Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31

Thread: Eight queens puzzle in CWL MMA

  1. #11
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Druidia
    Posts
    700
    Based on the clans we were seeing in S2, it felt like they may have simply used total gold weight of the top 15 bases, with pre-determined gold weight ranges for each of the tiers. I don't feel like in a normal war that we would have matched any clans like the ones we matched in CWL.
    Ancient Hunters War Clan Recruiting - TH8+
    TH10 - doug 30/38 heroes
    TMBG Low Level War Clan Recruiting - Wars with TH3-9
    TH10 - Doctor Worm 18/29 heroes

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    376
    I think this topic might be too hard to explain if forumers don't know 8q question too much.

    We're done on my mini-account team,
    https://imgur.com/a/KRuVgR6

    All showing name is mime, I play 12 accounts in the clan and 11 accounts got 21 star*.
    The Game 42:39 was becaused I put FWA bases for them, oppo clan ask me let them get more stars (under the table).
    Each of my account awards ~300 without contribution.
    Easy win and easy rewards.

  3. #13
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Druidia
    Posts
    700
    i think we used recursion to solve the problem in one of my c++ classes a long time ago. like i said earlier, i don't understand why they would use such an algorithm when random chance should work fine. i.e. taking all silver 2 and popping them into a groups and closing when there's 8 in the group. maybe you can explain why they would want to do matchmaking inside the tiers?

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    376
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    i think we used recursion to solve the problem in one of my c++ classes a long time ago. like i said earlier, i don't understand why they would use such an algorithm when random chance should work fine. i.e. taking all silver 2 and popping them into a groups and closing when there's 8 in the group. maybe you can explain why they would want to do matchmaking inside the tiers?
    Because of standard deviation !
    8 teams will have similar SD, different team models in same Tier still need MMA
    Total weight (both on Defense and Offense) will decide which tier you stand on,
    Degree of dispersionwill decide your match model.
    Last edited by frainlll; 1 Week Ago at 05:47 AM.

  5. #15
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1,226
    Quote Originally Posted by frainlll View Post
    Because of standard deviation !
    8 teams will have similar SD, different team models in same Tier still need MMA
    Total weight (both on Defense and Offense) will decide which tier you stand on,
    Degree of dispersionwill decide your match model.
    Our. Low weight clan on. Silver1, and I saw so much difference In every clan SD, some clan has th12 followed by very low th6&7, some clan has only th8-10, so the SD value must have big difference
    https://www.clashofstats.com/clans/a...VLPP80/members

    Engineered clan focused on crafting optimized bases

  6. #16
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    NE England, UK.
    Posts
    1,478
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    i think we used recursion to solve the problem in one of my c++ classes a long time ago. like i said earlier, i don't understand why they would use such an algorithm when random chance should work fine. i.e. taking all silver 2 and popping them into a groups and closing when there's 8 in the group. maybe you can explain why they would want to do matchmaking inside the tiers?
    Quote Originally Posted by frainlll View Post
    Because of standard deviation !
    8 teams will have similar SD, different team models in same Tier still need MMA
    Total weight (both on Defense and Offense) will decide which tier you stand on,
    Degree of dispersionwill decide your match model.
    Quote Originally Posted by samratulangi View Post
    Our. Low weight clan on. Silver1, and I saw so much difference In every clan SD, some clan has th12 followed by very low th6&7, some clan has only th8-10, so the SD value must have big difference
    Sorry Frain. I am an admirer of your "understanding of the engine room" in coc (but to be fair, I havent looked at the 8 queen rule/puzzle).
    But for CWL, I, like Puma, cant see a reason for SC wanting to put any time into matching.
    I still feel that CWL will be based on a clans actual performance, rather than the weights used to actually achieve it.
    Obviously, it will take a while to reach that point, as clans look for, then settle into their tier. But going forward, apart from the top tiers, I expect to see different size halls within each one, that can simply be matched randomly in order to achieve an "actual performance" similarity, and create an environment in which clans of any ability can compete.
    I may be wrong, but I do think this is what SC has set out to achieve with this format.
    If this is the case, then people calling mismatch within cwl can be answered with a copy and paste answer, as roster break down will be irrelevant.

  7. #17
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Druidia
    Posts
    700
    Let's assume they are trying to match within the tiers. If they were doing this I feel this could cause promotion issues. For instance, let's say there are 16 clans, half of them are near the top of the tier (weight-wise), and the other half are near the bottom. If they grouped them as to minimize the standard deviation you would have one group with the top 8 and a second with the bottom 8. This would result in promotion of 2 of the heaviest and 2 of the lightest. Certainly they would not want it to work this way.

    To be clear "because of standard deviation" is not an answer to the "why" that all of us are trying to get answered. You're presenting what seems to be a complicated solution to a non-existent problem. That is why I feel like I am missing the point you are trying to make.

    Perhaps I am misunderstanding?
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; 1 Week Ago at 08:22 PM.
    Ancient Hunters War Clan Recruiting - TH8+
    TH10 - doug 30/38 heroes
    TMBG Low Level War Clan Recruiting - Wars with TH3-9
    TH10 - Doctor Worm 18/29 heroes

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by frainlll View Post
    Because of standard deviation !
    8 teams will have similar SD, different team models in same Tier still need MMA
    Total weight (both on Defense and Offense) will decide which tier you stand on,
    Degree of dispersionwill decide your match model.
    Why do clans within the same tier “need” any sort of matchmaking other than the fact that they are in the same tier?
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My legends hope: 14 hours daily search limit to reduce advantage of account sharing; black clouds screen; Legends3 5000-5499 cups, Legends2 5500-5999, Legends1 6000+ and titans/champs canít attack Legends1 or 2 players; while in clouds let us watch war, donate, do FCs, base design. Make a separate PvP trophy ladder option for all, others found here.

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    376
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    Let's assume they are trying to match within the tiers. If they were doing this I feel this could cause promotion issues. For instance, let's say there are 16 clans, half of them are near the top of the tier (weight-wise), and the other half are near the bottom. If they grouped them as to minimize the standard deviation you would have one group with the top 8 and a second with the bottom 8. This would result in promotion of 2 of the heaviest and 2 of the lightest. Certainly they would not want it to work this way.

    To be clear "because of standard deviation" is not an answer to the "why" that all of us are trying to get answered. You're presenting what seems to be a complicated solution to a non-existent problem. That is why I feel like I am missing the point you are trying to make.

    Perhaps I am misunderstanding?
    From my observation in the first CWL, Some of clans took several hours to spin, if it count by total weight (or average weight) for a clan, I believe it will match soon, but not. CWL MMA is simpler than 2x attact CW but still need some MMA works in same tier due to every clan owns different lineup even their total weight are similar.

    For CWL, how to gain advantage from bottom is easier than CW on the top, if you check my ever posted.

  10. #20
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    NE England, UK.
    Posts
    1,478
    Quote Originally Posted by frainlll View Post
    From my observation in the first CWL, Some of clans took several hours to spin, if it count by total weight (or average weight) for a clan, I believe it will match soon, but not. CWL MMA is simpler than 2x attact CW but still need some MMA works in same tier due to every clan owns different lineup even their total weight are similar.

    For CWL, how to gain advantage from bottom is easier than CW on the top, if you check my ever posted.
    Yeah mate. That was season1. Season 1 was weighted, basically random spin x 7. It is normal for some clans to take a while to match, just look at the threads. Then multiply that by 7. For this reason they may have used a simpler MMA, rather than anything complex, as it was simply to get the ball rolling. Time and natural selection will take care of the rest.
    But going forward there is no need for a MMA, just simply match the tier badge. I still say it will pitch actual performance more than anything else, once each clan has finished with their "beefing up" strategy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •