Thread: Derby tasks

Fresh Spawn

Derby tasks

I have seen people talk about this before but it really needs to be done. You should be able to reserve a task while you are doing another. For example I was waiting on 20 strawberries to finish a task and the Spa task came up so I put the goat cheese, candles and Olive oil to make, put it on the hood chat and someone else still picked it before I could get to it. That's not fair to do that but if you could reserve just 1 task it couldn't happen, I wish they would add this to the game I for one am getting very frustrated with this happening every week and thinking about opting out of the derby for awhile.

They could make it work if they made a taken (not trashed) task instantly replaced with another task, like the truck board. However, unless you want to pay diamonds to take the second task I don’t see it happening because they’d be down in diamonds from people speeding up the refresh.
    Level 149 (44 Town)
    Achievements: 140/141 * Mastered: 39/39 * Barn/Silo: Never Big Enough!!

KIK: SmallChange2015
    🇬🇧 GMT+1. Trade with existing GC or Farm Tags (No FB)

I think that the way it is is fair. This gives everyone the same opportunity to pick a task. One of our hoodies requested to keep a task for her so no one took it. She sat for days on her current task. I ended up taking it because fair is fair. If I'm near the end of my task and one is up that I want I offer it to anyone who wants first but please don't trash it.

Millennial Club
    We typically have 25-30 players all looking for 320/400 tasks. Finding one task a task a time is hard enough. I can’t imagine the discord if some people have a task on the go and then selfishly reserve another one while others can’t even find one to start with!
    Did it occur to you that somebody else might have already started loading that task and was better prepared for it than you, or that they just needed a task more than you?

Fair allocation/sharing of tasks and playing selflessly is integral to good teamwork. There’s no “I” in “team”
    Steve
    Leader JT Legend #J2JOLG2
    Broken the mystical 100 champions league golds “Team first, my barn is your barn”
    recruitment ad https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...d-team-players

Quote Originally Posted by P3pp3r18 View Post
    I have seen people talk about this before but it really needs to be done. You should be able to reserve a task while you are doing another. For example I was waiting on 20 strawberries to finish a task and the Spa task came up so I put the goat cheese, candles and Olive oil to make, put it on the hood chat and someone else still picked it before I could get to it. That's not fair to do that but if you could reserve just 1 task it couldn't happen, I wish they would add this to the game I for one am getting very frustrated with this happening every week and thinking about opting out of the derby for awhile.
    Surely quality of neighbourhood communication is an important aspect of the game? To solve your problem sort your neighbours out, or boot them. A change to the game would be a retrograde step. Imho lol

Quote Originally Posted by xenkitty View Post
    I think that the way it is is fair. This gives everyone the same opportunity to pick a task. One of our hoodies requested to keep a task for her so no one took it. She sat for days on her current task. I ended up taking it because fair is fair. If I'm near the end of my task and one is up that I want I offer it to anyone who wants first but please don't trash it.
    Spot on kitty

Task reservation is not allowed in my hood. We prep and stack and hope the task will still be there but someone else is just as entitled to that task and if they get there first...better luck next time! You may be taking the task your neighbor was hoping for! It all works out for the good of the hood!
    Leader Spirit’s Peace
    Competitve Champion League
    Now accepting new members​

New Bloke/Chick
    Reserving may work for a couple of people hood, but with 30? Nope. All the tasks would be reserved, and someone looking for a task would not be able to pick one. As others have said, communication and rules are the key here.