Thread: Clan War League Matchmaking

Fresh Spawn

Thumbs up Clan War League Matchmaking

I think there is a huge problem with the matchmaking system for Clan War Leagues, our clan has two TH12s and the clan we're facing has 7. How are we supposed to win and get war stars with it so unevenly matched up? Also, in our league, our clan is level 5, and every single other clan is level 11-15, I'm not sure how we matched up with them. I would like to know if this is how it is intended to be, or if there was a mistake with our clan matchup. Also, at the bottom of our War League are three TH8s, where the other teams bottom are all TH9s. How are we supposed to earn war stars and other loot if this is how we match up?

https://imgur.com/a/t1tqmOH

Our clan has the same problem. We have 2 th12 and most of the other clans have 7 th12s. We were started out in masters 3 and I feel we dont have a chance. Plus it's going to be hard to hold a clan together when you must play your top 15 members to have any chance in league. Love the game, just afraid this will hurt coc in the long run.

Fresh Spawn
    I signed up for this forum just so i can give my feedback. The match ups are not working at all and it is very unfair at the moment. For example my next day war match up opponent clan picked 30 participants who are all th12 , while i only have 10x th12, of which not all of them will be in war. So i got a th9 who has to battle against a th12? This is not a test of skill, we're getting slaughtered here. This needs to be fixed asap, been a loyal player for 2 yrs, i love playing clan wars and hated when i saw an engineered base, this is like playing a clan war with 80% engineered bases, that is not a test of skill! ur putting me off the game supercell! The match up needs to consider war weight ( with engineered bases fixed) and from that then u consider skill based on max stars obtained from 7 days of war. Anyone else who has this problem pls reply so supercell can fix this. Thank you
    Last edited by Vvince86; October 27th, 2018 at 01:24 PM.

Forum Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Vvince86 View Post
    I signed up for this forum just so i can give my feedback. The match ups are not working at all and it is very unfair at the moment. For example my next day war match up opponent clan picked 30 participants who are all th12 , while i only have 10x th12, of which not all of them will be in war. So i got a th9 who has to battle against a th12? This is not a test of skill, we're getting slaughtered here. This needs to be fixed asap, been a loyal player for 2 yrs, i love playing clan wars and hated when i saw an engineered base, this is like playing a clan war with 80% engineered bases, that is not a test of skill! ur putting me off the game supercell! The match up needs to consider war weight ( with engineered bases fixed) and from that then u consider skill based on max stars obtained from 7 days of war. Anyone else who has this problem pls reply so supercell can fix this. Thank you
    It will be “fixed” although that’s not the proper word. This first CWL is the only time your clan is matched by weight. After this week, everyone one will be in a league tier with other clans of similar strength. You match with other clans in your league and the strength of your clan will determine if you go up, down or stay in the league you are in. Eventually, everyone will settle into a league that suits their clans strength. It’s a ladder based system like Builder Base.

We only have two TH12s and I expected to face nothing buy TH12s and 11s. I can't figure out why you're surprised.

We are doing better than I thought. We won our first two but we are only in gold 1.

Winning, and we probably will win the season will only make it harder on us next time.

We/You/Us will fall or rise to the league where we belong and it will get better. I think that's what Bigdome said too.

Signature Banner from ClashofHolmes
    Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Join us on Discord
    Player Tag: ​#20RRP9UQ8

There is no matching making that's what isn't being understood... There's 15 leagues everyone was placed in based on the initial weight of the 15 heaviest accounts on your roster. Once your clan was placed in a league your clan was randomly matched with 7 other clans in your league and that's it. Some matches maybe be even, some in your favor, some wildly not so but that's the nature of a random system.

Over time more skilled clans with stronger lineups will naturally move up and weaker ones will move down to where they ultimately work better.
    Last edited by BloodyIrishman; October 27th, 2018 at 06:22 PM.

Level 18
    - 2,124/18,500| Master II
    BloodyIrishman - TH12 [Level 202] - #2 in TH12 Hall of Fame
    Follow this link if you're interested in joining!

our current match up is going to be an absolute slaughter.... our top 2 bases match theirs... and that is where it ends. going down the list, they are up to 3 town halls higher to the corresponding number... i have a town hall 7(just made 7 so camps are upgrading and troops are still th6 level....) im paired up against a mid level th 9 with x bows... all the while i'm basically a th6 attacking level. my wife is a low level th8 and paired up with a high level th 9 with almost everything maxed....

6 of our low level players th5-th8 are all paired up with th9's and one engineered th11.....

so far they have 3 stared all our bases, we have gotten none. my wife loves dragon attacks and managed 49% but those 4 air defences destroyed her attack. i didn't even get 40% against the base i had to attack, the xpows mowed down my ground troops even with a healer on them.

i just want to turn off these insanely stupid league war system and do some regular wars..... at least there i have a chance.
    Last edited by speedracer74; October 27th, 2018 at 10:59 PM.

The Clan War League is the worst thing Supercell has come up with since the Barbarian Rams. The developers obviously didn't think things through. No common sense. We have 5 TH 12s, 10 TH 11s. We get matched with a clan that has 15 TH 12s. What [removed] is this? We're in Round III. None of the matchups are fair. Clan War League = War only for TH 12s

Supercell developers only care about revenue. They don't care about gameplay or the users. This is OBVIOUSLY their scheme in getting people to rush to TH 12. In the process, people buy gems and these dumb offers from the Shop. That's what Supercell wants. $$$

Sooner or later, people will quit.
    Last edited by SharkyFinn; October 29th, 2018 at 04:55 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ddrboi2003 View Post
    The Clan War League is the worst thing Supercell has come up with since the Barbarian Rams. The developers obviously didn't think things through. No common sense. We have 5 TH 12s, 10 TH 11s. We get matched with a clan that has 15 TH 12s. What [removed] is this? We're in Round III. None of the matchups are fair. Clan War League = War only for TH 12s

Supercell developers only care about revenue. They don't care about gameplay or the users. This is OBVIOUSLY their scheme in getting people to rush to TH 12. In the process, people buy gems and these dumb offers from the Shop. That's what Supercell wants. $$$

Sooner or later, people will quit.
    It's funny how you accuse them about only caring about money but it's obvious from your post that you have no understanding of how cwl works

Stop thinking about cwlMatchmaking like a war matchmaking and more like multiplayer matchmaking.
    Last edited by SharkyFinn; October 29th, 2018 at 04:55 PM.