Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New perks will kill clans?

Quote Originally Posted by UndaCovaLova View Post
    you bring up a couple of excellent points. there's an increasing tension in our clan as well since some members are very insistent/persuasive when it comes to cwl-participation of our TH12s (and close-to-max-TH11s). In general, I like the idea of having war leagues, but they pretty wearisome...
    This issue was discussed in these forums even before the first CWL started. Clans need to decide if they're going to push to be the highest possible or be happy with where they land allowing everyone to rotate into the cwl. My big war clan wants to push as high as possible. so we sent the lower half of the clan to an old dead clan someone owns to war with 8/9/10. the 11&12 stay and push.

in my smaller clan we only took two th10 the first cwl leaving out our non warring, mostly casual th11. we included everyone in cwl2, but usually stick with the 2 th10 at the top. we rotate most accounts through at least once during the week. so we're not going to get as high as we otherwise would but everyone is aware. if they want to go to another clan that's more serious the door is always open lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    Yes. We have won both leagues. We are now in Gold III. Will we continue winning? No. But we will hover right around where we should be with the roster we are using which includes swapping bases out at all levels. I.e. active and involved clan management.
    That's great, well the league is pretty low so I assume that many of the opponents were struggling with missing attacks and that could be factor. But I don't know that so lets leave this topic in the state, I have my opinion and you have yours.

As for the rest of your post, how was my edit job?
    Very good, thanks for your time

don't agree on first paragraph. we brought an 11 in cwl2 and only put him in one war, as that was all he wanted to be in. all other wars our top two bases were both th10. this is really a clan management issue and not much else.
    It is pure NOT. Imagine every 7 opponents have exact same 16 bases with only one maxed TH12 and rest TH9s. They also have exact same attack skill as your players and lets say they are super good. Each war where you have th12 inclueded will result in draw 45 stars vs 45 stars. Will it be the same if you will not take the only TH12 but your enemy would? You could say "HEY Johny it's okay you don't participate in 6 out of 7 wars as the only TH12 we have" but that means you gonna lose 6 wars and draw 7th in the above example. What will Johnny feel? What others will think about Johnny? Ofc some wont care but some will do. Will it be then good emotions?

Partially agree on second, although I think 15v is fine.
    15 people have fun, 35 people are watching. I think fine would be 50vs50, 30vs30 and 15vs15

Disagree on 3rd, the speeding up issue is to allow more players access to more content. Doesn't really have anything to do with impatient kids.
    And the purpose is to keep people playing instead of leaving the game, isn't it? And I don't know the stats, but I have strong feeling that most players in the game is under 18.

Quote Originally Posted by Trismegista View Post
    That's great, well the league is pretty low so I assume that many of the opponents were struggling with missing attacks and that could be factor. But I don't know that so lets leave this topic in the state, I have my opinion and you have yours.

Very good, thanks for your time

It is pure NOT. Imagine every 7 opponents have exact same 16 bases with only one maxed TH12 and rest TH9s. They also have exact same attack skill as your players and lets say they are super good. Each war where you have th12 inclueded will result in draw 45 stars vs 45 stars. Will it be the same if you will not take the only TH12 but your enemy would? You could say "HEY Johny it's okay you don't participate in 6 out of 7 wars as the only TH12 we have" but that means you gonna lose 6 wars and draw 7th in the above example. What will Johnny feel? What others will think about Johnny? Ofc some wont care but some will do. Will it be then good emotions?
    I'm unsure what you're getting at here. Either way, it's a clan management issue. As I stated before and you didn't quote, as the leader, or one of the coleaders, you need to decide what your clan is going to do, push as high as possible or settle for lower and rotate everyone in at all levels. Once it's decided people in your clan who are annoyed by it can find another clan that wants to push. Trying to make everyone happy all the time will not work for any clan.

15 people have fun, 35 people are watching. I think fine would be 50vs50, 30vs30 and 15vs15
    No. This would make it horrible for matching. As I presented in my previous post, you need to decide if your clan is going to push or play everyone. If it's push, create a second (or third) clan and send lower accounts there. Like I said this worked well in my primary war clan. Will it work for all clans? Probably not, but that doesn't mean it's not a good idea.

And the purpose is to keep people playing instead of leaving the game, isn't it? And I don't know the stats, but I have strong feeling that most players in the game is under 18.
    This is a complete guess on your part. I am going to also venture a guess that most of those under 18 are also lower level THs. Regardless, this has no bearing on impatient kids. Darian has stated on multiple occasions that the reason for the books and hammers is to get people progressing faster, and accessing later game content more quickly. I don't have time to find a quote, but I'm pretty sure he said it again in the latest reddit interview. Here's the link https://www.reddit.com/r/ClashOfClan...anager_darian/
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; November 30th, 2018 at 03:20 PM.
    TMBG Low Level War Clan Recruiting - Wars with TH3-9
    TH10 - Doctor Worm 26/36 heroes
    TH10 - doug 40/40 heroes

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by smokie16 View Post
    People have asked for new perk levels and supercell said this would kill clans cause people will leave wanting to be in higher level clans.

Now that being said.. what do you think will happend with the new war leagues that give special rewards ? The same thing people will leave clans to go to clans that will get them a spot in the new war leagues to get these rewards.

These special rewards are not a good idea and will just benefit those who just started playing and not those who spent years playing grinding and spending money to get what they want
    The difference is, if you're in a low-level clan, it's easy to find a level 10+ clan that will accept you, regardless of your TH level and skill. So yes, no one will stay in a low-level clan if it's a significant disadvantage to be in one.

With CWL, the top leagues have far fewer clans. Those clans are by nature serious about CWL, and won't accept you unless you can perform at a level that helps them defeat the all-TH12 bases you see in these leagues.

So yeah, a TH9 can leave your Gold league clan and go shopping for a clan in Champions, but they aren't going to take him/her.

Centennial Club
    There’s always Clashers “On the Want”, that’ll never Change. Game Evolves, Players have to as well.
    Last edited by PabloB; December 16th, 2018 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Spelling