Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Is winning more important than keeping everyone involved?

1.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #21
    Quote Originally Posted by DavePorky View Post
    I apologise if this came across trolly or toxic.
    As I can’t change the title I will leave it to get closed.
    I think i have got the idea that more put results first.
    In hindsight I could have worded the post better, it shouldn’t have been a shock that some would want to turn it into an argument.
    Wether your team is your priority or your competitive edge is, there is no right or wrong answer.
    I’m not here to argue or accuse.
    Good luck
    Thank you for clarifying. Your OP came out differently. If you go back and edit it and the title, I'll make sure to update the actual thread title to reflect whatever you've changed it to.

Generally speaking, I agree with you that there are far more important things to winning, but striking the right balance for your team is also important.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 20 - 689 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Contact on Groupme

In hindsight I could have worded the post better, it shouldn’t have been a shock that some would want to turn it into an argument.
    Wether your team is your priority or your competitive edge is, there is no right or wrong answer.
    Good luck
    Thank you for the clarification ... a forum isn't three-dimensional so everyone 'reads' with their own 'glasses' or mind set.

Best of luck with your clan, things should even out more over the next few months

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by BWBX View Post
    We are a mixed clan with quite a few kids.

We included all who wanted to war (slight confusion over how many should be included, but that will be better next time ) and gave bonuses to the lower members who took part well. Will help them to upgrade. Higher members don't need quite as much help.
    Good approach!

I've let my participating clannies know that they've got enough; "lets focus on making the middle & tail stronger". Better performance next time means better for all.

Edit: I have good clannies!
    Last edited by Kaledonian; November 2nd, 2018 at 06:54 PM.

We tried to include some of our lower bases but there were rarely any targets for them to hit. I like to give my hard working lower bases a chance to participate at least 1 time but it was challenging and it cost us in a few of the matches. In the future matches, we will try to continue to let at least 1 TH9 base into war league and we allow many TH10s. Our 10s are good warriors so we would never dismiss them! I saw that others didn't follow this train of thought.

Centennial Club
    Just a quick one to see how many clans decided to boycott their weaker members during CWL.
    These lower town halls that have remained loyal to the clan and have been used to help with war weight in the past have been pushed aside and starved of medals.

I am sure there must be plenty that included everybody fairly and lowered their chance of victory to embrace more important things (their loyal members) ... surely?

which path did your clan take and how did it go?

do you feel it isnít selfish or greedy to only look after the strongest in the clan?

do you scoff at those who choose to include lower town halls and have a clan that values members by WHO they are and not WHAT they are?

do you feel like a number or a valued part of your clans community?

let me know your thoughts.
    My clan, RAVENS (#2QVVP89V), did the opposite. We took clan members that best represent our actual war weight. We were placed in crystal I because of it, but we won all seven wars despite being match rather unfairly. We only brought three of our nine TH12s in our rost along with a few TH11s, TH10s, and 2-3 TH9s. On more than one occasion our TH10 had to hit TH12s that had the possibility of getting the 2 star so that the TH12s and TH11s could hit down for the easier 3 star but that helped us win our CWL by roughly 18 stars overall. We plan to bring everyone on the roster moving forward but for this war we did limit our coster to just 16 members. These members were our best attackers and haven't missed a single attack for several months...
    Clash Royale: Level 12 | 15 Legendary | Challenger II Arena
    Clash of Clans: Town Hall 12 | Level 180 |​ 182/300 LVL11 walls
    Boom Beach: Head Quarters 20 | Level 58
    BRAWL STARS: #Android

That sounds like a smart move. Well played

Thankyou to Terminus Prime for the Signature
    daveporky Founder and Proud leader of ADULTS ONLY #8VUYUJU since September 2012.

Never be foolish enough to mistake kindness for weakness

Quote Originally Posted by Shark Skellington View Post
    Thank you for clarifying. Your OP came out differently. If you go back and edit it and the title, I'll make sure to update the actual thread title to reflect whatever you've changed it to.

Generally speaking, I agree with you that there are far more important things to winning, but striking the right balance for your team is also important.
    Thanks for changing it ... need to spread some and such...

We took everyone who was opted in, but only rotated in the lower town halls in one battle day that we knew had lower town hall levels. We won 4 of our matches in Masters 1 so we gave the 7 bonuses to the th11s that had limited participation (just the one war). Once they fix the bug everyone will have gotten at least 100 medals, and the lowest participants at least 200 (leader bonus, at least one star, and 4 wins).

It’s a small change but hopefully it’s enough to stop the easily angered from using the thread as a catalyst for argument.

Thankyou to Terminus Prime for the Signature
    daveporky Founder and Proud leader of ADULTS ONLY #8VUYUJU since September 2012.

Never be foolish enough to mistake kindness for weakness

Yes of course. In my clan WHO you are counts way more than WHAT you are. Winning is nice but fairness and community trumps winning every time. I don’t expect everyone to be the same. The Clash universe is ever diverse.
    Good luck
    This second quote makes a lot of sense. Yes, a lot of clans don’t put winning first. They will put anyone into wars and just see what happens. Others are more selective. It isn’t about greed, it is about entertainment. My clan finds it fun to try to win without being held back by players that are significantly below our level either due to skill or the way their base has been constructed. The same goes for CWL. We have some skilled th8 and th9 players that won’t be playing in our league wars (and some rushed less skilled th11s and th12s that don’t make our regular war roster).

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here for how cc troops deploy ( it depends) and more here. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.