Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CWL will be an afterthought

You are completely wrong. CWL will dominate Clan Wars from here on out.

People will be joining clans for CWL. Some may leave. Some won't be a good fit for CWL but strong players will look for CWL.

Clans will be changing, wars will be changing.

One of us is wrong. Let's meet up in a year and see which. Would be fun.
    Last edited by StormHeart; 1 Week Ago at 05:48 PM.

Signature Banner from ClashofHolmes
    Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Player Tag: ​#20RRP9UQ8

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Starcast99 View Post
    It would just be 3 attacks one more then regular war what’s the problem?

by the way I m retired ��
    Nice one mate. Enjoy it. I am looking forward to when I can put my feet up too.
    EDITED.. I see what you are getting at now. A 2 day quick blast, with a round robin then a play off.
    Is cwl not simply a way in which SC are trying to promote account advancement mate?. The attack bonus for the war raids is pretty good, and the rewards are well decent too. I enjoyed the clan activity during the week. was real good to see the usually non warring members having fun. I can live with this format.

btw. I wont disagree with the boring war bit, but maybe it was due to the weighting on season 1. Out of 7 wars, only 1 of them had anything resembling an actual war.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; 1 Week Ago at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StormHeart View Post

People will be joining clans for CWL. Some may leave. Some won't be a good fit for CWL but strong players will look for CWL.

I think CWL is a bit flawed, I think it should match clans based on initial seeding in every CWL season rather than carry over. It's a little bit of a conundrum since if you don't carry over, it's basically clan wars with 1 attack.

At the moment I don't really see it dominating, most in our clans don't really like CWL itself.
    Last edited by MajorJohnson; 1 Week Ago at 12:19 AM.

Millennial Club
    I see SC CWL as the triumph of the engineer over the recent (last year) changes to random spin matchmaker. It is once again possible to game the system to get an overwhelming advantage, essentially winning on prep day.

IMHO it isn't you Stormy, CWL invigorated my mixed clan of casuals and warriors. Bored of normal wars they all wanted in on CWL including those that can't war ... clans that don't CWL will need another point of interest to keep active players ... for most the rewards of CWL will make it an essential to keeping active players. Who doesn't want two completely free instant hero upgrades every month? Anybody? Well only those that have max heroes, and they of course can have two completely free instant building upgrades every month, and those that are maxed, well, I don't really know what keeps them in the game, never managed it myself in all these years ...

I don't think it's me either but you never know.

For me, I'm upgrading perma bases, just what SC wanted. I can't do it as fast as I would like to but I have begun the process.

Am going to stop taking TH8s to war. 12-9 is going to be it for us.

Quote Originally Posted by nobeone View Post
    IMHO it isn't you Stormy, CWL invigorated my mixed clan of casuals and warriors. Bored of normal wars they all wanted in on CWL including those that can't war ... clans that don't CWL will need another point of interest to keep active players ... for most the rewards of CWL will make it an essential to keeping active players. Who doesn't want two completely free instant hero upgrades every month? Anybody? Well only those that have max heroes, and they of course can have two completely free instant building upgrades every month, and those that are maxed, well, I don't really know what keeps them in the game, never managed it myself in all these years ...

Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights

I don't think it's me either but you never know.

For me, I'm upgrading perma bases, just what SC wanted. I can't do it as fast as I would like to but I have begun the process.

Am going to stop taking TH8s to war. 12-9 is going to be it for us.
    Yeah I have dropped TH8s too, I'll drop TH9s as soon as I can, only had a few last CWL, not sure I will have any by the next ...

I'm talking about regular wars. First TH7s became usless, now TH8s, I'm sure TH9s will be next.

Quote Originally Posted by nobeone View Post
    Yeah I have dropped TH8s too, I'll drop TH9s as soon as I can, only had a few last CWL, not sure I will have any by the next ...

Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights

I'm talking about regular wars. First TH7s became usless, now TH8s, I'm sure TH9s will be next.
    Ah, my bad, yeah stopped taking TH8s to regular wars too, actually our regular war roster is much the same to our CWL so ...

For me, it's the exact opposite. Clan wars are becoming an afterthought, and CWL is what I am looking forward to. The only thing that gets me excited during a war is if we get another perfect. I screwed up the last one and ran out of time 44/45 stars ��
    Alpha and Omega (#PVUQR2UL) Location: USA
    TH12: 60/60/30 TH12: 38/54/30 TH11: 40/40/20 TH9: 17/16
    Always looking for more to join clan and help out with clan games. We've only missed one reward out of all games, come help us so it doesn't happen again. Be sure to mention forums in your join request, or you're deemed a dirty spy and rejected.