Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Halloween Derby!

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisbannerman View Post
    People are always moaning about being in a small hood or solo player. If you don't want to miss out join a slightly bigger hood or don't that's your choice man
    I assume you’re responding to my post, since I’m the only one in this thread who mentioned solo players and small hoods. First, if you read my post again, I think you’ll see that I wasn’t moaning—just asking a simple question about how the derby rewards will work.

Also, people have valid reasons for playing solo or being in small hoods—and are sometimes not psychologically equipped to deal with the social aspects of a bigger hood. So for some of us it’s not a simple matter of just choosing to join a larger NH.

Finally, I think there are good reasons for people in hoods of all sizes to voice their objections when derby rules (and drop rates, etc.) are unfavorable for their size hood. People from SC read these threads, and there have been many times that they’ve changed or tweaked their approach based on customer feedback. So I think there’s a place here for everyone’s opinions and feelings, as long as they aren’t expressed in hurtful or toxic ways.

Thatís an interesting question as there was at least 1 of the bottom 3 in our derby that did a 15th task. (We were in a derby of 2 players). I asked a question of support on the first day (Tuesday) of the derby and they didnít get back to me until Saturday. By then my issue was moot other than to just complain about how fast the first place team finished (they were done in under 12 hours completing 30 tasks)....

Nick, do you know if the task appearance rates been altered at all?
    Just wondering because we've only had 13x 400s appear out of 246 tasks thus far. Thats only about 5% right? Seems very low for champs league.
    Last edited by Mistycreek329; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:08 PM.
    M!STY💜

Level 145 ~Town 44
    Achievements: 143/144 (Just Bingo to go)
    Mastery: All but that dang flower shop!

Has anybody seen a 400 pt pumpkin task? We have had 394 in CL.

edit: we got a 400
    Last edited by Td14; 2 Weeks Ago at 08:17 PM.

I m so dissapointed that this week "last threshold " is impossible to reach when only 2 members are doing Derby. To get horseshoe prizes (special decorations) in last column (expert league) we need to get 7900 points. Its impossible. We have 8 tasks available. And even when we both are doing extra tasks and only 400 point hard tasks we can get only 7200 points.
    Last week Derby was fun but this week Derby remembered me why I opt.out so long.
    Looks like SC doesnt care anymore. Halloween event doesnt give us older Halloween decorations .(like previous years). Last week there was 3 maintenances and we didnt get even 1 diamond. We lost items because this negative items problem and we didnt get those items back. (No free Tom to get items back , no diamonds, no decorations , no sorry - nothing).
    Hopefully we will get atleast this (too high goal) Halloween event special decoration.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilleke View Post
    I m so dissapointed that this week "last threshold " is impossible to reach when only 2 members are doing Derby. To get horseshoe prizes (special decorations) in last column (expert league) we need to get 7900 points. Its impossible. We have 8 tasks available. And even when we both are doing extra tasks and only 400 point hard tasks we can get only 7200 points.
    Last week Derby was fun but this week Derby remembered me why I opt.out so long.
    Looks like SC doesnt care anymore. Halloween event doesnt give us older Halloween decorations .(like previous years). Last week there was 3 maintenances and we didnt get even 1 diamond. We lost items because this negative items problem and we didnt get those items back. (No free Tom to get items back , no diamonds, no decorations , no sorry - nothing).
    Hopefully we will get atleast this (too high goal) Halloween event special decoration.

Yep. Once again hoods of 1-3 players are being punished for choosing to play in small hoods. All (free plus bonus) tasks at 400 points and we still can’t reach the Exclusive Deco. Only if you choose to play in a hood of 4+. SC allows NH’s of 1-3, so they should be treat FAIRLY. I don’t mind having to do max tasks for max points, but I do mind it being impossible to achieve.
    Level 149 (44 Town)
    Achievements: 140/141 * Mastered: 39/39 * Barn/Silo: Never Big Enough!!

KIK: SmallChange2015
    🇬🇧 GMT+1. Trade with existing GC or Farm Tags (No FB)

I feel the frustration for you

I am lucky to be in a NH of 8 (5 actually opted-in me included) ... we have no problem to reach the last
    threshold every time ...

An algorithm to calculate dynamically each threshold based on the number of players and their league
    should be peanuts for HD programmers ... this at least will allow any derby team (even a team of 1) to
    reach the last threshold easily every time if they play nearly all maximum points tasks (320 or 400) ...
    ... without 'diamonds'

SC/HD always repeat that they are for 'fair play' ... and so on ... but they never said that they are 'fair' to
    the players ...

Can SC/HD team cracks their brain on that algorithm and implement it for the next derby ?

Quote Originally Posted by HeJePi View Post
    I feel the frustration for you

I am lucky to be in a NH of 8 (5 actually opted-in me included) ... we have no problem to reach the last
    threshold every time ...

An algorithm to calculate dynamically each threshold based on the number of players and their league
    should be peanuts for HD programmers ... this at least will allow any derby team (even a team of 1) to
    reach the last threshold easily every time if they play nearly all maximum points tasks (320 or 400) ...
    ... without 'diamonds'

SC/HD always repeat that they are for 'fair play' ... and so on ... but they never said that they are 'fair' to
    the players ...

Can SC/HD team cracks their brain on that algorithm and implement it for the next derby ?
    HeJePi

Thank you. It does mean a lot when players in larger hoods speak out for us 🎁

The programming isnít an issue, it already exists (as displayed in the Power Derby).

It simply requires SC to make a decision to be fair to ALL players and not discriminate against those choosing to play in NHís of 1-3 members.
    Level 149 (44 Town)
    Achievements: 140/141 * Mastered: 39/39 * Barn/Silo: Never Big Enough!!

KIK: SmallChange2015
    🇬🇧 GMT+1. Trade with existing GC or Farm Tags (No FB)

Smallchange I'm with you , I have 3 farms in 2 hoods and don't want to join a big neighborhood. I will sometimes run all 3 if I have the time but usually only do 1 with the other 2 as back up. There are 2 on each hood as non active and on one I become leader by default. I don't want to leave as I know the other players and all but 1 I know why they are not active,so leaving is not an option. And it's a challenge to see if I can get top 3 .
    Nick if you read this messages how about helping us out ?

Centennial Club
    No choice of Special Reward in my last threshold - just expansion material as in the second to last threshold.

Was I supposed to get a choice of decoration?

Solo player 10x400 = 4000 points (max reached)

Did any other solo player get that something "Special" in their last column?

Just curious

Edt: Just read through the posts again and I see what some of you are saying. Although I reached the end of my tasks in Champions League - I didn't actually reach the end threshold as I can't reach it as Solo player - so I've answered my question - guess nothing 'Special' for me then
    Last edited by haydaylover6610; 2 Weeks Ago at 08:45 PM.