Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Eight queens puzzle in CWL MMA

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    Yeah mate. That was season1. Season 1 was weighted, basically random spin x 7. It is normal for some clans to take a while to match, just look at the threads. Then multiply that by 7. For this reason they may have used a simpler MMA, rather than anything complex, as it was simply to get the ball rolling. Time and natural selection will take care of the rest.
    But going forward there is no need for a MMA, just simply match the tier badge. I still say it will pitch actual performance more than anything else, once each clan has finished with their "beefing up" strategy.
    Frain question about several hours to spin is very relevant, CWL matchmaking should be relatively fast, because

1. All clan will strictly use only 15 heaviest roster, this effectively increase the clan pool size many times
    2. from our experience the reduce a lot of parameters as mismatch in CWL is not as severe as in normal clan war with only 1 attack policy, i saw all of clans in our group would never match us in normal clan war.
    3. every day there are more then 500k-800k clans warring, so it is like 20k+/hours, with only 18 league to place them, the matchmaking should be almost instantly made the group.

So Frain has valid question.

Season 2 and beyond will still need to have weight as parameter for unranked clan that just join the CWL.
    https://www.clashofstats.com/clans/a...VLPP80/members

Engineered clan focused on crafting optimized bases

Quote Originally Posted by samratulangi View Post
    Frain question about several hours to spin is very relevant, CWL matchmaking should be relatively fast, because

1. All clan will strictly use only 15 heaviest roster, this effectively increase the clan pool size many times
    2. from our experience the reduce a lot of parameters as mismatch in CWL is not as severe as in normal clan war with only 1 attack policy, i saw all of clans in our group would never match us in normal clan war.
    3. every day there are more then 500k-800k clans warring, so it is like 20k+/hours, with only 18 league to place them, the matchmaking should be almost instantly made the group.

Season 2 and beyond will still need to have weight as parameter for unranked clan that just join the CWL.
    Yes, top 15 weight will be used for clans entering leagues for the first time in order to place them in the appropriate tier. There is no matchmaking within the tiers. It is random within the tier.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My legends hope: 14 hours daily search limit to reduce advantage of account sharing; black clouds screen; Legends3 5000-5499 cups, Legends2 5500-5999, Legends1 6000+ and titans/champs canít attack Legends1 or 2 players; while in clouds let us watch war, donate, do FCs, base design. Make a separate PvP trophy ladder option for all, others found here.

Millennial Club

In answer to your point 1. It depends on the roster they try to match with, as to search time. If they put the same roster into cwl season 1, or for the first time in subsequent seasons that cant get a match in random spin, then why would it match any quicker?. It is weighted first time around.

Point 2. I agree with you, that the single attack levels the playing field. Which is a good reason to not have matching within the tiers, something I have been advocating. We beat our league winners, wouldnt have happened with a random spin war/2 attacks per account. But the 1 attack policy should have no bearing on the actual draw. that was done using a weighted system.

Point 3. I agree again, and expect the cwl draw to be super quick going forward. They are, after all, only trying to match tier badges.

So i still dont see any relevance, that cant be explained away.
    And Season 2, as you say, wont need any weighting except for a new entry to cwl, so wont impact on any clan that has already done a season, other than end up in the same group. But only the "new" clan will have used the MM, and nobody else within that group of 8.
    The new clan will receive a tier based on top 15 weight, and will be treated like any other clan within that tier.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; 1 Week Ago at 06:46 PM.

I hope it isn’t too quick. I don’t think it should be set up such that you are instantly matched with 7 other clans searching at the same time. A short built-in delay would decrease the chance of clans intentionally matching in the same leagues.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My legends hope: 14 hours daily search limit to reduce advantage of account sharing; black clouds screen; Legends3 5000-5499 cups, Legends2 5500-5999, Legends1 6000+ and titans/champs canít attack Legends1 or 2 players; while in clouds let us watch war, donate, do FCs, base design. Make a separate PvP trophy ladder option for all, others found here.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    I hope it isn’t too quick. I don’t think it should be set up such that you are instantly matched with 7 other clans searching at the same time. A short built-in delay would decrease the chance of clans intentionally matching in the same leagues.
    How many clans do cwl?. 500k wars per day equates to 5.787 per minute so could pose a problem in that area.
    But I feel many weekend warriors will bolster those figures, and sign up only lasts 2 days.
    Any delay would have to be random, in order to stop love matches tho. Are SC really that concerned about a few clans trying to hand pick their war buddies.
    I dont think this new system is in any way complex, nor has had much thought about small details,so feel it will simply be press go, see who you get.

Millennial Club
    In answer to your point 1. It depends on the roster they try to match with, as to search time. If they put the same roster into cwl season 1, or for the first time in subsequent seasons that cant get a match in random spin, then why would it match any quicker?. It is weighted first time around.

Point 2. I agree with you, that the single attack levels the playing field. Which is a good reason to not have matching within the tiers, something I have been advocating. We beat our league winners, wouldnt have happened with a random spin war/2 attacks per account. But the 1 attack policy should have no bearing on the actual draw. that was done using a weighted system.

Point 3. I agree again, and expect the cwl draw to be super quick going forward. They are, after all, only trying to match tier badges.

So i still dont see any relevance, that cant be explained away.
    And Season 2, as you say, wont need any weighting except for a new entry to cwl, so wont impact on any clan that has already done a season, other than end up in the same group. But only the "new" clan will have used the MM, and nobody else within that group of 8.
    The new clan will receive a tier based on top 15 weight, and will be treated like any other clan within that tier.
    Point 1&3 is actually mutual, because in normal war matchmaking every matched clan must be having very close value of parameters, so every match is almost unique, so matching will take much longer with so many different weight brackets and other parameter, but in CWL actually if there is NO MATCHMAKING within league tier, THEN every clan will just get their 15 top bases weighted and flagged #1-18 of the league tier, which should happen instantly when the clan enter the cwl match pool. But still some clan got match very fast within minutes, while some clan get hours to matched

Millennial Club
    How many clans do cwl?. 500k wars per day equates to 5.787 per minute so could pose a problem in that area.
    But I feel many weekend warriors will bolster those figures, and sign up only lasts 2 days.
    Any delay would have to be random, in order to stop love matches tho. Are SC really that concerned about a few clans trying to hand pick their war buddies.
    I dont think this new system is in any way complex, nor has had much thought about small details,so feel it will simply be press go, see who you get.
    not 500k wars, 500-700k clans, so 50% or less war declared

500k clans divided by 24*60= 352 clans per minutes, if. All clans distributed nicely to every league, there will be almost 20 clans fill every tier of the league per minute, so cwl match should happen almost immediately
    Last edited by samratulangi; 1 Week Ago at 06:47 AM.

Millennial Club
    not 500k wars, 500-700k clans, so 50% or less war declared

500k clans divided by 24*60= 352 clans per minutes, if. All clans distributed nicely to every league, there will be almost 20 clans fill every tier of the league per minute, so cwl match should happen almost immediately
    Yep. what a dummy I am. I converted to "per second". shouldnt try to do math after work I suppose.
    But how can points 1 and 3 be mutual, when one is weighted match, and the other is simply by tier. Or war weight and performance.

Millennial Club
    Yep. what a dummy I am. I converted to "per second". shouldnt try to do math after work I suppose.
    But how can points 1 and 3 be mutual, when one is weighted match, and the other is simply by tier. Or war weight and performance.
    because with only 15 size of wars point 1, and only 18 weight brackets, both makes matchmaking would be very simple within seconds or maybe milisecond in server time, can u imagine if the size of cwl vary from 5, 10,15,20, 25, 30, 40 & 50 times 18, so there will be 8 times more possibility, even tho should be still fast

Considering of Tier and Weight, I don't believe it will cause some of clans spin several hours to match.
    So I also believe it might also work on second round of CWL, in each tier, still have MMA issue, but the rule we still don't know.
    In same tier, it owns different match model due to lineup.