Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New perks will kill clans?

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishacrossface View Post
    Have to say I'm worried about it, I lead a level 15 clan that wars semi seriously either 30 or 40 we have 10 to 12 th12s in every war then a mix of 11s 10s 9s. If we join we will be weighted on our top accounts essentially our lower guys are gonna be unable to war and tbh many are like me in that we couldn't give a ♥♥♥♥ about rewards we just like picking apart a matching war base. Basically someones gonna lose out and either leave clan or the game. Only other option is we don't enter.
    Pretty worried about the effects tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by dreza View Post
    Yes so am I.
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    For clans like yours, you could consider a smaller lineup for the first one. That is the only time weights matter. After that it is by league only. It would put you in a lower league but you would be able, in theory to run your lower bases.
    First off. For any leader that is worried, or undecided, why not throw the decision open to the clan.
    Our clan discussed inclusion/participation internally within the clan. We decided it wouldnt be treated as war. Our members that dont make the regular team are having a blast, and are backed up by war accounts, to save their blushes.
    The rewards make joining cwl a no brainer in my view. As Piper suggested, make your entry team low weight, then grow from there.
    Not everyone can play in cwl, but come season 2, everyone can be entered, and therefore receive rewards. Its either that, or risk losing those within your ranks that wish to participate. there are many clans that will give them a run out.

Quote Originally Posted by smokie16 View Post
    People have asked for new perk levels and supercell said this would kill clans cause people will leave wanting to be in higher level clans.

Now that being said.. what do you think will happend with the new war leagues that give special rewards ? The same thing people will leave clans to go to clans that will get them a spot in the new war leagues to get these rewards.

These special rewards are not a good idea and will just benefit those who just started playing and not those who spent years playing grinding and spending money to get what they want
    This. I am 100% opposed to the CWL system. It's absolutely not fair to newer players who want to participate in wars. Clans aren't gong to allow a town hall 7 player to play in a war, because that player will get stomped in a matchup. They will allow anyone who is stronger to be on the roster. For one week, those players are excluded...unless they leave the clan.

It's not fair to TH12s, either. There is a tremendous amount of pressure on me as a TH12 to participate, even though I don't want to. My clan was placed in it's current bracket, in part because my base weighted us there. Not only do I not want to be tied down to a war for a solid week (it's just too long) but I haven't enjoyed wars since around TH9. Other players expect me to 3 star everything and it just doesn't happen. I usually can 2 star another TH12, but that's about it, and frankly it's all I try to do on the ocassions that I do war.

It's not fair to our middle-tier players, who, last CWL cycle, essentially got griefed for a solid week by the supposedly non-existent matching system. Supercell contends that "there is no matching system" but this is blatantly not true.

Why do I say this? Well, we are in a war. There is another clan right there, who we are supposed to fight. They have bases. Their bases are directly across from us. We got pair with them, somehow. Even if there is no mathematical system at play making this fair, YOU"VE BEEN MATCHED. And the fact that there isn't any system that prevents 5 or 10 people from being griefed for an entire week just to get people rewards is nothing to be proud of.

It isn't fair for weaker clans who now have a much more difficult time recruiting players. If your clan doesn't have 15 players, or there isn't a spot for CWL, people will go elsewhere looking for better rewards . For some clans, this will be their death knell.

I just can't get my head around how bad this system really is. It's put me at odds with my current clan, who almost demands that I participate. I've been with this clan for over 2 years and this is the worst time I've ever had in the game. I won't leave the clan, because if I go somewhere else, it will just be the same nonsense all over again..."you are a TH12, we need you to help us out, blah blah blah."

Thanks a lot, Supercell. I've never been this close to uninstalling the game from my phone as I have been at this moment, and I've been playing since 2014.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachdude67 View Post
    This. I am 100% opposed to the CWL system. It's absolutely not fair to newer players who want to participate in wars. Clans aren't gong to allow a town hall 7 player to play in a war, because that player will get stomped in a matchup. They will allow anyone who is stronger to be on the roster. For one week, those players are excluded...unless they leave the clan.

It's not fair to TH12s, either. There is a tremendous amount of pressure on me as a TH12 to participate, even though I don't want to. My clan was placed in it's current bracket, in part because my base weighted us there. Not only do I not want to be tied down to a war for a solid week (it's just too long) but I haven't enjoyed wars since around TH9. Other players expect me to 3 star everything and it just doesn't happen. I usually can 2 star another TH12, but that's about it, and frankly it's all I try to do on the ocassions that I do war.

It's not fair to our middle-tier players, who, last CWL cycle, essentially got griefed for a solid week by the supposedly non-existent matching system. Supercell contends that "there is no matching system" but this is blatantly not true.

Why do I say this? Well, we are in a war. There is another clan right there, who we are supposed to fight. They have bases. Their bases are directly across from us. We got pair with them, somehow. Even if there is no mathematical system at play making this fair, YOU"VE BEEN MATCHED. And the fact that there isn't any system that prevents 5 or 10 people from being griefed for an entire week just to get people rewards is nothing to be proud of.

It isn't fair for weaker clans who now have a much more difficult time recruiting players. If your clan doesn't have 15 players, or there isn't a spot for CWL, people will go elsewhere looking for better rewards . For some clans, this will be their death knell.

I just can't get my head around how bad this system really is. It's put me at odds with my current clan, who almost demands that I participate. I've been with this clan for over 2 years and this is the worst time I've ever had in the game. I won't leave the clan, because if I go somewhere else, it will just be the same nonsense all over again..."you are a TH12, we need you to help us out, blah blah blah."

Thanks a lot, Supercell. I've never been this close to uninstalling the game from my phone as I have been at this moment, and I've been playing since 2014.
    First off mate. SC had nothing to do with your roster. Whomever put out that roster for cwl season 1 must take full responsibility for the inclusion of any accounts within it.
    Secondly, season 1 WAS weighted. It matched by using your 15 heaviest accounts. In reality, many clans purposely left out their biggest bases, in order that once the weighting system ceased to be involved, from a clans second and ongoing seasons, then a level of advantage can be ensured for continued success. Once again the fault is with whomever put out that initial roster.
    I feel for you mate. If you made it clear you dont want war, or at least cwl, then you shouldnt be included. I am with you on this one. Maybe the clan you reside with is not really a good marriage of interests. If you are active in other areas, there are many clans that would welcome you. Just make it clear you dont do war. Good luck.

As an edit.. We dont war with our 15 biggest accounts in cwl, nor will we do so for the foreseeable future. We use an opt in system, and anyone that wants in will do so, with at least their main account. We have good players with good bases that dont like war for their own reasons, so arent involved. We also have members with smaller accounts that enjoy participating, so we will include them. We will find a tier by using people that want to play, not by press ganging our bigger players.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; 1 Day Ago at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    First off mate. SC had nothing to do with your roster. Whomever put out that roster for cwl season 1 must take full responsibility for the inclusion of any accounts within it.
    Secondly, season 1 WAS weighted. It matched by using your 15 heaviest accounts. In reality, many clans purposely left out their biggest bases, in order that once the weighting system ceased to be involved, from a clans second and ongoing seasons, then a level of advantage can be ensured for continued success. Once again the fault is with whomever put out that initial roster.
    I feel for you mate. If you made it clear you dont want war, or at least cwl, then you shouldnt be included. I am with you on this one. Maybe the clan you reside with is not really a good marriage of interests. If you are active in other areas, there are many clans that would welcome you. Just make it clear you dont do war. Good luck.
    My understanding is that the weighting wasn't done with the top 15 bases in war, it was done with the top 15 in the clan. If I'm wrong, by all means please correct me.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachdude67 View Post
    My understanding is that the weighting wasn't done with the top 15 bases in war, it was done with the top 15 in the clan. If I'm wrong, by all means please correct me.
    Yeah mate. Many thought that. But those bases had to be registered before they were counted.
    Much like in regular war. We have a th12 that donates wreckers to our 10s, but it isnt counted cos it aint on the roster.
    Someone had to have registered you mate, otherwise you wouldnt be in it.