Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CWL IS exclusive not inclusive

CWL IS exclusive not inclusive

I like the concept and idea of CWL but you dropped the ball on set up. If you had done it on a points system where 3 th12 3 th11 10 9 8 each th12 worth 5 each th12 4 etc then clans would have to include lower th or forfeit an attack at 3 stars. 45 points worth of players. Also once a base is hit cant be rehit. This would of been more inclusive of low th now 15 players play, rest sit and watch for a week. This system also allows for better juggling of matches. Just my thoughts.
    Also this point system would make using an engineered base pointless as an engineered th11 base still counts as 4 points out of your 45 total base points.
    Last edited by Jethroskull; 2 Weeks Ago at 08:35 AM.

Not all clans have lower THs. Applying points based on the colour of a TH, is a maxers paradise. SC want players to progress, not perma max.
    Bases can be rehit, we've done this a few times already.

Engineered bases are pointless going forward, as only the first CWL round dictated your clans tier level by weight.
    Engineering has zero value, I promise you.

With only 15 possible initial tiers (excluding Champs) it's impossible to have completely fair matches.

Basically, SC are trying to encourage progression with rewards, and the carrot that this also brings better CWL results.
    I 've read a lot of feedback, that many casual clans are returning to war, after giving up on regular wars because of engineering. If anything this is inclusive in my opinion!
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 13 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...10-s-to-TH12-s My Spec : TH11, 50-49-20.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jethroskull View Post
    I like the concept and idea of CWL but you dropped the ball on set up. If you had done it on a points system where 3 th12 3 th11 10 9 8 each th12 worth 5 each th12 4 etc then clans would have to include lower th or forfeit an attack at 3 stars. 45 points worth of players. Also once a base is hit cant be rehit. This would of been more inclusive of low th now 15 players play, rest sit and watch for a week. This system also allows for better juggling of matches. Just my thoughts.
    Also this point system would make using an engineered base pointless as an engineered th11 base still counts as 4 points out of your 45 total base points.
    so, if i understand you right you want to fix your perceived problem of exclusion by... drum roll please.... exclusion! lol

also as a side note, using "you" above implies that you think super cell is reading and responding here. they are not, we are players just like you. if you think this idea is fantastic, feel free to send it to support.
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; 2 Weeks Ago at 01:08 PM.

Millennial Club
    sorry to pour on the hurt mate. But I also disagree with the proposal.
    It is an unweighted system. Obviously bigger is better. But the general idea is that people will, eventually, compete at a level that is equivalent to themselves. It will be skill based given time, as hall colour will make no difference to whom you match. So better players, that can hit above their weight, will match clans with higher weight, and parity will be achieved by default so far as actual performance is concerned.
    Now to your proposal. You want to penalise bigger accounts, to allow for an easier run for smaller clans.
    Hmm... Apart from guessing that you have a smaller clan, then this system will allow lesser clans to become king of the hill. Why should SC do that?. They are selling it as a way of people striving to be the best. The top clans, with their big bases, and better players, would be potentially unable to compete if they were unable to achieve the same score as teams with less than max hall in their break down. It would be a totally flawed system, with no way of overcoming the deficit, as the stars wouldnt even be on the board.
    Nope, I feel they got it right. The top clans will be where they deserve to be, and the rest will find their level. This way, we can all strive to improve, with both our accounts, and skill.
    But competition aside, cwl is a great way of obtaining rewards to assist with account growth within any clan. Results are very much secondary to this, in my opinion. At least in the early stages.

You fail to see my point. Clans will only look for high lvl th to fill the 15 . Even as lower th progress so will the higher town halls. CWL is only for high lvl town halls. And the rest get to sit around and watch the prima Donna's play. This league in no way is inclusive of lower th.

Millennial Club
    You fail to see my point. Clans will only look for high lvl th to fill the 15 . Even as lower th progress so will the higher town halls. CWL is only for high lvl town halls. And the rest get to sit around and watch the prima Donna's play. This league in no way is inclusive of lower th.
    I didnt fail to see your point. It was obvious from the conception, that bigger is better.
    But to penalise an account just to allow others of lower standing isnt justifiable in my opinion.
    Any clan that wishes to progress within cwl will, as you say, only use their best or biggest accounts. That is simply the way of an unweighted system.
    Rather than SC start changing it, those that dont like the concept would be better to simply avoid it, and continue with random spin.
    And they are not prima donnas, at least not in our clan. They are simply bigger and better. It is what it is, although we are applying a participation rather than competition approach, within reason. Obviously, a th6 isnt going to get a run out, when we carry some 12s.

I think it's worth just taking a step back, and thinking about the community as a whole, and by definition, the clans within it, and the players within those clans.

These are generalisations of course :-

1) The majority of players are 'casual' players. Clash of Clans is a 'pick up and play' mobile game, specifically designed to compete in this every growing, ever popular, and competitive market. Clash's main competition is what people decide to do with their time. This may be PubG, PokermonGo, Fortnite or Royale, but also Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Candy Crush etc etc

2) The majority of clans have mixed TH rosters. These rosters tend to incorporate likeminded players and THs, but there's often a functional spread. TH10-TH8 clans for example are probably unlikely to recruit/accept TH4s for example because of levelled donations. Full Max TH12 clans are a huge minority compared to the rest of the community as a whole.
    Lots of players these days have more than one account, but more often than not these accounts will be different TH levels, but possibly living in the same clan.

3) If we accept these generalisations, then by definition the majority of Clans entering CWL will be of mixed TH levels, whether those be TH9-TH7, or TH12-TH9(like my own!) Therefore CWL is inclusive.
    Of course 'bigger is better' but only really in terms of climbing the CWL tiers for a few extra medals.

I think lots of clans, and clan leaders will try to field mixed rosters for the long term benefit of the clan as a whole, and the players within it.
    It depends upon your goals, and that of your clan.
    Some clans will adopt a competitive 'climb, climb, climb' approach to CWL, only pushing their biggest guns, but this has it's issues, as pointed out by my esteemed GASP colleague Onyx is his excellent thread about 'Clan Leaders Survival Guide' :-

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...survival-guide

a) Unless your a fully max TH12 crew, sooner or later, you will hit a wall of stronger opponents and get crushed.
    b) You will alienate members of your clan with lower TH's, that may be great clan mates.

As Onyx points out :-

"If you try hard and win initially you will sit in a higher tier, and get somewhat more rewards. But in the long-term CWL isn't about winning; it's about maintaining that tier"

Keeping the above in mind , and educating your clan mates about the long term benefits of this strategy, I believe will benefit the majority (not all) of clans in the community!
    I fully intend to keep fielding mixed TH level rosters in our future CWL encounters!
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 13 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...10-s-to-TH12-s My Spec : TH11, 50-49-20.

Pro Member
    I didn't fail to see your point, but you clearly failed to see mine. You don't fix an exclusion issue (I don't agree that anyone is excluded but that is beside the point) by simply excluding a different set of people. Your proposal specifically excludes top level town halls and REQUIRES a clan to have lower level town halls to compete. Supercell's CWL does not do this at all, in fact there is no exclusion. The exclusion you are complaining about is done by your clan leaders. Maybe you need to look there before you ask Supercell to FORCE exclusion to fix your problem with clan leadership.
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; 2 Weeks Ago at 11:45 AM.
    Ancient Hunters War Clan Recruiting - TH8+
    TH10 - doug 30/38 heroes
    TMBG Low Level War Clan Recruiting - Wars with TH3-9
    TH10 - Doctor Worm 18/29 heroes

Millennial Club
    An interesting war in our cwl today.
    We are up against the group leaders.
    We have a roster that stretches from th12 down to th8, with balanced build bases throughout, apart from 1 rushed 12.
    They are well engineered. Hadnt looked previously, but they are the most engineered in the group, with 10.11 and 9.11 included.
    As an aside, this puts to bed any theory of it being defensively matched, but the match is a piece of strategic brilliance.
    They are much stronger at the top, but we are in full control of the bottom half.
    the winners will be the ones that pick their targets best, and hit home their attacks.
    Is a shame we didnt bring all war accounts for this one, as I think we could roll them.
    But, am showing this 1 war as an example that it doesnt have to be max halls to have fun within this format.
    It also shows that only having 1 attack per account is a great way of blunting offence weighted engineering.
    If it were random spin, they would steamroll us. As it is, we have a 50/50 chance of the win.
    Am really warming to cwl.

Lol so I can assume that by what Skrags is saying clan war league was made for casual players not hardcore war clans? Which doesn't make sense. How is CWL finding the best war clan in the game when the best war clans usually use 30+ people. We have th12-th10 in our clan, but how are we going to be in a tier low enough for th10 to war when we have 20 th12 on the roster? Are we supposed to leave out some of our th12 so our weight is lower and tell them sorry we can't let you have rewards? Of course not. The set up is weird to say the least, and has already caused division within our clan. We now have to take the members that want to do CWL to a different ckan, so it still hurts our other members as they wont get rewards for it. If we could do regular wars at the same time as CWL, EVERYTHING WOULD BE FINE. For some reason that's not possible, which makes no sense at all.
    TH12, AQ 60, BK 40, GW 27, max giga tesla. Loyal member of a level 17 war clan. Die hard Kansas Jayhawks fan!