Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: When to give a member co-leader?

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcherQueenEnthusiast View Post
    I suggest dont give people co unless they are extremely loyal and you can trust them.
    Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    A clan can do just fine with a good leader and a few (trusted indeed) co-leaders. If people need ranks to feel better, they have an issue, not the clan. We have several clans and members hop right and left ... half of the time I forget to change back the 'ranks' because next CWL or clan games they'll hop again .... lots of 'members'... quite a few 'elders'... not so many 'co-leaders' and one leader in all of our clans. And no hassle about it either, thankfully.

In our clans people know they are appreciated for their contribution and most don't need a rank to know that - and I'm thankful for every one of our members' contribution, be it donating, advice, warring, doing CWL and/or maxing CG
    In my opinion, the above 2 posts include all that is required for a co leader, and also show that position is irrelevant within a successful, and happy clan.

Quote Originally Posted by PlexVW View Post
    This is one of the biggest decision a leader has to face. Can i trust this person with so much power. While all the points everyone mentioned are correct . You will need to see how this person also handles situation towards other clan members. Its important that you have someone who is firm but yet not abusive should corrective action is needed. After all its a clan and sometimes members will make mistakes in their attack or even forget to attack. I feel its important to have someone who is firm can correct as well and motivate members and elders in becoming part of a clan for what the clan stands for.
    I feel this is more a leaders responsibility. a leader needs to be friendly, but willing to step in as required, and make the tougher decisions. After all, the biggest decisions will be made regarding the actions of a CO in most cases.
    Elder is given easily. We quickly make people elders, just by being active. CO is earned with loyalty and know how. They are the future leaders.

This is a tough question. Some players will leave if they feel that they've earned the co-leader position but didn't get it. I myself have done that. I think if a player has been there for more than 30 days, fits in well with the clan, uses all their attacks during wars, donates well, etc should probably be made a co-leader.