Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: War ban

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    There should be one of two states:
    a) Allow inequities (as they do today, and always have since day 1), or ....
    b) Do not allow any inequities.

Your suggestion does not remove all inequeties, it simply proposes "this one is fine, but we will ignore the others". Things that promote inequities of donated troops:
    a) You have a donor source (either within the clan itself, or external) that is not in the war which has higher level troops to donate than any war participant (only inequity both you and op address).
    b) Clan level differences. When my clan first formed, there were already Level 10 clans, and we faced them often. They got a +2 level boost for both CC offense and CC defense troops.
    c) Highest level player(s) in war (if both sides Level 1 Clans, for example) : Both are TH 10, but one has upgraded lab, and some troops, yet other has yet to do so.

If equity is indeed the objective for "troops donated in war", it would have to be a complex rule of: "Compare donation levels (including clan perks) troops of the highest level of each individual troop in both clans and then limit all troops used by either side to that imposed limiter".

I accept there are indeed inequities, have lived with it since I began playing years ago. Now just a gut feeling .... This is not about attack CC troops, the CC troops pale in number to Army Camp troops. Rather, it is about Siege Machines. I remember simular arguments years ago, when some clans had players with Dragons unlocked, while others did not.

My suggestion removes the inequity of an external high level troop donor, whether in the clan or outside of the clan. This inequity has become a more visible inequity to active high level players since the introdocution of siege engines. However, it has always been there for baby clans of baby players, eg wars, TH3-5, but where one side has access max troops.

Donor source inequity is worth addressing, and is solved by only allowing attack CC filling by the war party. Easy.

Inequity (b), clan level differences? This is not an unfair inequity, achieving high clan level deserves some rewards. If you are not good enough to swim in difficult water, get into an existing clan. No removal of this inequity is wanted.

Inequity (c) Someone has an upgraded lab? This is an actual consequence of playing tha game strategically. If you delay upgrading your troops, you should suffer the natural consequence. This is not an inequity.

Yes, inequity (a) is about siege engines, in large part. It is also about small-space high-power troops, like miners, hogs, bowlers, that can create a overpowered CC for low TH wars. Yes, people complained about dragons, but there was no real issue because little THs don't have space for dragons.

When the game was young, and Clan Wars first added, TH 7 (Dragon producer) was still rare (not many beyond Beta population), yet a TH 6 CC can hold one. Same complaints aired back then, are mute now, just as the SM will be a mute point in the future as TH 12 becomes the meta.

So a old clan who has been around long enough to reach level 10 has earned the right to an advantage over a new clan, yet a clan at any level that was able to recruit and retain a TH 12 did nothing? If reaching level 10 earns you that right (you want it, you must wait to earn it), then why not "if you want the right to an SM, you go out and attract a 12"? Also, how many players were in the clan during it's rise to level 10? All, or some? Only thing some do is join an existing level 10 clan, to get that donation advantage, they earned nothing. So yes, some now join clans with TH 12s for an advantage that neither they earned.

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    When the game was young, and Clan Wars first added, TH 7 (Dragon producer) was still rare (not many beyond Beta population), yet a TH 6 CC can hold one. Same complaints aired back then, are mute now, just as the SM will be a mute point in the future as TH 12 becomes the meta.

So a old clan who has been around long enough to reach level 10 has earned the right to an advantage over a new clan, yet a clan at any level that was able to recruit and retain a TH 12 did nothing? If reaching level 10 earns you that right (you want it, you must wait to earn it), then why not "if you want the right to an SM, you go out and attract a 12"? Also, how many players were in the clan during it's rise to level 10? All, or some? Only thing some do is join an existing level 10 clan, to get that donation advantage, they earned nothing. So yes, some now join clans with TH 12s for an advantage that neither they earned.
    I think I remember the times. People would advertise (in their clan description?) "we have healers", and "free co-leader".

There weren't clan wars, and then when there were, the whole clan was in, and the war winner was the clan who got better attendance.

The best use of the dragon donor was to put dragons in TH6+ clan castles for defense. That was fair. I remember it being expensive. Even when others got dragons, only mine were max.

The +2 level bonus on donations is very nice. We want to keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by Keresh View Post
    Players leave clan during a war to get troops from other clans . Returning to attack in war overpowering attacks . Clan wars are based on clans. Ban from attacking if you leave your clan during war. Let them loose their attack . True clashes work with what they have 👌
    so what if they already have max th12 in their clan for donating troops...i dont think its unfair...its completely okay to get max troops in their CC.