Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Supercell moderators?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    59

    Supercell moderators?

    okay here is a question i have been holding for a while. metaphorically.....but do supercell moderators get paid? I know i must sound stupid but people like darian should get paid for yheir hard work. IGNORE IF YOU DONFT WANT TO ANSWER or close the thread

  2. #2
    Forum Champion BloodyIrishman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    5,983
    Darian position is Community Manager which is an employee of Supercell so yes he is paid.

    Forum moderators are "volunteers" and as such do not get paid.
    Last edited by BloodyIrishman; October 22nd, 2018 at 08:44 PM.

    Level 18
    - 9,363/18,500| Master I
    BloodyIrishman - TH12 [Level 206] - #2 in TH12 Hall of Fame
    Follow this link if you're interested in joining!

  3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3
    As BloodyIrishman says, all the moderators are unpaid volunteers.

    Darian is not a moderator, he is Supercell staff, and as an employee, he is paid for his job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

  4. #4
    Forum Champion BloodyIrishman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    5,983
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    As BloodyIrishman says, all the moderators are unpaid volunteers.

    Darian is not a moderator, he is Supercell staff, and as an employee, he is paid for his job.
    Probably overpaid since we all know Lach would do a far better job. ��

    Level 18
    - 9,363/18,500| Master I
    BloodyIrishman - TH12 [Level 206] - #2 in TH12 Hall of Fame
    Follow this link if you're interested in joining!

  5. #5
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    The Mystery Machine
    Posts
    127
    I have moderated hundreds of forums over the years and usually it is by trust of the forum and fellow mods.. and of course, the admin..
    Leader Black Myst #YCLUYPPL
    We are a lvl 14 war clan with over 300 wins..

  6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by FrodoB View Post
    Out of interest, how do people become moderators then?
    First, we only choose new moderators when we feel the need for more.

    Then we choose from among the forum members who have been most active, helpful and level headed. There is no application process, it is a case of we contact people who we think might make good moderators.

    Most have been GASPs before becoming mods, but that is neither a requirement, nor any sort of guarantee. There are far more people who are or have been GASPs without becoming mods than who have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

  7. #7
    Forum Superstar LynnK2015's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181
    Posts
    3,997
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    As BloodyIrishman says, all the moderators are unpaid volunteers...
    IMHO, for the time donated by you and the Mod Squad to moderate the Supercell forums, Supercell should give every member of the Mod Squad an annual gift as a token of their appreciation.

    Moderating the forums must be a labor of love. At times, it seems like the Mod Squad is completing one of Hercules' tasks, especially when a controversial update is released.

    Ajax, I think this is your third or fourth year of service to us. Am I correct?
    Last edited by LynnK2015; October 23rd, 2018 at 07:02 AM.
    What the hell?
    The L bunny is elusive as the Scarlet Pimpernel.
    Yet many farms heard recently the toll of the bell.
    Thank you so much sweet Supercell.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...cussion-Thread

  8. #8
    Forum Champion StormHeart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Philippines via Memphis, Tn. USA
    Posts
    5,214
    I think I would stay a GASP if I was a GASP. Hopefully, someday I will possess the knowledge for that but probably not. The level headed thing might be an issue too. :P LOL But, I do wish I had the knowledge that GASP generally have.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    First, we only choose new moderators when we feel the need for more.

    Then we choose from among the forum members who have been most active, helpful and level headed. There is no application process, it is a case of we contact people who we think might make good moderators.

    Most have been GASPs before becoming mods, but that is neither a requirement, nor any sort of guarantee. There are far more people who are or have been GASPs without becoming mods than who have.

    Signature Banner from ClashofHolmes
    Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Join us on Discord
    Player Tag: ​#20RRP9UQ8
    My post is opinion unless I specifically state it's a fact.

  9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post
    IMHO, for the time donated by you and the Mod Squad to moderate the Supercell forums, Supercell should give every member of the Mod Squad an annual gift as a token of their appreciation.

    Moderating the forums must be a labor of love. At times, it seems like the Mod Squad is completing one of Hercules' tasks, especially when a controversial update is released.

    Ajax, I think this is your third or fourth year of service to us. Am I correct?
    A bit over two years I thin. August two years ago I started. At the same time as Sharky, Holps and Smolson IIRC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

  10. #10
    Senior Member AmarKumar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Somewhere inside the treasury box
    Posts
    378
    How to be a Supercell Moderator ?


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •