Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: CWL will be an afterthought

  1. #21
    Forum Elder Piper139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    2,166
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    I think CWL is a bit flawed, I think it should match clans based on initial seeding in every CWL season rather than carry over. It's a little bit of a conundrum since if you don't carry over, it's basically clan wars with 1 attack.

    At the moment I don't really see it dominating, most in our clans don't really like CWL itself.
    Maybe because after the first round, your engineering doesn't give you a great advantage? From your posts, your clan has a very high skill level in engineering. Not the cookie cutter stuff. So you are built for regular clan wars. Maybe not for cwl?

  2. #22
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,121
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadrach777 View Post
    For me, it's the exact opposite. Clan wars are becoming an afterthought, and CWL is what I am looking forward to.
    I have a similar thought. I just opted my first base in to a regular war after taking a week to recover from the CWL blitz.

  3. #23
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    971
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    I think CWL is a bit flawed, I think it should match clans based on initial seeding in every CWL season rather than carry over. It's a little bit of a conundrum since if you don't carry over, it's basically clan wars with 1 attack.

    At the moment I don't really see it dominating, most in our clans don't really like CWL itself.
    If you meant matching based on weight within each level, that would accelerate the baddest of the baddest th12's getting to the top and also the baddest of the baddest all max th9's reaching the point they are being matched with strong enough th10's to beat them. However, I like the idea of enjoying the journey and a little crazy randomness thrown in at the beginning.
    My attacks are always awesome...just not necessarily in a good way.

  4. #24
    Super Member gregenstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    old headz retirement home
    Posts
    945
    We did 2 regular wars between the time of the last CWL until now. We won them both, but honestly, it wasn't nearly as much fun as CWL. It's a very long process, but I like it more than normal war. Most of our clan I think does too, and the rewards are nice. They won't help my main account much, but my alt will benefit tremendously.

    But to be clear, normal war is not really about reward, I agree with that. CWL is though, and I like it better. We really have to talk and communicate because you can't afford for anyone to waste an attack; they are all far too precious.

    CWL is here to stay.
    old headz - A place for adults to gather, chat, drink, and clash! Learn more about us at https://oldheadz.wordpress.com/

    Find us in Clash: old headz (#2VVQVLCV). Adult clan for War and Clan Games.

  5. #25
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    NE England, UK.
    Posts
    1,485
    Quote Originally Posted by SSeleulc View Post
    If you meant matching based on weight within each level, that would accelerate the baddest of the baddest th12's getting to the top and also the baddest of the baddest all max th9's reaching the point they are being matched with strong enough th10's to beat them. However, I like the idea of enjoying the journey and a little crazy randomness thrown in at the beginning.
    This post by Puma is as good as any in explaining why matching weights within the tiers would be a bad idea..
    Thegreatpuma

    Pro MemberJoin DateMar 2016LocationDruidiaPosts694

    Let's assume they are trying to match within the tiers. If they were doing this I feel this could cause promotion issues. For instance, let's say there are 16 clans, half of them are near the top of the tier (weight-wise), and the other half are near the bottom. If they grouped them as to minimize the standard deviation you would have one group with the top 8 and a second with the bottom 8. This would result in promotion of 2 of the heaviest and 2 of the lightest. Certainly they would not want it to work this way.

    Hope Puma doesnt mind me using his post, but is good enough for another airing. So far as the crazy randomness of the season 1 draws, just wait a few months. It will get a whole lot crazier. It is a non weighted system, so lesser performing clans will be pitting their bigger bases against more skilled clans with much smaller accounts.

    Quote Originally Posted by gregenstein View Post
    We did 2 regular wars between the time of the last CWL until now. We won them both, but honestly, it wasn't nearly as much fun as CWL. It's a very long process, but I like it more than normal war. Most of our clan I think does too, and the rewards are nice. They won't help my main account much, but my alt will benefit tremendously.


    I agree cwl is more fun.
    In regular war, we are very selective on whom makes the team, as there is a war log and win streak on the line, so is a pressure environment.
    In cwl, we are treating it as a farming exercise, so is an "open to all" event, so long as they arent ridiculously small. The response was good for season 1, and everybody was buzzing. For season 2, we have an even bigger response. Maybe it was that we won all 7 last time, but time will tell. We kept it low key, and failure was smiled upon rather than frowned. Great tool for account growth. Also a great tool for making non warring members feel part of things. Long may it continue.


    Last edited by joshsgrandad; 3 Days Ago at 08:54 PM.

  6. #26
    Fresh Spawn
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    2
    There should be a way for a Leader to disable CWL starts by Co-Leaders.

    Our clan which usually wars 30v30 or 40v40 lost about 10 active players who apparently fell asleep during the first CWL round and never reactivated. The batch of wars since the CWL turned into a 0-5 rout for lack of participation by usual "regulars." It's taken about 6 months to build up the clan, just to loose momentum in the few weeks since the first CWL.

    Sigh. CWL is slow, high maintenance and more of a chore than a game after about 3 days.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by brickpig View Post
    There should be a way for a Leader to disable CWL starts by Co-Leaders.

    Our clan which usually wars 30v30 or 40v40 lost about 10 active players who apparently fell asleep during the first CWL round and never reactivated. The batch of wars since the CWL turned into a 0-5 rout for lack of participation by usual "regulars." It's taken about 6 months to build up the clan, just to loose momentum in the few weeks since the first CWL.

    Sigh. CWL is slow, high maintenance and more of a chore than a game after about 3 days.
    Well, there sort of is, the leader can take away co-leader from players that declare war without permission of the leader. I do wish there was something above elder that didn’t involve the ability to declare wars, but for now the only option is to not have co-leaders who would do such a thing.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My legends hope: 14 hours daily search limit to reduce advantage of account sharing; black clouds screen; Legends3 5000-5499 cups, Legends2 5500-5999, Legends1 6000+ and titans/champs canít attack Legends1 or 2 players; while in clouds let us watch war, donate, do FCs, base design. Make a separate PvP trophy ladder option for all, others found here.

  8. #28
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by RockChalk28 View Post
    CWL will be an afterthought
    More likely CW's will be an afterthought ...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •