Page 87 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clan War League discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Rowcoy View Post
    Give it a couple of months and you will end up in a league where you can win a good proportion of your wars. If your members are already leaving at the first sniff of difficulty then you’re probably better off without them and I can almost guarantee they will do same thing in their next clan.

My mini account is in a clan that runs a mixed lineup from TH12 to TH9 our first war we had an advantage in terms of number of TH12s and lost the war. In our next war we faced a clan with much higher war weight and several more TH12 compared to us and we wiped them off the board! So it’s always worth competing even if you think you have no chance.

If all you do is moan about how unfair it is you destroy morale in your clan and people leave. If you tell people to do their best and encourage them when for example your TH7 comes up with a solid 1 star on a TH9/10 you build team spirit and in all the successful war clans I have been in this is how it started!

I would suggest the situation you find yourself in isn’t so much to do with bad matches but has instead highlighted issues with poor leadership.
    Not exactly mate! I do encourage my clanmates! I vented on here because i didnt want to vent there! I always ask them to just try their best! I give advice if they need it and i encourage them that they can 3 star that base. Its you thats thinking of a scenario and adding it to my problem! And its Sc’s mistakes not mine thats lowered the morale of my clan. Losing wars all the time that you cannot win is big cause of loss of morale in a clan.
    If you have a great war and almost win but lose at the end by one star, then you come to terms with it and think that was a great war! Losing wars you cannot possibly win is not good for the future of this game.

I understand that cwl will take time to settle into normality....
    My argument is where is the skill we were told the leagues depended on when there are 15 th12 against 3 th12 2 th11 2 th10 and the rest th9 and th8?
    I find it hard to understand any clan cheering victory when the system not ability is against them?

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninopro View Post
    Not exactly mate! I do encourage my clanmates! I vented on here because i didnt want to vent there! I always ask them to just try their best! I give advice if they need it and i encourage them that they can 3 star that base. Its you thats thinking of a scenario and adding it to my problem! And its Sc’s mistakes not mine thats lowered the morale of my clan. Losing wars all the time that you cannot win is big cause of loss of morale in a clan.
    If you have a great war and almost win but lose at the end by one star, then you come to terms with it and think that was a great war! Losing wars you cannot possibly win is not good for the future of this game.
    I could understand and accept this response if CWL had been going for couple of months and your clan had been on the receiving end of bad war match after bad war match. We are talking about something that started a few days ago and most clans are only on their third war. If your clan is imploding after 4-5 days my suspicion would be there is something else going on and CWL was just a trigger that highlighted underlying dissatisfaction.
    IGN: Rowcoy | Clan: Lost Phoenix | TH12 | Level: 226
    GG: 2 Bil | EE: 2 Bil | HH: 32 mil+ | SV: 6157
    Top global ranking: 93 | Top UK ranking: 1

Further Feedback

We are two battles in now and we are doing fine. I like the CWL feature. I like that you can only attack once. I think the 2nd iteration will be very important. If we see reasonable matchups (and these are turning out to be reasonable in this 1st iteration), then we can trust COC's algorithm and will likely stick with CWL.

I am stunned by the number of people that can’t handle a little adversity. Did anyone actually think this would be perfect on it’s first go round? My clan pays very little attention to info that comes out, but we have a few that watch forums and there was plenty of talk in our chat about how this would work and that we might do great, terrible, or somewhere in between.

For the record we are in M2 and are a mixed clan, 6 th12, most of the rest th11, and a couple th10 in our set of eligible players. Currently sitting second after two rounds, but don’t expect to finish there. We are just excited to have something new and fun. Relax people and enjoy the ride. If your clan can’t handle a few losses, you have other problems.

Let's be fair it's not as advertised as I posted in my "where's the skill" post
    I feel your pain but you are not alone

Did you guys put any thought into this at all !!!![/QUOTE]

This!

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #868
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninopro View Post
    So
    So what you are saying is this league war thing is only for high level clans and us level 7 clans are not invited! A bit stupid in my opinion! Sc have messed it up mate!
    Iím sorry but that is nonsense.

Currently CWL is brand new. It still has that new feature smell very much and a word of warning in advance it will continue to have that new smell for a while. With the feature being brand new like this SC had to choose some point of starting point which they tried to make somewhat fair already by using the weight of the top 15 bases you choose on the roster. So that placed clans in certain leagues. For example my clan was placed in Master I and a lot of clans with lower bases were placed in lower leagues. Obviously this isnít perfect and not where we all want to be yet but itís a starting point and nothing more.

Now it will take a couple of CWL rounds for clans to find their ďnaturalĒ league where they meet clans with similar skill levels and similar bases. Think of it like the normal multiplayer game and a TH7 trying to get to legend league. That TH7 will have a super rough time an itís not going to be easy. It isnít supposed to be and when left untouched that TH7 will naturally fall down the ranks again. Now compare this with a TH12 in silver league. They actively need to work to stay there, if they log off and leave it untouched they climb up quite a few leagues through defenses to a more natural league.

For example it will take the strongest clans a few rounds before they will find their place in the high champions leagues and it will take other clans a while to find their natural place in the other leagues. So when that new smell wears off and clans find the league they should be in it should all be a lot better however this will take a few rounds.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Lots of valid concerns in this thread.
    For us the matching was ludicrous but its the first one so fine.

I brought 26 people (48 member clan) and I can't sub in anyone because all we get matched with is 12's and 11's.
    I feel bad for our 9s-10s that want to war.
    I foresee a mass exodus of lowers who want to war in lots of clans.

I feel this could have been implemented better.
    They system could of searched based on the th's you added.
    There could have been a tier system in place at the onset.
    ex)
    5-12's
    5-11's
    5-10's

At least then you would know what to expect.
    I have a feeling a lot of clans got a rude awakening on their first war.
    Its still the first one so I'm not as critical as most on here but there is definitely room for improvement.

By the way so far this CWL is an engineered clans best friend from what we've seen.
    Th 12's with th 9-10 defense and maxed hero's and bowlers seems very popular.

Playing for 7 years-No that's not a typo!
    Just shoot me now

Quote Originally Posted by bigdogdigs View Post
    Let's be fair it's not as advertised as I posted in my "where's the skill" post
    I feel your pain but you are not alone
    I agree with this. "Skill" will only be present between similar th lvls.
    For example take 15 th12s - skill will only settle such clan within the league of th12s as they will naturally be on top 2-3 leagues.
    Same goes for 15 th11s and down to 15 th8s.
    You will never see 15 th10s in the th12s leagues. no matter the skill they have, th12 WILL crush any th10 (except 2 left handed attackers)

usually is sports you have weight divisions, take boxing for example - there is a super heavy weight, heavy weight and so on.
    "Skill" measured is IN those divisions. You can't take featherweight and match it with heavy weight and say "skill wins" - NO its weight wins!

Those leagues are no more than th leagues, that's all.
    The higher your average th lvl - the higher league you will be in over time - has nothing to do with skill.

SC could give leagues other names to better reflect what those are - i think the following names are better:
    12s - top
    12s - mid
    12s-lower
    11s - tops
    th7 - lower

This is exactly the way clans will be located over time with absolutely no "skill" factor once so ever.
    Leader of Drunken.Hog (#2C2GPL99) friendly fast growing clan.
    Some members have their kids here too, hope we are not too old
    Clan is open 2 days a week, visit us