Thread: Clan War Leagues - 5 proposed user interface and design changes

Clan War Leagues - 5 proposed user interface and design changes

The CWL design and user interface looks and works great! But, I'd like to propose some design changes that I think would improve it:
    1. CWL icon on homepage: One of the best features from years ago was the animated sword showing that a battle was happening. The new CWL icon has a shimmer that goes around the edge looks really cool. The problem is it keeps catching the corner of my eye so it makes me think someone is attacking so I keep looking over. I'd really love that NOT to be animated so when you do see movement it means a battle is happening.
    2. CWL war map screen THs: The screen looks cool, but the TH icons and names are so tiny even on my iPad. I'd love for these to be the same size as the regular war icons. Even if it means tightening them up or stacking them a bit more.
    3. CWL war map screen background: The background is cool but just too busy. The simple regular map is much easier on the eyes.
    4. Season Info Group Tab: Add a column for record (wins and losses) AND number of attacks completed. Total stars isn't as useful as it could be because you don't know many attacks each clan has done in the middle of a round. Maybe even allow other clans to view any war map (can't see base though) from your group? Side note: It would be cool if you are allowed to watch live attacks happening in any war from your group on the final day ONLY.
    5. Live attack ! icon on war map: If you are scrolled to near the bottom, the ! still shows up even when you see the bottom base. Seems like a very minor glitch.

New Bloke/Chick
    Quote Originally Posted by Red777 View Post
    The CWL design and user interface looks and works great! But, I'd like to propose some design changes that I think would improve it:
    1. CWL icon on homepage: One of the best features from years ago was the animated sword showing that a battle was happening. The new CWL icon has a shimmer that goes around the edge looks really cool. The problem is it keeps catching the corner of my eye so it makes me think someone is attacking so I keep looking over. I'd really love that NOT to be animated so when you do see movement it means a battle is happening.
    2. CWL war map screen THs: The screen looks cool, but the TH icons and names are so tiny even on my iPad. I'd love for these to be the same size as the regular war icons. Even if it means tightening them up or stacking them a bit more.
    3. CWL war map screen background: The background is cool but just too busy. The simple regular map is much easier on the eyes.
    4. Season Info Group Tab: Add a column for record (wins and losses) AND number of attacks completed. Total stars isn't as useful as it could be because you don't know many attacks each clan has done in the middle of a round. Maybe even allow other clans to view any war map (can't see base though) from your group? Side note: It would be cool if you are allowed to watch live attacks happening in any war from your group on the final day ONLY.
    5. Live attack ! icon on war map: If you are scrolled to near the bottom, the ! still shows up even when you see the bottom base. Seems like a very minor glitch.
    I m with you in this request. Especially 4. is the reason for me to come to this part of the forum.
    Thanks for saving me from writing that much.

Totally agree.

1) The shimmer catches my eye all the time. Driving me nuts.
    2 & 3) The new map screen is terrible. Fire the designer. Get rid of all that garbage, rocks, and horns too.
    4) Especially in early rounds, I'd like to know if we're going up against a bad clan or not next so I can select my roster appropriately.
    5) Haven't seen it, but ok.

These are great ideas.
    1. Doesn't bother me but won't care if the shimmer is gone.
    2. I agree that the town halls seem small.
    3. I actually like the war map. I'm in Masters and it's snowy. But it's trees all on one side and the town hall on the other side. Maybe they can increase the size of the towns halls and make it so the town halls are among the trees spread out over the entire width of the map.
    4. My thoughts exactly. Stars isn't as useful as stars per attack or stars with number of attacks used is.
    5. I would for sure use this if the war my clan was in a close match with a clan in another war.
    th12: 65/65/40 | 61/63/36 | 57/62/31
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornswoggle View Post
    I totally understand, that there are several leauges in each tier. That is so obvious, that it is insulting to act, like I didn't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornswoggle View Post
    I know, it isn't easy for normal people to understand the thoughts of a genius.

CWL war map screen THs: The screen looks cool, but the TH icons and names are so tiny even on my iPad. I'd love for these to be the same size as the regular war icons. Even if it means tightening them up or stacking them a bit more.

CWL war map screen background: The background is cool but just too busy. The simple regular map is much easier on the eyes.
    ^^. The reason why THs are larger in regular wars is because your team THs are the only ones on the screen, and your enemies are on another screen, while in CWL, all THs are on one screen, close to each other, not mentioning the animations around them (I don't think that has to do with their size though). However, if SC could separate each team THs to a screen (just like regular wars), that would solve the issue IMO.

Maybe even allow other clans to view any war map (can't see base though) from your group?
    But wouldn't this let you prepare your roaster appropriately? I mean, viewing war maps of other clans will give you info about who you should include when you encounter those clans in the upcoming rounds. This is why you can't see any of the enemy bases in any preparation day during the week of CWL.

Side note: It would be cool if you are allowed to watch live attacks happening in any war from your group on the final day ONLY.
    Since it's final day only, I have to agree. Would be fun without giving more advantage as there're no rounds left.

Live attack ! icon on war map: If you are scrolled to near the bottom, the ! still shows up even when you see the bottom base. Seems like a very minor glitch.
    This has even been an issue on regular wars as well, not only on CWL. Like when you stop spectating a live war attack, that "!" appears like there's another attack happening, while in fact there isn't. It stops appearing when the base that's being attacked is at the middle of your screen, that's not the intention of that exclamation mark. A little fix would be to make that mark appear if the base is completely out of the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSarlacc View Post
    I m with you in this request. Especially 4. is the reason for me to come to this part of the forum.
    Thanks for saving me from writing that much.
    lol, you're welcome!

[QUOTE=ZoneRGH;11954759]^^. But wouldn't this let you prepare your roaster appropriately? I mean, viewing war maps of other clans will give you info about who you should include when you encounter those clans in the upcoming rounds. This is why you can't see any of the enemy bases in any preparation day during the week of CWL.

Well, most teams are using their strongest rosters I bet. Unless you can see their actual base I don't think this would be an advantage to know what TH they just started in a certain slot.