Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maximum Value Task Frequency

Maximum Value Task Frequency

Has anyone noticed a dearth of 400 point tasks in this Halloween Derby? Normally for themed derbies we observe one maximum value task for every 20 tasks in total, this time we're running at one in 40. Also we seem to be subject to a maximum of eight 400 point tasks concurrently (in progress or on the board), where normally it's 12.

Forum Veteran
    The number of themed tasks is limited to a max of 4 per task category - baskets, production and crop singular in this case. We haven’t yet seen a 400 pumpkin task so we are operating on just 8 themed tasks for 23 opted in.
    our drop rate for 400 tasks vs trashed tasks is around 1:5 - simply because everybody in the hood is stacked and only taking tasks they can complete immediately. It’s the only way to beat these awful themed derbys
    Steve: Hayday Leader JT Legend #J2JOLG2. 150+ golds “Team first, my barn is your barn”
    recruitment ad https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...d-team-players
    CoC coleader Fat Kitty Stars #28Q99R2P9 active clan, learning together and having fun

In the last hour we've suddenly witnessed a plethora of 400 tasks, including our first three pumpkin harvesting! Back up to one 400 in every 18 tasks.

I can't believe this is purely statistical: SC must have fixed a problem or adjusted some parameters, probably introduced with the last server "upgrade" .

Quote Originally Posted by Mallet View Post
    In the last hour we've suddenly witnessed a plethora of 400 tasks, including our first three pumpkin harvesting! Back up to one 400 in every 18 tasks.

I can't believe this is purely statistical: SC must have fixed a problem or adjusted some parameters, probably introduced with the last server "upgrade" .
    I wondered about this as well. The last few special derbys, they seem to have cranked up the task spawn rate and all of a sudden, we get this derby and it was like they rolled back the (ad hoc) derby task drop changes. And, a day after the start of derby, we're finally seeing our first 400 point pumpkin harvest task.

Edit: Also, my newspaper was not flooded with pumpkins yesterday which leads me to think that very few people were seeing high point pumpkin tasks.
    Last edited by farmyj; October 24th, 2018 at 02:51 PM.

Care to comment Supercell?

In my hood we can only have 12 of the special tasks regardless of point value. We have noticed the 4 of a type too. However we are still plagued by the plethora of pumpkins in the DD. Nobody in my hood is selling pumpkins for more than a coin. Our problem is 11 farms and only 12 tasks to choose from. So when everybody has a task there is only 1 special on the board. Stacking is almost worthless when you can’t be sure who will get what done when to fit in the 4 of a type rule. Plus all of the tasks are close to 20 hours each. IMHO this derby like the Summer and Spring ones is an absolute fail. Not enough variety in the tasks and too many of the same task at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by BokuSachii View Post
    In my hood we can only have 12 of the special tasks regardless of point value. We have noticed the 4 of a type too. However we are still plagued by the plethora of pumpkins in the DD. Nobody in my hood is selling pumpkins for more than a coin. Our problem is 11 farms and only 12 tasks to choose from. So when everybody has a task there is only 1 special on the board. Stacking is almost worthless when you can’t be sure who will get what done when to fit in the 4 of a type rule. Plus all of the tasks are close to 20 hours each. IMHO this derby like the Summer and Spring ones is an absolute fail. Not enough variety in the tasks and too many of the same task at the same time.
    I would say on the contrary, stacking is the key! For all themed derbies (of which the Halloween Derby is one) the list of 400 tasks is published the day before the derby starts, at which point you can start preparing. I had eight of the nine production tasks pretty much fully prepared before the derby started, as did many of my 'hood mates. Admittedly I was getting a bit worried when, by lunchtime on Day 2, I hadn't managed to execute any of them. But that all changed once Supercell corrected the task generation parameters and I managed to complete five of them in quick succession. It was then a stroll in the park to knock off the remaining two tasks I needed to complete my ten.
    Last edited by Mallet; October 27th, 2018 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mallet View Post

I'm pretty sure what's happened is that Supercell adjusted their task generation parameters prior to the Power Derby to increase the frequency of maximum value tasks. Then they managed to over egg the pudding when they reduced them again prior to this derby. Realising their error, they've now set them correctly.

At least I'm fairly sure they would have responded pretty sharpish if there hadn't been a problem on their side, and as yet they haven't.
    Last edited by Mallet; October 27th, 2018 at 02:02 PM.

Please Hay day team. .. work on derby tasks.
    Some new variety Please ! No low tasks.

Special derby tasks are especially brutal and our team has dropped out of playing derby except for me.
    We find it frustrating and pointless to have derby tasks below 300 even posted.
    Spent the first 2 days trashing low or repetitions of tasks .. very frustrating.
    ****Please make Derbys fun by making the derby tasks high in value and variety. ***

Quote Originally Posted by PuzzledBirdy View Post
    Please Hay day team. .. work on derby tasks.
    Some new variety Please ! No low tasks.

Special derby tasks are especially brutal and our team has dropped out of playing derby except for me.
    We find it frustrating and pointless to have derby tasks below 300 even posted.
    Spent the first 2 days trashing low or repetitions of tasks .. very frustrating.
    ****Please make Derbys fun by making the derby tasks high in value and variety. ***
    What on earth does this have to do with the topic? Please delete and post somewhere more relevant.