Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: why does supercell try to say the cwl is skill based

I have 2 clans. “Army of One....” (with the 4 dots) is basically all TH8 and lower, although I may move my TH9s over there for CWL. It’s where we keep our minis and is not very active but has plenty of open slots and certainly could be. Anyone who wants to join can do so and I occasionally pop over to run CGs. This first CWL, it seeded Silver I and won all 7 matches. I will be running 15 of my games through CWL S2, and if some TH8s/TH9s were to want to join, I’d have no problem letting them in to swap out for my games.

Then there’s the main clan, “Divergent Void”. This clan is predominantly TH9 and above, along with a few lower level THs. One TH9 will be in CWLs (one of our regulars) along with the rest being TH10 and up. I’ve been keeping it to TH9 and up only for a while now, since well before CWLs, and that will not be changing. This clan seeded Crystal I. If a TH9 player wanted to join the clan, I’d have no problem letting him in and putting him in CWL. TH8 and under, though, I would not accept - but, as I mentioned, that has nothing to do with CWLs.

I think that MOST clans are going to be running things the same as they did before. Some may raise the bar for entry and although CWL may influence that decision, I would think it’s more the general progress of the game. We’re up to TH12 now. If a clan wants to be competitive in CWs, CWLs, or leaderboards; if they want decent donations; decent FCs...this happens at TH9 and up now. Likewise, if you’re looking for active players, they’ll be at TH9 within a few months of starting (maybe less). It’s kind of become the new starting point for the game.

It only makes sense that lower level players are pushed into lower level groups. What good is it to a TH7 to be in a clan of TH10s and up? They have access to higher level players. Great...so? Wouldn’t it be better to have access to experienced players closer to your own level who actually remember it? What does a lower level member have to offer a clan of TH10s and up? Their donations are too low, they have no experience or knowledge of use to higher level players, their FCs are ridiculously easy....

I see TH9 as that middle ground between lower and upper level players and divisions fall there naturally. Like I said,though, none of this is because of CWLs though - there’s always been a middle line like that and it just firmed up at TH9, inching toward TH10, with the release of TH12. As more players mature their TH12 games, I wager TH10 will become the new middle ground.
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaledonian View Post
    So what's wrong with being a farmer?

You've spent an inordinate amount of time on this thread banging on about "pay to win", yet you denigrate a perfectly valid F2P route!
    Who said anything was wrong with being a farmer? I was just pointing out that there are casual war players as well who compete in wars to test their skill.

Oh, and that should be broad, not board!

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    That would impact the least advantageous engineered bases. The good engineered bases would still be an advantage.

A minimum war weight system is often suggested and discussed in the war subforum. There are better options, but I like it anyway because it is simple and easy to explain and understand and still allows some freedom to decide what to build/upgrade to get to that weight.
    I see your points, but I would look at the advantages/disadvantages from a different perspective.

You say that having only one attack in war would be an advantage to good engineers over bad engineers. I actually see that as an advantage. At least it's rewarding skill.

As for minimum war weight. That further disadvantages rushers (not engineered, but offensively and defensively rushed), which are already disadvantaged in war. Not necessarily a bad thing, but something to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by fplant View Post
    I see your points, but I would look at the advantages/disadvantages from a different perspective.

You say that having only one attack in war would be an advantage to good engineers over bad engineers. I actually see that as an advantage. At least it's rewarding skill.

As for minimum war weight. That further disadvantages rushers (not engineered, but offensively and defensively rushed), which are already disadvantaged in war. Not necessarily a bad thing, but something to consider.
    A rushed base would usually already be above the minimum weight and, thus, not impacted by it. That's the problem with being rushed, the defense is too high. For the rare time when the player is so horribly rushed as to not meet the minimum weight, well they are such a war disadvantage already, they likely wouldn't notice. The way to address that is to only apply the minimum defensive weight when the offense reaches a certain weight, but that gets more complicated and opens up other forms of engineering.
    Last edited by 2222; 1 Week Ago at 01:26 AM.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My legends hope: 14 hours daily search limit to reduce advantage of account sharing; black clouds screen; Legends3 5000-5499 cups, Legends2 5500-5999, Legends1 6000+ and titans/champs canít attack Legends1 or 2 players; while in clouds let us watch war, donate, do FCs, base design. Make a separate PvP trophy ladder option for all, others found here.