encourage large clans, and less to coddle tiny clans. The benefits of a large clan are many, and too many good clashers are wasting away in tiny clans.
    Listen, and understand! That Engineer is out there! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pain. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop... ever, until your win streak is broken.