Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Add Time Penalty After Leave Clan

Add Time Penalty After Leave Clan

This game has a issue with vagrant players who both join and leave clans incessantly. I think it'd be helpful if there was some sort of time penalty applied whenever a player exits a clan. For example, if I left a clan right now, then I'd have to wait 1-12 hrs (any amount of time would do) before I could join another clan. The time penalty would both encourage stability within clans, and cut down on spying during clan wars.

P.s. This is already a feature used in other games for above reasons (one game in particular, "Summoners Wars", has a 12hr timeout).
    Last edited by JonnyTsun; October 26th, 2018 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Clarification

What about people who just leave to go donate a siege machine to a friend or go to a sister clan?
    th12: 60/60/30 | 60/60/30 | 60/60/29 | 60/60/30
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornswoggle View Post
    I totally understand, that there are several leauges in each tier. That is so obvious, that it is insulting to act, like I didn't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornswoggle View Post
    I know, it isn't easy for normal people to understand the thoughts of a genius.

Quote Originally Posted by TheUnwanted View Post
    What about people who just leave to go donate a siege machine to a friend or go to a sister clan?
    I agree

or what if we have to go to take donations for war?(in sister clans and friends)

PS: why don't you kick such players that would cause them to req to join the clan only after 3 days unless they are invited.

This is a very good idea. I wondered why so many people join and then leave never thought of spying but that makes sense. Please implement so type of penalty for this behavior.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyTsun View Post
    This game has a issue with vagrant players who both join and leave clans incessantly. I think it'd be helpful if there was some sort of time penalty applied whenever a player exits a clan. For example, if I left a clan right now, then I'd have to wait 1-12 hrs (any amount of time would do) before I could join another clan. The time penalty would both encourage stability within clans, and cut down on spying during clan wars.

P.s. This is already a feature used in other games for above reasons (one game in particular, "Summoners Wars", has a 12hr timeout).
    The benefits of this (wholly minimal anyhow) are far outweighed by the disbenefits IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    The benefits of this (wholly minimal anyhow) are far outweighed by the disbenefits IMO.
    Could you elaborate?

Forum Champion
    Could you elaborate?
    A time penalty would completely destroy clan families and feeder clans, both of which there are many in CoC. In my clan we have 2 sister clans. One is our war feeder and another is a place to park mini accounts. We often jump back and forth between clans for many purposes. We give advice on attacks and upgrades to our feeder clan and everyone jumps around to chat and get troops. With your idea, all this would be gone. CoC is, among many things, a social game and anything to limit the social aspect is a bad idea.
    What if I’m looking for a clan to join? The first one I join puts me in war immediately (bad ideas) and then they start to insult me or speak a different language? Am I to be penalized for leaving an abusive clan?

Quote Originally Posted by TheUnwanted View Post
    Perhaps Coc could allow a method for donating troops to friends (which would make the "friends" feature more useful), AND still uphold a timeout period between joining clans. Then everyone would be happy, and better off for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdome757 View Post
    A time penalty would completely destroy clan families and feeder clans, both of which there are many in CoC. In my clan we have 2 sister clans. One is our war feeder and another is a place to park mini accounts. We often jump back and forth between clans for many purposes. We give advice on attacks and upgrades to our feeder clan and everyone jumps around to chat and get troops. With your idea, all this would be gone. CoC is, among many things, a social game and anything to limit the social aspect is a bad idea.
    What if I’m looking for a clan to join? The first one I join puts me in war immediately (bad ideas) and then they start to insult me or speak a different language? Am I to be penalized for leaving an abusive clan?
    You're right, a timeout period would make that impossible without CoC making multiple changes...
    However, I still think that I'm addressing a problem for which there isn't currently a solution: spying. Because as it is, my clan declines dozens of requests to join every week as a safety measure, to prevent someone from immediately screen shotting every detail of everyone's war base. It's a crying shame how many legitimate requests we likely decline "just in case". And if you think I'm blowing the issue out of proportion, I'm not. The higher up the leaderboards your clan rises, the more frequent the spy spam becomes.
    So, a smarter solution would be for CoC to somehow restrict new members from viewing war bases for 24hrs? That would make spying impossible, and decrease vagrancy.

You're right, a timeout period would make that impossible without CoC making multiple changes...
    However, I still think that I'm addressing a problem for which there isn't currently a solution: spying. Because as it is, my clan declines dozens of requests to join every week as a safety measure, to prevent someone from immediately screen shotting every detail of everyone's war base. It's a crying shame how many legitimate requests we likely decline "just in case". And if you think I'm blowing the issue out of proportion, I'm not. The higher up the leaderboards your clan rises, the more frequent the spy spam becomes.
    So, a smarter solution would be for CoC to somehow restrict new members from viewing war bases for 24hrs? That would make spying impossible, and decrease vagrancy.
    I don't think spying will be fixed, as Supercell states that spying is a perfectly legitimate thing to do in war. I wouldn't be opposed to the bolded bit in your post being implemented, but considering on how easy it is to prevent spying (which you're currently doing by rejecting requests), I don't see it happening anytime soon.

CoC Accounts: Darkwind™ (New TH12 - LV 188 - 50/52/20) | DARDANIUS (TH10 - LV 132 - 20/28)

Clan: CAESARS BOYZ (LV 13 - Gold I) - We are recruiting! Interested in joining? Click here!
    Clashing since January 2014