Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: why does supercell try to say the cwl is skill based

Question why does supercell try to say the cwl is skill based

i dont understand why supercell is saying its skilled based when all you have to have is all 15 th12s do all 7 wars. they should have put slots in and/or made the 15 ineligible for the one war that way you would have to sub in and really think about strategy for war. or put in slots for certain townhalls so that a clan would have to be balanced and play all through the family like only allow 4 th12s and only allow 4 th11s or require a certain amount of townhalls from 10 down.

Eventually it will be.

Any clan running 15 TH12's will eventually get a point where all they face is also 15 TH12's or maybe some 11's that are good at hitting 12's.

You're judging the CWL after only one season which isn't a very good metric.

Level 18
    - 8,137/18,500 | Master II
    BloodyIrishman - TH13 [Level 218] - #2 in TH12 Hall of Fame
    Follow this link if you're interested in joining!

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodyIrishman View Post
    Eventually it will be.

Any clan running 15 TH12's will eventually get a point where all they face is also 15 TH12's or maybe some 11's that are good at hitting 12's.

You're judging the CWL after only one season which isn't a very good metric.
    Exactly this. Our clan was placed in Master 3 and were out matched all 7 wars, yet we still won 6 of them because we had skilled attackers and a better overall strategy than the other clans.

Yes it is skill based.....go through it

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ShafayatSabit View Post
    Yes it is skill based.....go through it
    But, no at all.

At higher league tiers, every clan should have 15 TH 12's. Some TH 11's also will be there. CWL is skill based for most of those higher league tiers.

But, what about lower leagues?

That is like a nightmare. Now from second CWL, war weighting has not involved in matchmaking. One clan matches with seven other clans randomly, which are in the same league tier.

Some clans will get a huge advantage while others will go down to the number 7 & 8 of the list.

I think that, to make CWL skill based, war weighting should be used not only for the initial CWL but also for upcoming CWL.

Here is why,

Let's imagine these things.

Clan A : 30 clanmates (15 th 12's, 15 th 7's)

Clan B : 15 clanmates (15 th 7's)

Clan A intentionally did only put their 15 th 7's to the initial CWL and got matched with clan B and 6 other clans at silver 3. In Second CWL season, clan A will put their 15 th 12's into the roster. Now clan A is at a huge advantage when considering about other clans in silver league. It will take such long time to the clan A to moving up to master league. Now you saying 15 Th 12's VS 15 Th 7's = skill based?

So, CWL is skill based, but not at always.
    Last edited by postpost; November 5th, 2018 at 06:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by postpost View Post
    But, no at all.

At higher league tiers, every clan should have 15 TH 12's. Some TH 11's also will be there. CWL is skill based for most of those higher league tiers.

That is like a nightmare. Now from second CWL, war weighting has not involved in matchmaking. One clan matches with seven other clans randomly, which are in the same league tier.

Some clans will get a huge advantage while others will go down to the number 7 & 8 of the list.

I think that, to make CWL skill based, war weighting should be used not only for the initial CWL but also for upcoming CWL.

Here is why,

Clan A intentionally did only put their 15 th 7's to the initial CWL and got matched with clan B and 6 other clans at silver 3. In Second CWL season, clan A will put their 15 th 12's into the roster. Now clan A is at a huge advantage when considering about other clans in silver league. It will take such long time to the clan A to moving up to master league. Now you saying 15 Th 12's VS 15 Th 7's = skill based?

This would mean that you do not Need league tiers, if you every time use war weight for the matchup. Yes in your example ClanA will have an advantage but it will also be promoted each time. The system will need some time to get all clans in there league. In the grand theme it will work but there are also always ways for a clan to misuse the system. e.g. it could lose a CWL to have a advantage next CWL to earn more medals.

Banned
    SC has already said for a long time "you would want to be a TH12 for the year end update". People are playing slowly and refusing to progress faster, now they are crying because others play better than them. "Skill" is now only half the game, SC has realised too late that promoting maxing will only kill their game so now they are promoting progression and not stagnating at "maxed THx"

It only takes 2 years to be a maxed TH12, stop playing the game at half or even quarter speed

I personally think SC’s implementation of cwl is either lazy (we’ll see how it goes and adjust) or ignorant (who cares, we’re giving people free stuff). SC has had years of watching 3rd party league wars, as well as years of trying to improve war matchmaking. I guess I’m just confused by the complete lack of creating a cwl system based on everything they’ve learned over the years. Matching clans based on the number of entrants is dumb and SC knows it, I guess everyone should be happy with the rewards. ��
    Last edited by SharkyFinn; November 5th, 2018 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keflex View Post
    It only takes 2 years to be a maxed TH12, stop playing the game at half or even quarter speed
    I don't think so🤔 I'm playing constantly since March 2017 and I'm just a new TH11..

Quote Originally Posted by RoosterCoC View Post
    Matching clans based on the number of entrants is dumb and SC knows it, I guess everyone should be happy with the rewards. 😞
    Who said that Matching works this way? First CWL was matched on warweight, after it's matched league based..

CWL seems to be skillbased, maybe there are some clans who did not take their best Bases into the first one and might be on a advantage for the next ones.
    Last edited by SharkyFinn; November 5th, 2018 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by postpost View Post
    But, no at all.

Here is why,

If you match a clan like you propose all th12 in silver 3, just sit back and laugh at them.

It will take them 11 CWL tournaments to reach master1, where they should be at earning 10 medals a star and 25 for a win.
    But by sandbagging, they will have to climb up, earning 3-4 medals a star and 10 for a win. Loosing out on thousands of medals for the clan.
    Level: 262 | TH13
    Highest Trophy Count:5608 | Donations: 1.63 million | Hero Levels: 210