Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Battles are a killer

Battles are a killer

Why is it that it seems the battles are so uneven lately? I have, I believe, a decent base setup and yet every time I get attacked, itís by an opponent that has maxed out heroes and troops that are a TH level above me. I get taken for 100% destruction and 100ís of thousands in loot every time. I know, I know, update my base further, but there has got to be something that can be done to better balance out the battles.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    You can also change your league. In my experience, that's the easiest way to improve your game experience. If you're getting crushed where you are, move down to a lower league.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 18 - 641 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Fan Content Policy

How can a clan do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Michaelleone101 View Post
    Why is it that it seems the battles are so uneven lately? I have, I believe, a decent base setup and yet every time I get attacked, itís by an opponent that has maxed out heroes and troops that are a TH level above me. I get taken for 100% destruction and 100ís of thousands in loot every time. I know, I know, update my base further, but there has got to be something that can be done to better balance out the battles.
    If youíre a lower townhall and are above 3200 trophies, that may be your problem. Below 3200 the game will match your base with those at your same townhall level most of the time. Above 3200 there is no mechanism to shelter you from higher townhalls. If the majority of bases above 3200 trophies are higher townhall levels than you, then you will rarely be matched with your own townhall level on defense.

Well then I do believe additional filters should be put in place. Especially with the continued updates to the game.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Michaelleone101 View Post
    How can a clan do that?
    Every raid you fail will take trophies from your total. When you lose enough trophies, the game will move you into a lower league. The experience is different in each league, but generally speaking, the further down you go, the less competitive it becomes. Search for a village, drop one of your heroes in a corner away from any defenses (or use its ability when needed) and immediately surrender. If you do that enough, the trophies will drop off, you'll move into lower leagues, and you'll find a much different experience than what you've been encountering.

Just be wary of moving too far down. In addition to it taking longer to find a village to attack, you may find yourself being picked apart by players who cannot beat you and will not give you a shield. Check the experience in each league until you find one that suits you, or check with other players, like Reefus above, for a recommended trophy count/league. Your Townhall level and a brief description of your progress is usually enough for other players to make a good recommendation.

Good luck and Happy Clashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shark Skellington View Post
    Every raid you fail will take trophies from your total. When you lose enough trophies, the game will move you into a lower league. The experience is different in each league, but generally speaking, the further down you go, the less competitive it becomes. Search for a village, drop one of your heroes in a corner away from any defenses (or use its ability when needed) and immediately surrender. If you do that enough, the trophies will drop off, you'll move into lower leagues, and you'll find a much different experience than what you've been encountering.

Just be wary of moving too far down. In addition to it taking longer to find a village to attack, you may find yourself being picked apart by players who cannot beat you and will not give you a shield. Check the experience in each league until you find one that suits you, or check with other players, like Reefus above, for a recommended trophy count/league. Your Townhall level and a brief description of your progress is usually enough for other players to make a good recommendation.

He is talking about clan war league. You just have to lose your war, bottom 2 move down a league.
    Last edited by Huaniraj2; October 31st, 2018 at 12:11 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark Skellington View Post

That’s actually really useful for the Unbreakable achievement.

9.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Huaniraj2 View Post
    He is talking about clan war league. You just have to lose your war, bottom 2 move down a league.
    I wondered that as well, but in his OP he clearly says losing hundreds of thousands in loot every time and references “lately.” You don’t lose any loot in Clan War League and since this if the first one, it’d be difficult to compare this season with any other time. Seems more likely that he just misspoke when saying “clan” than to be that confused.

I was referring to main base battles. Thanks all for the recommendations. I will just have to weigh the difference between higher leagues and associated battle bonuses and shield times with the amount of loot I lose at each level.