Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CWL IS exclusive not inclusive

Quote Originally Posted by RockChalk28 View Post
    Lol so I can assume that by what Skrags is saying clan war league was made for casual players not hardcore war clans? Which doesn't make sense. .
    This is just my opinion. Since CWL was first muted many months ago, many regular forum peeps (myself included) warned against the adoption of an ELO based ladder system, because actually in the end the big hitters would rule the roost, and skill would be a side note.
    My comments are based on what we've actually received in the new Game mode. As things stand, it's a progression tool.
    Your comments about 30+ players is not a new one, and I've commented on it here :-

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post11961055

Perhaps some day, this will come to fruition!
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 13 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...10-s-to-TH12-s My Spec : TH11, 50-49-20.

i guess it was also a surprised because most people who knew anything about the other CWL knew they wouldn't accept a clan unless it had 30 members of a certain level. I know it's new, everyone has to be patient. It can be frustrating when others aren't so patient.
    TH12, AQ 60, BK 40, GW 27, max giga tesla. Loyal member of a level 17 war clan. Die hard Kansas Jayhawks fan!

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    An interesting war in our cwl today.
    We are up against the group leaders.
    We have a roster that stretches from th12 down to th8, with balanced build bases throughout, apart from 1 rushed 12.
    They are well engineered. Hadnt looked previously, but they are the most engineered in the group, with 10.11 and 9.11 included.
    As an aside, this puts to bed any theory of it being defensively matched, but the match is a piece of strategic brilliance.
    They are much stronger at the top, but we are in full control of the bottom half.
    the winners will be the ones that pick their targets best, and hit home their attacks.
    Is a shame we didnt bring all war accounts for this one, as I think we could roll them.
    But, am showing this 1 war as an example that it doesnt have to be max halls to have fun within this format.
    It also shows that only having 1 attack per account is a great way of blunting offence weighted engineering.
    If it were random spin, they would steamroll us. As it is, we have a 50/50 chance of the win.
    Am really warming to cwl.
    In SII, A lot in my clan complained about us being outmatched based on TH, and we were, consistently. However, one thing I really enjoyed was the strategizing the best attack choices and looking at a base and seeing if I could figure out a way to squeek out 1 or two stars on a TH7/8 with my TH6. Or 1-2 stars on a 9 with my TH7. So even in an outmatched format, and even if we had lost some of those, I enjoy the challenge presented.
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; 1 Week Ago at 05:04 PM.
    Ancient Hunters War Clan Recruiting - TH8+
    TH10 - doug 30/38 heroes
    TMBG Low Level War Clan Recruiting - Wars with TH3-9
    TH10 - Doctor Worm 18/29 heroes

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    In SII, A lot in my clan complained about us being outmatched based on TH, and we were, consistently. However, one thing I really enjoyed was the strategizing the best attack choices and looking at a base and seeing if I could figure out a way to squeek out 1 or two stars on a TH7/8 with my TH6. Or 1-2 stars on a 9 with my TH7. So even in an outmatched format, and even if we had lost some of those, I enjoy the challenge presented.
    Agree mate. We are winning 26-25 at the moment. We have 5 attacks left, they have 4. Defences seem well on top, some higher percentage misses. But I guess the top/bottom divide is playing its part.
    I had to trade hitting a 9 with my bigger 9, for hitting a 2 star on a 10, so our 10 with dragons could do the 9. He messed for a 2 star, but maybe wouldnt score against IT.
    We have a nervous th10, that has been left a decent target, and our rushed 12 only drops dragons.
    I have put out a message for him to hit their #3, as he can 2 star there, and everyone else at the top to target 2 star attacks.
    This will leave us 11 clear, with them having a max of 12 stars available. Is an exciting one. About time we needed some strategy to win. Has taken us up until war number 6 for this to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jethroskull View Post
    You fail to see my point. Clans will only look for high lvl th to fill the 15 . Even as lower th progress so will the higher town halls. CWL is only for high lvl town halls. And the rest get to sit around and watch the prima Donna's play. This league in no way is inclusive of lower th.
    I respectfully disagree. This may be the case in your experience, but not in mine.

Our feeder clan is mostly th6-th9. The CWL roster is only within that range, as that is that clanís regular war roster range. It is enjoying a good time playing against somewhat similar TH levels in CWL. This clan caps its war roster to give development opportunities to the lower th levels.

This particular clan is friendly with another similar clan, similar roster. They too are enjoying CWL greatly.

No one who wants to be in CWL wars is left out of our feeder clan, no exclusions except by any member who does not want in CWL.

If anything, our feeder clan excludes higher TH levels, though they have the opportunity to move to the main clan!

Centennial Club
    My 2 cents.. I really enjoyed the debut of the league wars although we definitely had some screwy matchups. Problems I can see it could definitely hurt a lot of clans as some could ultimately lose members due to people trying to jockey positions... it's hard enough sometimes finding 40+ people who are active..
    It this is gonna be a true league then make it like nascar...
    Use of town hall breakdowns... not everyone is maxed and smaller people want to play.
    Make it true skill kinda like the league wars now set breakdowns....

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by bartimusmaximus View Post
    My 2 cents.. I really enjoyed the debut of the league wars although we definitely had some screwy matchups. Problems I can see it could definitely hurt a lot of clans as some could ultimately lose members due to people trying to jockey positions... it's hard enough sometimes finding 40+ people who are active..
    It this is gonna be a true league then make it like nascar...
    Use of town hall breakdowns... not everyone is maxed and smaller people want to play.
    Make it true skill kinda like the league wars now set breakdowns....
    But due to it being unweighted, then everyone can play. Obviously, not everyone can aim for the top tier, as it will only be clans that have big halls, and top players, that will live there. But everyone can find their level, and enjoy playing against similar performing clans.
    To have a set breakdown, as you propose, will rule out any clan that cant fulfil the entry requirements. What about clans that dont carry x number of x hall level?
    All that is required, is for people to realise their clan is unlikely to become one of the elite top tier clans. Enjoy where the clan settles at, and work at being bigger and better, if progression is on the wanted list. Let 12s war with 12s, and 9s war with 9s. No need to mix them.

We run a mixed hall roster, nearly all balance build. The only issue I can see with this format is for big, active clans. I agree its a headache for them.
    But so far as competing goes.. To follow from my match quoted earlier, we beat a heavily offence engineered clan 37-35 in the end. If it was a random spin, they would have murdered us. With this 1 attack rule, then strategy can get you a long way. We could have cried mismatch. Instead we beat them. It seems to me that the best way of defeating off heavy engineering, is to take away the extra attack. 7 wins out of 7 matches. Think i like this game, until next season anyway.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; 1 Week Ago at 12:19 PM.

Centennial Club
    Not really. The mcwl had set breakdowns and was fun and kept clans together that have been together for a long time instead of breaking them up. So you could make a heavy league and then some smaller ones too. Why let smaller clans have a chance to compete for top dog within themselves?

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by bartimusmaximus View Post
    Not really. The mcwl had set breakdowns and was fun and kept clans together that have been together for a long time instead of breaking them up. So you could make a heavy league and then some smaller ones too. Why let smaller clans have a chance to compete for top dog within themselves?
    Then my advice is to join mcwl instead mate.
    Bear in mind we are talking about Clan War League, not Champions War League.
    In this league, the rules on hall sizes are that there arent any. That is the entry criteria as set out by the ruling body of this particular event.
    That said, then you wont ever get a small clan to be top dog (account wise), unless they change the entry rules. That is for the league ruling body to decide. Until then, as with any league, you either enter your clan to compete within the stipulated guidelines, or you dont enter.

Fresh Spawn
    Clan war leagues is a disaster for large clans without rewarding the entire clan with war wins. For 8 days the bottom half of my clan canít do anything but cheer for the top half and they receive no rewards. Now the bottom half wants to start their own clan which will destroy larger clans. The object in our clan is to make our middle and bottom clanners better and close the gap to the top players. Now they are going to fall further behind with only top 15 to 20 players receiving war win bonuses.. With only rewarding the participants in the 7 wars with the war wins, the bottom half of the clan will not be able to close that gap and will never be able to participate in CWLs battles so I canít blame them for leaving. By rewarding everyone rostered with war win medals then at least they are getting some rewards to and have a reason to stay in our clan.