Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: New Tornado Trap Explained - Gameplay and Tips

New Tornado Trap Explained - Gameplay and Tips

Hi guys, I have created a quick video explaining the new Tornado Trap. The Trap is available at TH11 and 12. It can be upgraded to level 3 with a max duration effect of 10 seconds. It will be effective against everything, including Heroes and Siege Machines. The speed of the spin will be determined by the troop housing space. The effect is calculated on a scale of 1-5 by dividing the troops housing capacity by 3 (max 5). The number once divided is also rounded up, so a few examples are as follows: you
    Minion - 1, Balloon - 2, Witch - 4, Golem - 5. Heroes are also classed as 5 but Siege Machines are only classed as 1. The only troop that is currently invincible to the Tornado Trap is the Miner, irrespective of being underground or above it still will not be effected.
    In terms of strategy it goes without saying that it will depend on what you are trying to defend. I’ve found it is very effective against E Drags because it pulls them out of range of defences so they have to keep retargeting and because they are slow, it makes the trap very effective against them. It will be great to have around defences like the Giga Tesla, or a Multi Inferno/Wizard Tower if defending LavaLoon. Keep in mind though that if a Hound pops this might set off the trap in advance if in range. I’m also interested to see if it can be used to catch Healers during a Queen Walk. Be sure to share below how you plan to use the Tornado Trap and if you have any questions I will try my best to test it out for you. Clash On!

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #2

Ok, 3rd Inferno tower at 2:11...just a development option for more defenses or the most exciting thing a max TH12 player could wish for in an update?
    Last edited by Corgzilla; October 20th, 2018 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LachNessMeownster View Post
    Good stuff! Thanks judo!
    Thanks Lach, glad you enjoyed it mate. Hope you’re well

How does the spin speed matter? The troops will be stuck for the duration of the spell anyway.

Doesn't effect miners? too bad.. would think once they're above ground.. they're fair game just like to every other trap. If you put spring traps, bombs, etc in the spiral I take it that if something passes over that they'll feel the effects? (bowlers are bounced by spring traps, bombs do dmg, etc)

Thanks for this, haven't watched my trap in action and (fortunately) none of my opponents even had one.
    Last edited by Clash12344321; November 7th, 2018 at 01:14 PM.

Centennial Club
    Once triggered will it effect new incoming troops ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fun314 View Post
    Once triggered will it effect new incoming troops ?
    Yes.

10yes

Bumpbumpbump