Page 2 of 117 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clan War League discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Lextalionist View Post
    So since practically only 15 strongest members will war, what are the rest going to do? This issue has created unrest among my members. Some said they are leaving if they are not actually participating in war. Running two clans one CWL one normal with members hopping here and there is not the way it meant to be played for sure.
    We included everyone on our cwl roster, even if they dont attack they still get medals.

But you could always take turns swapping a lower in to give them the chamce to war. Noone said I only has to be the top that attacks. You could choose to be inclusive.

What our plan is, we will be running a 5/5/5 BD as best we can, for active war participants we have 7/8/10, and we will be rotating people during the week into the war roster.

All our 9's are minis, many are not interested and will passively gain medals if the clan wins. those 9's who wanted to war, 5 of them, hooked up with another clan to do th9&10 CWL.

Many of us have been together for years, so we will all share in the fun of the CWL experience as best as we can.
    Level: 250 | TH12 | GG 2B
    Highest Trophy Count:5225 | Donations: 1.1 million | Hero Levels: 150
    Leader of Rogue Elite
    #8200L0UJ
    Retired League Clan and Players recruiting experienced attackers to play in a relaxed and fun environment.
    ​Our Discord link https://discord.gg/pwz4W2h

Quote Originally Posted by DJluv2013 View Post
    We included everyone on our cwl roster, even if they dont attack they still get medals.

But you could always take turns swapping a lower in to give them the chamce to war. Noone said I only has to be the top that attacks. You could choose to be inclusive.
    we did exactly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Lextalionist View Post
    So since practically only 15 strongest members will war, what are the rest going to do? This issue has created unrest among my members. Some said they are leaving if they are not actually participating in war. Running two clans one CWL one normal with members hopping here and there is not the way it meant to be played for sure.
    A lot of questions arise, but lets be calm, enjoy the new thing and time will tell what the future holds. Sure, the game changes drastically, but try to look at the glass as half full, not half empty.

Well for the average clan it will not be a problem, but for clans with many active war players it sure will. The more competitive they are, the bigger the issue will be, as it basically benches everybody below the top 15.

My home clan matched yesterday, and seeing the opponents they have way more TH 12 bases then we do. Their lowest base in the current roster is a TH 10. This means we can enroll a TH 8 in that roster, but they will have not much fun trying to beat a TH 10 base. Then again, we do not play the CWL to win, so we just try to get the most fun out of it.

What I see happen in the future, is that larger clans with a heavy top will split off that heavy top into a temporary clan for 9 days a month, where they do CWL. The rest of the clan can then do normal small sized wars, and after the 9 days the top 15 will return.

For the social part, that is not good, it would be better if the people not in the CWL roster can do normal wars, but I can see how that is a problem technically.
    <gone>

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #16
    I have decided to slap tariffs on warm beer.
    We discussed this yesterday as everybody was panicking that we would simply face 15 TH12's. I have tried to explain that clans that simply ignore the bottom half of their clans will quickly fall apart as this is a team league with a squad of players. Everyone will quite rightly want a shot at a star to secure a few medals and rewards will have to be managed to engage the whole clan. Is it a test for leadership? Of course it is and it will also lead to some clans having issues with retention but others with good leadership will thrive. I believe once it all settles down and clans have reached the correct league you will see at least some of the battles being balanced, mixed rosters with the odd battle (especially if promotion or relegation is at stake) being all of the top players.
    Bottom line is it adds a really interesting wrinkle to what is already an absorbing game so I am totally supportive of the efforts to keep the game fresh. There will be teething problems and some tinkering as ever I Imagine but let's just give it a go eh?
    Last edited by Holps; October 25th, 2018 at 07:59 AM.

In short this CWL is all about TH level. It will be impossible to go in higher league with all Th8.

Forum Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by MeetMaddy View Post
    In short this CWL is all about TH level. It will be impossible to go in higher league with all Th8.

.. but it will be impossible to go beyond "a certain point", with all TH8s.

The "certain point" being the point where clans with mostly TH9s and above have been placed in the Leagues.

We really can't predict how things are going to pan out just yet.

/Affront
    TH12-60/60/30|BH8-16.16.16.16.16.16.16.16.16.16/25| Farm with US | full stats
    Recruiting

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #19
    I have decided to slap tariffs on warm beer.
    I do struggle and can be a bit dismissive of warmoaners at this point to be fair - It is my problem and I will endeavour to be a better person. I genuinely don't understand how people can rant about their beer being warm when they haven't even tasted it.

Unfair War Matchmaking

We have matched Up For Cwl Opposite clan has 4 th 12 and two are almost Max we have only one th 12 and other 5 th 11