Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Threads in Ideas and Feature Request

Banned

Threads in Ideas and Feature Request

Hello everyone,

Iíve made a couple of threads in the Clash Of Clans Ideas sub forum which I thought were pretty good. However neither of which has gathered a single response (I wonít link them here, I understand thatís tantamount to bumping).

However, the threads that seem to gain traction (my barometer being the amount of replies) are inundated with negative responses that are saying itís a terrible idea or itís ruled out.

Is that normal? I donít expect a direct response from Supercell, but a bit of feedback from the community that doesnít involve solely trashing someoneís idea would be nice. Or is that sub forum just for bashing poor ideas?

I do realise that my last idea was only posted an hour ago, but Iím only going off what Iíve seen in the many other threads in that sub.

Jack

The Lost Little Growlithe DeltaDroid4's Avatar
    It’s just annoying when you’ve made a request and it goes almost unnoticed

I’ve seen many well thought ideas with several paragraphs explaining it that get less than half a dozen replies. I’m pretty sure most people reading the threads in the I&FR subforum generally ignore long threads because they can’t be bothered to read it or the topic doesn’t interest them.

Most threads in that subforum that get a decent number of replies are just poorly thought out ideas that quickly garner responses explaining the impracticalities of that idea. For example, a thread posted several days ago requesting a time penalty after leaving a clan quickly gained numerous replies explaining why that idea had more disadvantages than advantages. While most of the replies were negative, I wouldn’t exactly call it “solely trashing someone’s idea”. While they’re pointing out why it’s a bad idea, they aren’t being overly negative or simple one-liner posts along the lines of “that idea is terrible!” Most of the replies are constructive criticism, explains why the idea doesn’t work and how it could be improved.

The subforum isn’t for “bashing poor ideas”, it’s just that most of the ideas posted there are low quality ideas that have been ruled out or have many obvious reasons why they haven’t been posted.
    bu8h9ophnosh80ohr0awpzshvcjawhv9fhiwnevs

Banned
    Hello DeltaDroid,

Many thanks for your response, itís certainly more than I tend to get in the ideas sub forum

Perhaps youíre right, maybe I was over simplifying things when I said Ďsolely trashing someoneís ideaí and I apologise. I suppose what I meant is that threads that can attract negative attention do, and threads that could garner a positive response are left alone. I guess because my threads are left alone, at least I know theyíre not ruled out or stultifyingly stupid.

I suppose from what Iíve read, that sub seems a negative place. Thereís a saying Ďif you have nothing good to say then donít say anythingí and I donít really agree with that. Although I agree less with the polar opposite.

Just out of curiosity and if you have time, can you take a look at my 2 threads in that sub? I donít want you to bump them, although itíd be good to get some critique and your opinion, maybe by vm or pm - or perhaps a 2 word acknowledgment on this thread saying thatís good/meh/poor if thatís allowed?

Many thanks for your time

Jack

Its human nature to want to criticize (perhaps critique?) rather than give praise for an idea. However there are plenty of people here who will point out the flaws and try to suggest a fix or an alternative. That kind of constructive feedback is what the forum needs more of, but when an idea is explicitly ruled out (i.e. on the ruled out ideas list) then there really isn't much more to say other than directing the poster to the ruled out ideas list. It's a shame that some people can be so quick to give so much toxic feedback (I admit I've done it before, I'm not perfect) but just look past the toxicity and think of ways your idea(s) can be improved or expanded on
    https://forum-content.supercell.com/signaturepics/sigpic1628699_2.gif
    Boom Beach - maxed
    Clash of Clans | TH10 | Level 136 |
    Clash Royale | Arena 11 | 88/88 |

Hello OP,
    And welcome to .. the IfR forum
    As you can see in the link ‘COC-IFR explained’ in my signature below, this subforum doesn’t work in the way you’d expect.
    About the various negative replies, they just show how the easiest way to interact is negativity. And there isn’t much moderation there , at most times.
    Good ideas don’t get much replies because there isn’t much negative to find on them; but as much as the bad ideas, they are being reviewed, considered and assessed by staff... maybe.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix1027 View Post
    Its human nature to want to criticize (perhaps critique?) rather than give praise for an idea. However there are plenty of people here who will point out the flaws and try to suggest a fix or an alternative. That kind of constructive feedback is what the forum needs more of, but when an idea is explicitly ruled out (i.e. on the ruled out ideas list) then there really isn't much more to say other than directing the poster to the ruled out ideas list. It's a shame that some people can be so quick to give so much toxic feedback (I admit I've done it before, I'm not perfect) but just look past the toxicity and think of ways your idea(s) can be improved or expanded on
    Hello Phoenix,

Thank you for your response. Perhaps youíre right, it could be human nature to be critical, but it seems to be more negative to me. Many threads are followed up with simple responses sayings itís not needed or itís a bad idea without necessarily any context or reason why, and threads with some good ideas are left to drop off the first page and into oblivion. I wish I had the chance to look past the toxicity on my threads but theyíve generated no interest whatsoever! But I guess that means theyíre not immediately awful

However, I do appreciate the irony in me posting here saying something negative about the people only being negative in the Ideas Sub!

Jack

Quote Originally Posted by PaluEF View Post
    Hello OP,
    And welcome to .. the IfR forum
    As you can see in the link ĎCOC-IFR explainedí in my signature below, this subforum doesnít work in the way youíd expect.
    About the various negative replies, they just show how the easiest way to interact is negativity. And there isnít much moderation there , at most times.
    Good ideas donít get much replies because there isnít much negative to find on them; but as much as the bad ideas, they are being reviewed, considered and assessed by staff... maybe.
    Hello Palu,

Thank you for your time too. I think youíre of the same opinion as me as to the Ideas Sub. To me itís a bit of a shame as Iím not sure I want to visit that area again when it could be a hotbed of ideas that the community works together on to tweek and improve. But maybe my expectations of a utopia are too high!

Thank you for the reading material too, Iím just about to start work so will have a browse through later, maybe Iíll learn something!

Jack
    Last edited by JumpingJack; 1 Week Ago at 08:49 AM.

CR Ideas and Feature Requests was a huge hit, unfortunately not the same for CoC.
    Jairus Lyles

if i quit this season i still be the greatest

8.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmille3 View Post
    CR Ideas and Feature Requests was a huge hit, unfortunately not the same for CoC.
    From the POV of the moderators, CR IFR was a real nuisance. Yes, it was far more popular than CoC IFR is, but that wasn't entirely a good thing, as the popularity largely came from a small clique of members who had strong ideas about what it should be and wanted to enforce those ideas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)