Page 60 of 70 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast

Thread: [Project] Let's build a TH9 base for the new loot system

What kind of core do you guys think is best? Here's some of the ones I've been trying, what do you guys think of them. (Note I don't have AQ yet, so I would put her where barb king is.
    photo 1.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    Last edited by MrDaEpicDucK; January 2nd, 2014 at 05:00 PM.

Hi, regarding the concern of bloonions on my base from Page 54, I have drawn (handdrawn:eek a diagram to help me explain it.

It has been bothering me for a very long time that upward xbows do not cover your whole hog ring when attempting to make an antihog base. For a one big ring design, e.g. the third base in my sig, there will always be two opposing corners where the xbow covers the hog ring better and two remaining corners where the upward xbows barely cover or just cannot reach at all in some (bigger sized) designs.

If you click on an xbow while visiting my base, you will find out that the whole hog ring was actually designed based on the upward radius of the xbows, which is the righthand side drawing in the above pic. I basically flipped the two vulnerable corners inside and came up with that chassis. Now the whole hogring is covered by an upward xbow all the time.

---------------------

Another side note regarding hogs (not loons). In this pic, I have highlighted the common twin giant bomb locations. In a single ring, those two locations should be the best choice as the xbows do not cover the remaining two corners. But still there's only one xbow shooting at each bomb site. The marked bomb site in this new base leads hogs right into the overlapping kill zone. (well at only 50% chance since they can of course run in the opposite direction)
    ---------------------

"Your xbows are too far apart". Notice in the drawing, the overlapping area for two upward xbows in a single ring. It's nowhere near the hog ring at all because of the small radius of an upward xbow. Sure the overlapping area is big, but you don't want anything going into that area if you are doing an antihog base. In my design, there's is actually some area where both xbows will be shooting at hogs/loons without having the hog ring to fail its function first. Although in reality hogs/loons will occasionally fork out left and right after contacting the first structure. So some may run faster and some run slower so there is no insurance that both xbows will always point at the overlapping killzone all the time.

This is where the teslas come into play. By putting teslas as a part of the hog ring which runs between the two xbows,
    1) I have made full use of the overlapping area between both xbows as hogs and loons actually go through the whole killzone,

2) The base is anti PEKKA with centralised teslas, and

3) the teslas provide a secondary measure of leading hogs/loons back outside in case of a very experienced antihog base attacker. By that I mean luring everything you got, then using a few hogs at the left corner, and a few hogs at the right corner to break off the chain, then mass hogs go into mid and gg. In this new base, the hogs will be lead back outside again after breaking into the first xbow chamber. (See next pic)

---------------------

OK!!! Time for some real stuff yeeaaaahhh. I was lucky enough to receive a loonion attack just as I was typing this post. Enjoy!

The DE was damaged due to collateral damage from loons passing by teslas. Seems like a weakness in my farming mode (DE in trophy mode will not be damaged this way). I have not accepted this current state as my final design, there may be future changes, and there also is a TH10 version that can accomodate one more cannon and one more archer tower in the ring, central teslas will be replaced with discos and the two extra teslas will probably be used in top and bottom as anti hog lure.

Quote Originally Posted by llindvior View Post
    Hi, regarding the concern of bloonions on my base from Page 54, I have drawn (handdrawn:eek a diagram to help me explain it.

It has been bothering me for a very long time that upward xbows do not cover your whole hog ring when attempting to make an antihog base. For a one big ring design, e.g. the third base in my sig, there will always be two opposing corners where the xbow covers the hog ring better and two remaining corners where the upward xbows barely cover or just cannot reach at all in some (bigger sized) designs.

If you click on an xbow while visiting my base, you will find out that the whole hog ring was actually designed based on the upward radius of the xbows, which is the righthand side drawing in the above pic. I basically flipped the two vulnerable corners inside and came up with that chassis. Now the whole hogring is covered by an upward xbow all the time.

---------------------

Another side note regarding hogs (not loons). In this pic, I have highlighted the common twin giant bomb locations. In a single ring, those two locations should be the best choice as the xbows do not cover the remaining two corners. But still there's only one xbow shooting at each bomb site. The marked bomb site in this new base leads hogs right into the overlapping kill zone. (well at only 50% chance since they can of course run in the opposite direction)
    ---------------------

"Your xbows are too far apart". Notice in the drawing, the overlapping area for two upward xbows in a single ring. It's nowhere near the hog ring at all because of the small radius of an upward xbow. Sure the overlapping area is big, but you don't want anything going into that area if you are doing an antihog base. In my design, there's is actually some area where both xbows will be shooting at hogs/loons without having the hog ring to fail its function first. Although in reality hogs/loons will occasionally fork out left and right after contacting the first structure. So some may run faster and some run slower so there is no insurance that both xbows will always point at the overlapping killzone all the time.

This is where the teslas come into play. By putting teslas as a part of the hog ring which runs between the two xbows,
    1) I have made full use of the overlapping area between both xbows as hogs and loons actually go through the whole killzone,

3) the teslas provide a secondary measure of leading hogs/loons back outside in case of a very experienced antihog base attacker. By that I mean luring everything you got, then using a few hogs at the left corner, and a few hogs at the right corner to break off the chain, then mass hogs go into mid and gg. In this new base, the hogs will be lead back outside again after breaking into the first xbow chamber. (See next pic)

---------------------

OK!!! Time for some real stuff yeeaaaahhh. I was lucky enough to receive a loonion attack just as I was typing this post. Enjoy!

The DE was damaged due to collateral damage from loons passing by teslas. Seems like a weakness in my farming mode (DE in trophy mode will not be damaged this way). I have not accepted this current state as my final design, there may be future changes, and there also is a TH10 version that can accomodate one more cannon and one more archer tower in the ring, central teslas will be replaced with discos and the two extra teslas will probably be used in top and bottom as anti hog lure.
    I'm no expert, but I'd say that's a darn good base.

Wow. Super impressive. I say we test this base and see where things go. I will switch over to it and tweak it a tad.

my one question is won't those teslas in core make it not
    completely anti hog?
    Level 102 TH9
    Highest Trophies: 2815

How to use The BAM Army
    Community Project List

Quote Originally Posted by cakework View Post
    First defense. Core completely wiped. I think it is too biased to the top so I think we need a new base haha.
    Sorry to hear that. It still hasnt happened to mine but I'll switch to the infinity base.

6.3m Dark Elixir and 2.2b Gold/Elixir Stolen
    32/40 BK | 40 AQ | 2​/250 Lavas

Quote Originally Posted by Cgjohnst View Post
    Forums are hard to use.

---------------------

---------------------

---------------------

I really appreciate all the effort man. Ill go to testing yours as well.

Forums are hard to use.

I am concerned with the WT placement. Balloons from the top would seem like an easy raid, as minions would encounter no splash to the Gold Storages.

Forums are hard to use.

Quote Originally Posted by cakework View Post
    Wow. Super impressive. I say we test this base and see where things go. I will switch over to it and tweak it a tad.

my one question is won't those teslas in core make it not
    completely anti hog?
    Yes the farming mode definately doesn't seem totally antihog with two tesla between DE and CC. It's the same problem with loons passing over teslas and dealing collateral damage to the DE storage. The tesla serves a very important role to lead loons/hogs back out to the ring in case things go wrong on one side of the base. I will need to think this part abit more.

Yes the farming mode definately doesn't seem totally antihog with two tesla between DE and CC. It's the same problem with loons passing over teslas and dealing collateral damage to the DE storage. The tesla serves a very important role to lead loons/hogs back out to the ring in case things go wrong on one side of the base. I will need to think this part abit more.
    What exactly is that very important role? Can it be changed?
    Level 102 TH9
    Highest Trophies: 2815

How to use The BAM Army
    Community Project List

As soon as my xbows finish building I will also test that base.