Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clan war league rewards for lower levels

Clan war league rewards for lower levels

I think we can all agree on one thing: clan war leagues are fun to watch, but they offer little to no rewards to the people who just so happen to not be in the top 20 of their clan progress wise(in mid-to-high tier clans, that just means everyone without th10). Where it first seemed to our clan that for a war win the full roster would already get at least some medals, and then the way some people would get more medals for their efforts than others would be that participants actually got star bonuses (and probably leader bonuses if they did well enough). This is not the case. Only the people actually fighting the wars got anything.

Now, I am not just speaking for myself, or for the lower levels, but for the entire clan when I say it was a disappointment that the lower levels got absolutely no reward whatsoever. We as a clan feel that everyone needs to get some kind of reward for the clan war leagues, because 1. although the lower levels do not attack, they can still donate, offer counsel on the clan’s attacks, help coordinate the warring players etc. and 2. the clan war league replaces clan wars, which means the lower level players actually do not only not gain anything, they actually are at a net loss if they usually play clan war, because they don’t gain those resources for a full week.

To counteract this, it would be nice if there was at least something in it for the lower town halls as well. A possible way to do this would be to make the change we as a clan thought was already a thing: war wins give medals not just to the 15 participants, but to the rest of the lineup as well. This would lead to an average per player of about 70 medals for free, meaning every 5 months, they can buy 2 hero hammers, or 3 non-hero hammers. Although this is not a huge reward, it does at the very least counteract the lost resources from not participating in clan war for a week, as well as make clan war leagues as a whole much more appealing to everyone.

Another solution might be to make lower town halls a viable lineup choice in clan war leagues, and here’s how: say every season, each league had a competition for every roster size, ranging from 10 to 40 to always have room for substitutes. This would make it so a much bigger part of the community can actually take part in one of the most memorable additions to the game. As well, massively increasing the accessibility of such an event also makes everyone more excited for upcoming updates. Think about it, now the “middle-class” will not just have to watch as the big boys have fun together, they can actually join in and learn a lot from the elders of their clan, and have a good time together, which is better for everyone.

If you actually read through the entirety of me fulminating against clan war leagues, I am very grateful. Also, if you have any additions, connotations, remarks, questions, or cookie recipes please let me know! It would be immensely appreciated if you helped me find answers to this ‘problem’, or expand in various ways on the solutions my brain concocted. Clash on!

Everyone on your roster is supposed to get the win reward medals, but it's currently bugged and being investigated now.

Level 17
    - 15,600/17,800 | Master II
    BloodyIrishman - TH12 [Level 201] - #2 in TH12 Hall of Fame
    Follow this link if you're interested in joining!

Ahh okay, thanks a lot for the information. That makes the subject a lot less dire than I first thought it was.

Update: there still hasn’t been any news as to this bug being fixed. Can anyone confirm that this is indeed what it is, and that it is not by design that people who were on the roster but not in the wars got no medals whatsoever?

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by groteoliebol View Post
    Update: there still hasn’t been any news as to this bug being fixed. Can anyone confirm that this is indeed what it is, and that it is not by design that people who were on the roster but not in the wars got no medals whatsoever?
    I haven't seen any confirmation as yet, but I'd like to think that they wouldn't have announced CWL#2 without a solution.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #6
    Here is confirmation:
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...8#post11963118

PS: this other League Medals bug is still present and we will only be able to fix it next week once the current CWL season is done and dusted! We apologize for the inconvenience!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    So in this where you say "current" CWL season you mean season two (the one starting on the 13th), correct? Just want to know exactly what information I can safely relay.

Level 17
    - 15,600/17,800 | Master II
    BloodyIrishman - TH12 [Level 201] - #2 in TH12 Hall of Fame
    Follow this link if you're interested in joining!

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodyIrishman View Post
    So in this where you say "current" CWL season you mean season two (the one starting on the 13th), correct? Just want to know exactly what information I can safely relay.
    No, that was posted last week, before season 1 finished - some leagues had finished by the time Anoushka posted that, but many hadn't.

They are hoping to have a fix this week, though I have heard nothing since that post.

And no confirmation either wya as to whether those who missed out this time will get them.
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    My stats (main account)

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #9
    And the bug has now been fixed, with today's maintenance, including those who missed out on medals now getting them.
    My stats (main account)

I've no real problem with the rewards system, but I'm starting to wonder how the scoring system works. We just beat a clan 31-23 on the first war of the "season" and they are now ahead of us in the league....... our "score" for the war was 40, theirs was 50 and put them into 2nd place. Go figure. Are these scores "live" or is supercell making this sh!t up as it goes along.